You can use the following as a template for your own consitution.
Athlone Atheists Constitution
- The name of the society shall be Athlone Atheists.
- The objectives of the society shall be to represent non-religious students in Athlone Institute of Technology, bring to the fore issues of concern to such persons and organise events of interest to such persons.
- Membership shall be open to all students of Athlone Institute of Technology.
- The society shall not discriminate in its actions against any person on the basis of gender, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, social status, political views, or any other grounds.
- Students shall be considered members of the society – and so have the right to vote in society elections – if they have registered with the Honorary Secretary of the society and attended at least 2 meetings during the session.
- Members shall only be entitled to stand in committee elections if they have attended at least 3 meetings during the session.
- The affairs of the Society shall be under the control of a Committee which shall include the Auditor, the Honorary Secretary, the Honorary Treasurer, the Public Relations Officer, the Webmaster, the Events Officer, and at least one first year student. The Auditor shall be entitled to make rulings and to take steps towards the proper conduct of meetings.
- The Committee shall meet at least once every two weeks during term. A quorum shall be one half plus one of the full committee.
- An Extraordinary General Meeting shall be called by the Honorary Secretary at the request of the Committee, or of one-sixth of the members of the Society.
- The Annual General Meeting of the Society – advertised at least one full week in advance – shall be held in the second term. The Agenda shall include Minutes, Auditor’s Report, Secretary’s Report, Financial Report, and the election of Officers and Committee.
- The Constitution may only be changed at the Society A.G.M., and a two-thirds majority vote is required to do so.