Search found 155 matches
- Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:08 pm
- Forum: Science and Scepticism
- Topic: Atheists Can't Dance ???? Poll
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3566
Well, I absolutely love to dance and I know I'm good at it, too ;) If there is *anything* to this at all (excuse the following stereotyping!) it's probably because atheists are more likely to be smart, bookish types; and smart, bookish types are more likely to insecure in social situations that invo...
- Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:26 pm
- Forum: Off Topic, everything else.
- Topic: What football team do you support?
- Replies: 24
- Views: 10459
I support Bayern Munich, the German National Team, the USMNT; I'm a bit of a Real Madrid fan, and I support Arsenal on behalf of my boyfriend. (And I think I like them best out of all the English teams, anyway.) I do support the Irish football team, but it's hard... seeing as they haven't made a tou...
- Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:19 pm
- Forum: Atheism, Philosophy and Religion
- Topic: Jesus! Why did I say that, for God's sake?!
- Replies: 18
- Views: 5947
I don't feel uncomfortable saying generic phrases such as "oh my god", though to be honest I'm not sure how often I used them. I know I don't say "Jesus", and I'm pretty sure I say "thank goodness", not "thank god". As someone raised in a Western, Christian-influenced culture, I accept them as part ...
- Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:35 pm
- Forum: Recommend Atheist Books, Films and DVDs
- Topic: 77 highly recommended atheist-related books
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5119
I've only read the first book in the His Dark Materials trilogy. My own stockpiling habit keeps me from the others. I have a copy of his recent book The Good Man Jesus and the Scoundrel Christ that I've yet to open. Hitchens was unimpressed in an interview I saw, I'm trying not to let that get in t...
- Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:30 am
- Forum: Announcements & Meetings
- Topic: Be Honest to Godless - Census Campaign launched
- Replies: 27
- Views: 9937
I received my census form from my enumerator about a week ago, and just as I closed the door, my boyfriend reminded me that we are actually not going to be here on the Census night (we will be in Germany.) I've asked around, and most people have said that I don't have to do it as nobody will be home...