adamd164
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by adamd164 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:17 pm

"We are the authorities on the mind". :roll:

What a freak.
bipedalhumanoid

Post by bipedalhumanoid » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:51 pm

To the rest of us it is obvious to see the closed system of logic that has a stranglehold on his brain... as is the case with all religions and pseudoscientific belief systems.

Tom Cruise is the victim of a contagious disease and he's doing all he can to infect as many people as possible. It's all very sad. I wish L Ron was still alive so we'd have the creator of the disease to blame.
adamd164
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by adamd164 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:45 pm

I don't know, bp. I find it very difficult to feel pity for the man. He was not born into this cult, but converted in midlife.

Maybe I'm a complete bastard (no, I definitely am), but all I feel when I watch him is enmity.
bipedalhumanoid

Post by bipedalhumanoid » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:10 pm

adamd164 wrote:I don't know, bp. I find it very difficult to feel pity for the man. He was not born into this cult, but converted in midlife.

Maybe I'm a complete bastard (no, I definitely am), but all I feel when I watch him is enmity.
Anyone with a lacking faculty for critical thinking and something missing from their life can fall for a scam like scientology. Just think of it this way, had your circumstances been different and you hadn't developed a healthy scepticism... and you were approached at the right time in your life (we all have low points), you too could have been converted to scientology.
lostexpectation

Post by lostexpectation » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:35 pm

why does he think only Scientology's can help at road accidents? what his reason?
ravenflag

Post by ravenflag » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:26 pm

What a complete load of bollox but better than most of his other stuff.How can he talk for nine minutes and say nothing? hes just as bad as the wife :lol:
CitizenPaine
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by CitizenPaine » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:03 pm

Good actors have to have a number of natural atributes: Looks, a good voice, the ability to project and...the capacity to learn and deliver a script. Brains are an added bonus but by no means essential.

CitizenPaine
The moving finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

From the Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam (FitzGerald version)
adamd164
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by adamd164 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:03 pm

bipedalhumanoid wrote:
adamd164 wrote:I don't know, bp. I find it very difficult to feel pity for the man. He was not born into this cult, but converted in midlife.

Anyone with a lacking faculty for critical thinking and something missing from their life can fall for a scam like scientology. Just think of it this way, had your circumstances been different and you hadn't developed a healthy scepticism... and you were approached at the right time in your life (we all have low points), you too could have been converted to scientology.
I know, I know. It's one of those human faults, isn't it? Trying to assign motives to everything: X is good, Y is evil. My attempts to dissociate from human emotion have clearly been unsuccessful. :D
markglin

Post by markglin » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:24 am

I was laughing at first then i was just bewildered. He's completely mad.
At least he's not in power(politically).