Irish Catholic forum desends into madness

General discussions
Ygern
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Ygern » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:42 pm

FXR wrote:
I invited the french guy but.........

Well, they will keep basting themselves in special Catholic-flavoured sauce. Tastes like sweet 'n sour chicken.

published only ONE of my 101 letters on many subjects
Cruel and unusual punishment. That editor is a hero.

censorship eliminated

*Chokes on a chicken bone*
inedifix

Post by inedifix » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:20 am

Ygern wrote:Inedifix, my kudos. But I don't know why you bother. It ought to be Catholics defending evolution in that thread (that is, if they care to retain a shred of integrity).

That's what's getting me too. But I strongly suspect that more moderate ones (Redmond excluded) are keeping quite in the hopes that I'll just go away. That way they won't have to go through the humiliation of actually banning me for doing nothing more than not believing in god.

Part of me wants to hang around purely on principle, but the other half is going: "what the fuck are you doing wasting your time on this bunch of losers for?" It's really not much fun doing battle with a flock of confused wet sheep and one rabid dog. Where's Michael G? At least he could debate.

:roll:

I
“What we call chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized. What we call random is just patterns we can't decipher. What we can't understand we call nonsense. There is no free will. There are no variables. There is only the inevitable.” Chuck Palahniuk
lostexpectation

Post by lostexpectation » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:37 pm

why not invite some of those guys over here
test
FXR

Post by FXR » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:25 pm

Austringer wrote:I hope someone corrected your letter before it got published because if they published it exactly as you've posted it your'e going to look like a six year old.
Otherwise it's just a paranoid rant, badly argued, badly written and completely confused.

septic tank wrote:Austringer, Will you be kind enough to give us definition of your criticisms? The difficulty with abrupt and brief accusations is that they give us nothing to respond to other than questioning your motivations for making another person's point of view appear valueless while setting yourself up as judge and jury. Please go on to explain your accusations in detail if you will.

redmond wrote:I agree saintstephen. I suspect what he meant was that whereas he disagreed with my opinion, the letter itself was well thought out, brilliantly argued, beautifully written and as clear as a bell. Its just his way of putting it.

If I just get in there once I'm going to fry this dipsticks brain.
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
inedifix

Post by inedifix » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:26 am

lostexpectation wrote:why not invite some of those guys over here

I keep suggesting they come over here but it seems there are no takers as yet. I guess sheep have no taste for partying with wolves. :wink:

I
“What we call chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized. What we call random is just patterns we can't decipher. What we can't understand we call nonsense. There is no free will. There are no variables. There is only the inevitable.” Chuck Palahniuk
inedifix

Post by inedifix » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:53 am

Latest from La-La Land:

Redmond has said I'm: "DEAD mentally" and got away with it, we all got warned about being Christian!

Guillaume has said I'm, "Pathetic", adding: "I thought this Forum got rid of our very very separated brothers.... apparently not."

And Saint Stephen has responded: "I believe that the atheist has not been removed because he is abiding by the rules of the forum. Until he makes a mistake in his aggressiveness we all will contend with his presence here..."

Such fun...

I
munsterdevil

Post by munsterdevil » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:17 am

And Saint Stephen has responded: "I believe that the atheist has not been removed because he is abiding by the rules of the forum. Until he makes a mistake in his aggressiveness we all will contend with his presence here..."

Consider yourself lucky Inedifix, if it was a fewq centuries ago you'd be burnt at the stake!!!

But seriously keep up the good work, it's better than any sitcom :lol:
kitsune9

Post by kitsune9 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:09 pm

yeah, kudos man. i've been following your 'conversations' with that fruit loop and i admire your patience. to think that all these years i've been overestimating them...
DollarLama
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by DollarLama » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:35 pm

God, I don't think this is funny at all - I think Redmond's view of the world is a deeply disturbed one. Am I the only one to have noticed a strange symbiosis between Catholic reactionaries like Redmond and anti-globalisation conspiracy theorists? This lot scare the shit out of me.
FXR

Post by FXR » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:32 pm

inedifix wrote: Latest from La-La Land:

Redmond has said I'm: "DEAD mentally" and got away with it, we all got warned about being Christian!

Guillaume has said I'm, "Pathetic", adding: "I thought this Forum got rid of our very very separated brothers.... apparently not."

Such fun...I

Redmond is a whack job but what's more telling is the fact the rest of them meekely entertain the idea that the Earth is six thousand years old without raising a peep. Guillame the French guy is a late conver doing the "none so pure as a reformed hoor" routine. The Stephen guy is schizo logging on as different people every time he gets jammed in a corner. Noelfitz never has a definite opinion about anything and never makes a point that he's prepared to defend.

It's like the web version of One Flew The Cukoos Nest.

The new moderator is even doing nurse Ratched.

But I have to admire your patience. You’re taking Redmound apart bit by bit. The rest of them are like the patients cowering against the wall waiting for the outcome of a chat between the doctor and the chief inmate.
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.