Tom Cruise Scientology Video

General discussions
eamonnm79

Post by eamonnm79 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:09 pm

What are the darker/synister aspects of scientology?
All I heard in the video was tom cruise spouting on about helping people who need it. No bad thing, but why do you never see him doing good deeds in the same way you see Bono or Bob Geldof?
What are these scientologists tring to achieve exactly and more importantly what have they done so far which is leading them to this goal.

He seems to believe that scientologists should believe that they must take action in an accident crises. Again no bad thing once they are compitent.
adamd164
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by adamd164 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:52 pm

eamonnm79 wrote:What are the darker/synister aspects of scientology?
For a start, they reject psychiatry as a branch of medicine, and claim that their methods are superior.
lostexpectation

Post by lostexpectation » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:13 pm

adamd164 wrote:
For a start, they reject psychiatry as a branch of medicine
don't they have a point on that.
FXR

Post by FXR » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:11 pm

If I'm ever in a car accident and the first person on the scene is a wide eyed guy with an ear to ear grin I'm going to tell him "fuck off ya lunatic, I have a mobile"

I can no longer look at movies that have Tom Thumb Brain Cruise or Jon Travloting in them.
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
adamd164
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by adamd164 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:25 pm

lostexpectation wrote:
adamd164 wrote:
For a start, they reject psychiatry as a branch of medicine
don't they have a point on that.
When in doubt, Wiki! :P
mkaobrih

Post by mkaobrih » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:17 am

He wasn’t speaking too insanely (apart from the abbreviations sp etc). The music made it dramatic but he really didn’t say anything at all – round and round in circles. I wasn’t offended or repulsed in fact I had no strong feeling against him apart from bewilderment. He seems like a nice enough guy if somewhat alien. I didn’t like the way he divorced his wife one week shy of their 10th anniversary so as not to have to give her half of his earnings under California law - that’s to precise to be anything but nasty.
bipedalhumanoid

Post by bipedalhumanoid » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:20 am

mkaobrih wrote:He wasn’t speaking too insanely (apart from the abbreviations sp etc). The music made it dramatic but he really didn’t say anything at all – round and round in circles. I wasn’t offended or repulsed in fact I had no strong feeling against him apart from bewilderment. He seems like a nice enough guy if somewhat alien. I didn’t like the way he divorced his wife one week shy of their 10th anniversary so as not to have to give her half of his earnings under California law - that’s to precise to be anything but nasty.
Maybe he saw BMX Bandits.
mkaobrih

Post by mkaobrih » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:31 am

bipedalhumanoid wrote:
Maybe he saw BMX Bandits.
I thought she was good in Vietnam the mini series and Bangkok Hilton of course that was before she met Tom. BMX was not that bad.
eamonnm79

Post by eamonnm79 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:39 pm

OK rejectng phychiatry, thats fairly serious when you consider how many people get murder sentinces reduced due to psycho analysis.

I would imagine that they think that the money a lot of people spend in america trying to cure, depression or mental issues sitting on a couch is wasted on psychiatrists and would be much better spent buying the scientology books which allow you to empower yourself.

I guess they are just rubbishing the competition, as most businesses do on a daily bases.

Anything else to make me scared of them?
So far I think they just try to get people to do good deeds for people in need. Not very effectively so far.
When scientologists go and build a load of houses for the poorest of the poor in africa like Nial mellon has done I will start to take em more seriously. Maybe they already have and I dont know about it?
bipedalhumanoid

Post by bipedalhumanoid » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:01 pm

eamonnm79 wrote:OK rejectng phychiatry, thats fairly serious when you consider how many people get murder sentinces reduced due to psycho analysis.

I would imagine that they think that the money a lot of people spend in america trying to cure, depression or mental issues sitting on a couch is wasted on psychiatrists and would be much better spent buying the scientology books which allow you to empower yourself.

I guess they are just rubbishing the competition, as most businesses do on a daily bases.

Anything else to make me scared of them?
So far I think they just try to get people to do good deeds for people in need. Not very effectively so far.
When scientologists go and build a load of houses for the poorest of the poor in africa like Nial mellon has done I will start to take em more seriously. Maybe they already have and I dont know about it?
They do missionary work. You can see their missions if you got to their web site www.scientology.com. For the negative side of the story check out www.scientomogy.com. Loads of interviews and articles about scientology.