Calling Darwins Rothweillers

General discussions
FXR

Calling Darwins Rothweillers

Post by FXR » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:00 pm

This is a thread started last night (19 Feb) on politics.ie so if anyone feels like jousting with Herr Ratzingers apologists about his rumoured visit feel free to join in....
http://www.politics.ie/viewtopic.php?p=1045128#1045128
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
Neesik

Re: Calling Darwins Rothweillers

Post by Neesik » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:20 pm

FXR wrote:This is a thread started last night (19 Feb) on politics.ie so if anyone feels like jousting with Herr Ratzingers apologists about his rumoured visit feel free to join in....
http://www.politics.ie/viewtopic.php?p=1045128#1045128
Boy, boy! Some some seriously deluded folk posting on there, I was going to ask if he'll be in his bulletproof Popemobile.
And why he doesn't trust God to look out for him.
But couldn't be arsed registering.
Abstinence makes the Church grow fondlers.
munsterdevil

Pope

Post by munsterdevil » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:28 am

Fact of the matter is he is the head of state of a foreign country so he has to be given some welcome.

Whilst I personally coudn't care less whether he visited or not if people want to welcome him leave them off, it's their life.

Likewise if people want to protest (Free Presbyterians for example) leave them off as well, as long as it's peaceful.

If people started protesting violently at a Richard Dawkins visit we would be the first to condemn it.

Live and let live...
adamd164
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by adamd164 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:42 pm

Well it's simply the case that he cannot (and should not) be prevented from coming to the country. If people wish to protest, they are entitled to do so on their own grounds.

Personally, if I was to protest it would be solely because the catholic church is a major facilitator of child indoctrination, and so it would be the same issue of protest as I would carry out against the leader of any major religious sect.
FXR

Re: Pope

Post by FXR » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:10 pm

munsterdevil wrote:Fact of the matter is he is the head of state of a foreign country so he has to be given some welcome.

Whilst I personally coudn't care less whether he visited or not if people want to welcome him leave them off, it's their life.

Likewise if people want to protest (Free Presbyterians for example) leave them off as well, as long as it's peaceful.

If people started protesting violently at a Richard Dawkins visit we would be the first to condemn it.

Live and let live...
Who said anything about protesting violently? Live and let live only works when it’s reciprocal. Ignoring the CCL is what ensures you can't get away from its all pervading influence. You either opposed it actively or it runs you over. That is how it has thrived over rationale and even native belief systems because people have a live and let live attitude.
Last edited by FXR on Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
munsterdevil

Post by munsterdevil » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:09 pm

FXR said:
Ignoring the CCL is what ensures you can't get away from its all pervading influence
FXR speak for yourself! I couldn't carlless what the CC does, says or tell people what to do!

I never take any notice of what they say or do and if any atheist, agnostic etc. has even a shred of common sense they won't take any notice either.

When the cc see people protesting and hear people giving out about them they know people are listening to their so called moral way of life.

Seriously man your obsession with the cc is growing by the day!

Oh and I nearly forgot

LIVE AND LET LIVE
bipedalhumanoid

Re: Pope

Post by bipedalhumanoid » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:13 pm

munsterdevil wrote:Fact of the matter is he is the head of state of a foreign country so he has to be given some welcome.
I found out recently that the Australian ambassador to Ireland has two posts. She is also the ambassador to the vatican. I'm wondering why it is they chose the ambassador to Ireland to be ambassador to the holy see rather than say... the ambassador to Italy. Perhaps this is viewed as a state within a state!
munsterdevil

Post by munsterdevil » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:25 pm

Bipedalhumanoid Wrote
I found out recently that the Australian ambassador to Ireland has two posts. She is also the ambassador to the vatican. I'm wondering why it is they chose the ambassador to Ireland to be ambassador to the holy see rather than say... the ambassador to Italy. Perhaps this is viewed as a state within a state!
Or else the ambassador to Ireland pissed off the Australian Prime Minister so much, that he gave him the job as ambassador to the country with the worst weather in the world, and also to a country that is supposed to be god's embassy on Earth.

In a way it's like being ambassador to neverneverland!!!
FXR

Post by FXR » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:32 pm

munsterdevil wrote:FXR said:
Ignoring the CCL is what ensures you can't get away from its all pervading influence
FXR speak for yourself! I couldn't carlless what the CC does, says or tell people what to do!

I never take any notice of what they say or do and if any atheist, agnostic etc. has even a shred of common sense they won't take any notice either.

When the cc see people protesting and hear people giving out about them they know people are listening to their so called moral way of life.

Seriously man your obsession with the cc is growing by the day!

Oh and I nearly forgot

LIVE AND LET LIVE
So...Citzen Paine, Micfur and Bipedal should stop writing letters to the newpapers and stop making videos for youtube. Everyone in the Humanist Association of Ireland should resign. Irish Knight should stop taking part in debates.....and Catherder should'nt bother with a website. Lostexpectation should stop digging up thread starters and those Educate Toghether people should just pack their bags.
Clerical Whispers should stop reporting on the CCL and that Dawkins maniac should keep his opinions to himself. Same goes for Mr. Hitchens, Amnesty International and all the other pesky nosey parkers who poke their noses into the business of poor ol' hypocrites who are only doin' what they're good at.

The should all just LIVE AND LET LIVE!
munsterdevil

Post by munsterdevil » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:35 pm

Well that has to be one of the most stupid arguments I have ever heard in my whole life and I have heard a lot of them.

From me just saying that people should ignore the cc and live their own lives (which is what I do because the cc is a joke), you decide to go on an idiotic and exaggerated rant about that ranged from writing letters to newspapers to amnesty international. A rant that is in my opinion a way of glossing over your argument.

Oh and your not supposed to quote a whole persons post either, so please try to be more careful this time, by obeying the rules or I shall have to campaign and demonstrate against you at every oppurtunity.