Tom Cruise Scientology Video

General discussions
celticchimp

Scientology Beliefs

Post by celticchimp » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:40 pm

Hi Eamon,

Don't know how much you know about scientology but here is a quick overview.

It starts off under the guise of self-help, empowerment and advanced education techniques (as they would laud it.). As far as I can tell the education ‘techs’ as they call them amount to little more than teaching people how to use dictionaries. They think that the only reason anyone doesn’t understand any particular concept is that they did not understand one or more words. You are initially called a ‘preclear’ and undergo ‘auditing’ using a device called an E-meter. Check out the wiki on the E-meter, it’s quite good. The auditing is part of a ‘science’ developed by ole L. Ron called Dianetics. You ‘run’ memories over in you mind while the auditor reads the needle on the E-meter. You find earlier and earlier memories associated with a particular experience (which includes practically everything, even illnesses). When you find that original memory which in many cases is actually from a past life and ‘run’ it, you will henceforth be free of that particular problem. Quel!!!. When you eventually get rid of all of these ‘blockages’ and ‘withholds’ and have your ‘ethics in’, you can attain the state of ‘clear’. Now if that just isn’t enough for you, don’t worry. You are now an ‘OT’ or ‘Operating Thetan’. The thetan concept is much like the ubiquitous soul idea. You are finally ready to being the OT levels. At this point you will be quite high on the ‘Bridge to total freedom’. Should you eventually reach the heady heights of OT 3, the great secret will finally be revealed to you. It was only kept from you until now because if you weren’t prepared and tried to ‘run’ ‘Incident II’ all by yourself, you might die of pneumonia or similar condition.

Incident II:

This took place roughly 75 million years ago. The head of the Galactic Confederacy, comprising (I think 76 planets – I can’t remember all the specifics) wanted to solve the terrible overcrowding problem (average of 250 billion folk per planet). Earth was one of the planets in the Confederacy though at the time it was called Teegeeack (or something like that) His solution was…..interesting. He called in some of the people on each planet under the pretence of ‘income tax inspections’ duping people with the aid of phycologists. The hapless folk were then injected with a mixture of alcohol and glycol. They were then transported to earth and placted around volcanoes. H-bombs were lowered into the volcanoes and detonated, killing all the folk. The ‘thetans’ or now disembodied souls were captured, brought to movies theaters and made to watch ‘implants’ for 36 days. I’ll leave it there, this comment is already way too long. I’m afraid it is exactly that insane. Bear in mind, if you go against this shite you might be labeled an SP. L. Ron recommends the complete destruction of SPs by any means available. Ah good ole L. Ron. Thankfully he’ll back soon. Also, it is COMLPETELY coincidental that the author of this steaming pile of horseshit (ole L. Ron) was a sci-fi writer.
celticchimp

If in doubt

Post by celticchimp » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:49 pm

Just in case anyone is in doubt. That last post was NOT satire.

This is actually what scientoloists believe. Those of level OT III and above anyway.

If what I have read about it is true, many people leave when the great secret is finally revealed. I guess even some of the gullible have bullshit limits.

Incidently. If you join the 'Sea Org', the most elite org in scientology. (They refer to their various enterprises as 'Orgs') you must sign a contract pledging your services for a BILLION years.......and I though my my contract at work was bad! :D
adamd164
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by adamd164 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:07 pm

I think there's an important point to be made here: we have the right to laugh at the inanity of their beliefs, Christians do not.
mkaobrih

Post by mkaobrih » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:46 pm

I didn’t here the radio announcement myself but my husband say’s the he heard that the “anonymous group” were having an anti scientology march in Dublin tomorrow.
Bobi

Post by Bobi » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:49 pm

Image[/img]
Bobi

Post by Bobi » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:21 pm

Please go. The more the merrier.
Bobi

Preach the word of the Flying Spaghetti Monster!
http://www.venganza.org/
inedifix

Post by inedifix » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:34 am

lostexpectation wrote:why does he think only Scientology's can help at road accidents? what his reason?
I reckon he recorded a second film after the scientology one, called: "why paramedics are important", but he sort of muddled up his lines. There's probably a whole tranche of confused trainee paramedics out there sitting through a training video with Tom Cruise talking about Thetan levels or something.

J
psillery

Post by psillery » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:20 pm

What the hell is he talking about?!

Freak!
"All thinking men are atheists."
Ernest Hemingway
RobbieB

Post by RobbieB » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:27 am

lostexpectation wrote:why does he think only Scientology's can help at road accidents? what his reason?
It harks back to the 'allowing no noises' when Katie Holmes' baby was born.

According to their 'bible', 'Dianetics', any noise, especially conversation, uttered around an unconcious person, like say, someone under anaesthetic, or a child about to be born, leaves 'negative engrams' on their consciousness. I've read it (during a very low ebb in my life, by the way, and I still couldnt buy into it...lol) and it seems to be a case of 'looking to blame something else for their problems', ie: "I've received so many negative imprints from surgeons etc. talking during surgery on me, in my life, and that explains why I'm so f**ked up today!" kinda nonsense.
So basically, emergency life saving surgery should be carried out in compltete silence.

Learn to say 'pass the scalpel' in sign language, people!

It wasn't the insanest thing in the book, either.
egbrennan

Post by egbrennan » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:55 pm

Recently in the pub the conversation came around to slagging off Tom Cruise, the video, and Scientology in general. I was one of two atheists present, the others being mass-attenders (especially when the neighbours are looking) and not-sure believers.

When someone exclaimed "how could anybody believe that shit" (volcanoes, aliens etc etc) I pointed out that the same things were said when Jesus Christ claimed to be the son of god but over time it gradually got accepted to be true by enough people and was now standard belief for millions.

The only difference between Christianity and Scientology is that there are more Christians than Scientologists and it has been around for longer.

If you tried to invent the Christian religion now (virgin-birth, angels, prohpesies, rising from the dead etc etc), you would be laughed at on YouTube as much as Scientology.
Ed.