Irish Catholics want to know you...

General discussions
Superstitious Fool

Post by Superstitious Fool » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:43 pm

Oh God please don't. There are enough of you in there teasing the gullible. I promise I will get back to you on that. I just don't have time at the moment.
Michael G
FXR

Post by FXR » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:49 pm

Superstitious Fool wrote:Oh God please don't. There are enough of you in there teasing the gullible. I promise I will get back to you on that. I just don't have time at the moment.
Ah tell ya Mick I think you're whole site was a devious plot to start your own asylum. It must be some scam with government grants or something.
:lol: :lol:

The earth is six thousand years old and never moves an inch..... :roll:
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
Superstitious Fool

Post by Superstitious Fool » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:59 pm

FXR wrote:Ah tell ya Mick I think you're whole site was a devious plot to start your own asylum. It must be some scam with government grants or something.
Yes but with the cutbacks now we may have to put them back on the streets.
Michael G
Alexis

Post by Alexis » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:21 am

inedifix wrote: Or would you rather I open a new thread in IrishCatholics.ie to discuss the issue? :wink:
Do atheists actually go onto Catholic forums? :roll:
inedifix

Post by inedifix » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:40 am

Superstitious Fool wrote:Oh God please don't. There are enough of you in there teasing the gullible. I promise I will get back to you on that. I just don't have time at the moment.
Michael,

We need to talk. I hope you got my pm.

I
“What we call chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized. What we call random is just patterns we can't decipher. What we can't understand we call nonsense. There is no free will. There are no variables. There is only the inevitable.” Chuck Palahniuk
nozzferrahhtoo
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by nozzferrahhtoo » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:07 am

I have noted there has been a second round of complete deletions of anyone on the board that does not agree with the majority. History has seen this ilk before.

I do not know how they expect to maintain the board. People will keep signing up and people will keep disagreeing. They do themselves no favours. I for one have over 20 email addresses I can sign up from and they have only deleted me based on one.

I have also registered the forum http://irishcatholic.proboards.com

Maybe some self masturbatory minds will eventually move from http://irishcatholics.proboards.com
inedifix

Post by inedifix » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:41 am

Hi Nozzferrahhtoo,

Yes, with no warning, explanation, or even any notification, my ID, and that of another atheist poster, have been deleted. So too have every single post either of us has ever made (162 of my own) and several entire threads we had started, which were the most heavily contributed to on the site.

Neither of us had broken forum rules.

Almost the instant we were deleted, the sites most irritating and irrational member Saint Stephen posted this.

Someone new has registered there and started this thread, which is interesting, but I guess it's only a matter of time before the mod deletes this one too.

I have pm'ed Michael G (aka) Superstitious Fool here on Atheist.ie this morning, but so far the message has not left my outbox. As he used to be IrishCatholic's mod, I expect he has some idea what's going on.

I know some of the members of this site will wonder why I was wasting my time on a Catholic site. For what it's worth, there are two reasons:

1. Having slipped through the net when they blanket banned everyone last time, I felt compelled to speak up for freedom of speech and against censorship.

2. I subsequently failed to resist the temptation of taking two completely irrational fundamentalists to task: creationist, geocentrists. Yes, they believe the earth is 6,000 years old, and is the fixed unmoving center of the whole universe. So I waded in.

I foolishly invested many hours of my time and made 162 posts trying to counter their nonsense. To see that completely eradicated overnight leaves me pretty damn pissed off.

I
“What we call chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized. What we call random is just patterns we can't decipher. What we can't understand we call nonsense. There is no free will. There are no variables. There is only the inevitable.” Chuck Palahniuk
FXR

Post by FXR » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:17 pm

Superstitious Fool wrote:
FXR wrote:Ah tell ya Mick I think you're whole site was a devious plot to start your own asylum. It must be some scam with government grants or something.
Yes but with the cutbacks now we may have to put them back on the streets.
There's a place near where I live where the same type of people gather on a Sunday. You can drop yours off and no one will even notice them.

They have that bell thing where soon as they start ringing it they all move towards the building like the zombies in the Michael Jackson Thriller viedo....... :lol:
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
FXR

Post by FXR » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:30 pm

While over at Catholics(censorshipRus) at proboards the banning has started another debate and Harris (is that anyone here) and Hazelireland are telling them just how foolish they look.....

http://irishcatholics.proboards.com/ind ... thread=269
nozzferrahhtoo
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by nozzferrahhtoo » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:30 pm

Wow. Irishcatholics may be a den of over moderation and lack of tolerance... but I have to give some credit where credit is due....

The world is not full of nutjobs like SaintStephen over there. I just joined christianteenforums.com and dove straight into the debate forum there making posts on abortion, homosexuality, assisted suicide, stem cell research and secularism in law.

Not only have the responses been (mostly) polite and well written so far but the moderator of the debate forum part of the site just mailed me this:

Hi Nozzferrahhtoo,

I moderate the Debates forum around here, and I just want to say how much I value your posts. All are well-thought through, logical and even when you clearly disagree with someone else, you display true patience.

Well done, and keep it up!

ZME