Irish Catholic forum desends into madness

General discussions
inedifix

Post by inedifix » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:51 am

Superstitious Fool wrote:The incarnation, birth, life, passion, death and resurrection of Christ...

.... varuccas, war, cancer, Fred Phelps, heroin, piles and Santa's secret Neo-Nazi elves...

I
“What we call chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized. What we call random is just patterns we can't decipher. What we can't understand we call nonsense. There is no free will. There are no variables. There is only the inevitable.” Chuck Palahniuk
bipedalhumanoid

Post by bipedalhumanoid » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:48 am

inedifix wrote:.... Santa's secret Neo-Nazi elves...

I

I know someone whose going to be disappointed on Christmas day!
inedifix

Post by inedifix » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:22 am

bipedalhumanoid wrote:
inedifix wrote:.... Santa's secret Neo-Nazi elves...

I

I know someone whose going to be disappointed on Christmas day!

Ah well, you know... sometimes nasty is better than nice! :wink:

I
“What we call chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized. What we call random is just patterns we can't decipher. What we can't understand we call nonsense. There is no free will. There are no variables. There is only the inevitable.” Chuck Palahniuk
nozzferrahhtoo
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by nozzferrahhtoo » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:16 pm

I see SaintStephen came back as Gabriel, having first been the royaloffthewall guy from before. Gabriel is now banned again.

MG is now suggesting another culling of the atheist, possibly with a full deletion of the many hard worked on posts again like before.
Superstitious Fool

Re:

Post by Superstitious Fool » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:40 pm

nozzferrahhtoo wrote:MG is now suggesting another culling of the atheist, possibly with a full deletion of the many hard worked on posts again like before.

No I'm not. I think it's not a good idea. I'm just polling the members. I note some of you have voted already.
Michael G
nozzferrahhtoo
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: Irish Catholic forum desends into madness

Post by nozzferrahhtoo » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:20 pm

So comically MG has now handed over control of his board to the one user who, whenever anyone disagrees with him, repeats the same line over and over again "I think this person should be banned from the board".

A wonderful move which should ensure the destruction of the board as this new administrator has called for the banning of not just atheists but theists who have the audacity to disagree with him in any way. The same user was embroiled not so long ago in a thread where users of the forum were stamping their feet and threatening each other with legal action.

Of course as soon as I sent a message to the admins espousing exactly what I just said above it seems I was instantly and without word or warning banned. I now no longer have an account on their forum within 24 hours of this banning obsessed moderator being given the reigns.

The user will likely not be happy until everyone that is not him is banned, a position that is evidenced by the fact that the vast majority of the threads on the board these days are said user making a post, replying to it himself instantly, then again a day later, then again a few days after that. His immense and unbridled joy at replying and talking with himself will not dwindle as he removes people from the board.

Of course, coupled with all this SaintStephen who was banned and came back as Gabriel and was banned again, is now back on the board one more time spewing insane nonsense under the name Michael. One wonders how many saints and angels he has left to go through as user names.
Regens Küchl

Post by Regens Küchl » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:00 am

@ eccles I got a mail yesterday :D I got finally approved to the
http://irishcatholics.proboards.com/index.cgi
I am in :P I am in :twisted: I am in :idea:

Since you registered days before me I assume you also got approved since then, through a second mail from the forum :wink:

So since you were Martyred and ciber-excommunicated at
http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.p ... ght=eccles
what say we give them Irish catholics a try :?:

Please (catholic) answer me what you think about that :)

And No I do not want to troll or get a Martyrdom there, but just find an interesting talk :idea:
eccles
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by eccles » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:16 am

Regens Küchl wrote:@ eccles I got a mail yesterday :D I got finally approved to the
http://irishcatholics.proboards.com/index.cgi
I am in :P I am in :twisted: I am in :idea:

Since you registered days before me I assume you also got approved since then, through a second mail from the forum :wink:

So since you were Martyred and ciber-excommunicated at
http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.p ... ght=eccles
what say we give them Irish catholics a try :?:

Please (catholic) answer me what you think about that :)

And No I do not want to troll or get a Martyrdom there, but just find an interesting talk :idea:

Yes, I have been having a peep at them. I have been busy following stories about Sodomy in the CCL in Australia. Have a look at my last post:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2973&p=29868#p29868

And read those articles. They will flatten your Guiness. You will need a few pints after reading that stuff.
em hotep

Robert Tobin Minister, First Church of Atheism (Philidelphia)
"May Your God Go WIth You"
Superstitious Fool

Post by Superstitious Fool » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:35 pm

Welcome to the Irish Catholics' Forum, lads. I have already replied there to an interesting post from Eccles. But you should be aware that I am no longer the boss over there; Hibernicus, who I think may be less indulgent, will take over next week. I still think the atheists' posts are valuable because I think intelligent conversations are useful, so I hope they will continue. But I don't think the new management will tolerate rhetorical flourishes from you spawn of Satan; I would advise you to keep it downbeat.
Michael G
Superstitious Fool

Re:

Post by Superstitious Fool » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:17 pm

inedifix wrote:So you don't need to disbelieve in anything Michael. All that is required of you is to accept the natural world around you for what it is, and to treat what you don't or cannot know... as what you don't or cannot know.I

My apologies; I should have done you the courtesy of answering long before now. I haven't been keeping up with this forum. (I was just occupied with other things; in spite of being a Catholic, I have not been in prison for molesting children.)

I know only the things that I have seen, touched and tasted myself. I believe that there are lions and hyenas in Africa although I have never seen them. I take many other things on faith, such as medicine, physics and chemistry. I understand little or nothing about them but it seems that their practitioners know what they are doing because within my own direct experience, which is limited, they seem to have made things happen. I believe that my body consists of tiny invisible cells and that I have a unique DNA (if that is the correct term) because I have heard these experts say it, but I have seen no direct evidence.

I believe in God and in the Catholic Church because (as I have said before) they seems to me more likely than not to be true, and because other people who believe and have believed in them seem credible to me. I believe also – to go back to where I started, talking about direct experience – because of some moments in my own times of contemplative prayer.
Michael G