Claire Tully and the Crawthumpers

General discussions
FXR

Claire Tully and the Crawthumpers

Post by FXR » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:42 pm

Now a third breast cancer charity turns down model Claire’s fund-raising offer

Speaking on RTE radio this morning, Claire revealed: “The National Breast Cancer Research Institute had agreed to go through with supporting me and then last night I got the call that they had decided not to go ahead with it”.

She explained: “The first charity that was approached was the Marie Keating Foundation. The producers of the show contacted me and asked me what charity I’d like to do it for. They were my first choice. They came back and declined the offer immediately.”
http://www.herald.ie/national-news/now- ... 35595.html

Crawthumpers in the woodwork.

600 points in her leaving, first class honours degree from Trinity but if you have a Dublin accent and take your top of you're too dirty for the po faced pious shits who populate organisations on this island.
Claire Tully on Bebo
http://skin.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=5663777159

This is the age old war on sex, dirty sex. You might think Ireland is losing it's religion but it's not. How ignorant is it to refuse funds for cancer research based on the fact someone poses topless. On the other hand contributions from companies in the arms trade would proably be welcomed the same way Blair was welcomed into the CCL.

The Marie Keating Foundation
By Phone: (01) 628 3726
By Email: info@mariekeating.ie
By Fax: (01) 628 3759
By Post: The Marie Keating Foundation
Unit 9 Millbank Business Park
Lucan
Co. Dublin

The National Breast Cancer Research Institute
Clinical Science Institute, University College Hospital, Galway
info@nbcri.ie or call 353+91+526677
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
bipedalhumanoid

Post by bipedalhumanoid » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:03 pm

I can understand why some women who have or had breast cancer might find this promotion offensive. What I can't understand is why those women find it more offensive than breast cancer itself.
FXR

Post by FXR » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:16 pm

bipedalhumanoid wrote:I can understand why some women who have or had breast cancer might find this promotion offensive. What I can't understand is why those women find it more offensive than breast cancer itself.
I don't know how anyone would come to that conclusion. I'd have thought it would be better to encourage women not to be ashamed of their breasts. Besides I think this is just Catholic crawthumper prudery.

I'm going to write to them and ring them on Monday.
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
IrishKnight

Post by IrishKnight » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:58 pm

This really takes the biscuit, "We want money, but not from you"
FXR

Post by FXR » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:03 pm

IrishKnight wrote:This really takes the biscuit, "We want money, but not from you"
I think it would be useful to call and email the organisations involved and let them know how dumb they look.
IrishKnight

Post by IrishKnight » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:27 pm

Couldn't agree more, once I'm finished writing letters for the L&H I'll start with letters for this!
FXR

Post by FXR » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:56 pm

IrishKnight wrote:Couldn't agree more, once I'm finished writing letters for the L&H I'll start with letters for this!
Whats the L&H.

Im over on IC.ie wreckin the head of the Willy fool. I've managed to make him vomit. It appears I've acquired a talent for sending cyber borne illness.

http://irishcatholics.proboards56.com/i ... 149&page=7
FXR

Post by FXR » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:05 pm

E mail ray darcy...

ray@todayfm.com
IrishKnight

Post by IrishKnight » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:17 pm

The Literary and Historical Society, UCD's debating union.
FXR

Post by FXR » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:19 pm

IrishKnight wrote:The Literary and Historical Society, UCD's debating union.
Eh.....of course I knew that...I was just testing ya :wink: