Irish Catholic forum desends into madness

General discussions
Beebub
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member
Posts: 1014
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: Irish Catholic forum desends into madness

Post by Beebub » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:41 pm

eccles wrote:If there is one book I would ban, that is the Bible.


Then there's not much to distinguish you from the the people you complain about.
eccles
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:17 am
Location: Queensland, Australia

Re: Irish Catholic forum desends into madness

Post by eccles » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:01 am

Have a look at:
http://irishcatholics.proboards.com/ind ... 494&page=3

It seems some members are starting to accept me and my right to my opinions. I have added a couple of posts there about me.
em hotep

Image

Robert Tobin Minister, First Church of Atheism (Philidelphia)
"May Your God Go WIth You"
HylandPaddy
Posts: 220
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:17 pm
Location: Co. Donegal

Re: Irish Catholic forum desends into madness

Post by HylandPaddy » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:08 am

Why are you wasting your time trolling?

Do you want to engage these people or do you just land in and tell them how it's all a lie and they should give it up? Because that approach is very similar to the evangelical fundies that come here to tell the sinners to repent.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
-Carl Sagan
eccles
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:17 am
Location: Queensland, Australia

Re: Irish Catholic forum desends into madness

Post by eccles » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:12 am

HylandPaddy wrote:Why are you wasting your time trolling?

Do you want to engage these people or do you just land in and tell them how it's all a lie and they should give it up? Because that approach is very similar to the evangelical fundies that come here to tell the sinners to repent.


That's my business, not yours.
em hotep

Image

Robert Tobin Minister, First Church of Atheism (Philidelphia)
"May Your God Go WIth You"
HylandPaddy
Posts: 220
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:17 pm
Location: Co. Donegal

Re: Irish Catholic forum desends into madness

Post by HylandPaddy » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:11 pm

eccles wrote:That's my business, not yours.

O.K. It's just because you posted on a disscussion forum I thought you'd wanna...you know, discuss.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
-Carl Sagan
munsterdevil
Posts: 737
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:23 pm

Re: Irish Catholic forum desends into madness

Post by munsterdevil » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:08 am

I agree with Hylandpaddy, Beebub and Hemingway on the futility of your 'discussions', but as you say it is your own business.
However, it does becomes everyone elses business when you start boasting about your exploits over here on Atheist Ireland, and trust me Eccles no one cares what you are getting up to on Christian sites, so do us a favour and stop wasting thread space.
Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying. Arthur C. Clarke
eccles
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:17 am
Location: Queensland, Australia

Re: Irish Catholic forum desends into madness

Post by eccles » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:47 am

munsterdevil wrote:I agree with Hylandpaddy, Beebub and Hemingway on the futility of your 'discussions', but as you say it is your own business.
However, it does becomes everyone elses business when you start boasting about your exploits over here on Atheist Ireland, and trust me Eccles no one cares what you are getting up to on Christian sites, so do us a favour and stop wasting thread space.


All very well, but does that not apply to members of the Irish Catholic Forums coming over here wasting thread space.
em hotep

Image

Robert Tobin Minister, First Church of Atheism (Philidelphia)
"May Your God Go WIth You"
munsterdevil
Posts: 737
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:23 pm

Re: Irish Catholic forum desends into madness

Post by munsterdevil » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:35 am

eccles wrote:All very well, but does that not apply to members of the Irish Catholic Forums coming over here wasting thread space.

Good, so you admit that you are wasting thread space.
Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying. Arthur C. Clarke
eccles
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:17 am
Location: Queensland, Australia

Re: Irish Catholic forum desends into madness

Post by eccles » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:06 am

munsterdevil wrote:
eccles wrote:All very well, but does that not apply to members of the Irish Catholic Forums coming over here wasting thread space.

Good, so you admit that you are wasting thread space.



No, and I will no longer waste my time replying to your insults. I thought this Forum was one for friendly Atheists to discuss Atheism or the stupidity of Religion.
em hotep

Image

Robert Tobin Minister, First Church of Atheism (Philidelphia)
"May Your God Go WIth You"
munsterdevil
Posts: 737
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:23 pm

Re: Irish Catholic forum desends into madness

Post by munsterdevil » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:48 am

eccles wrote:No, and I will no longer waste my time replying to your insults. I thought this Forum was one for friendly Atheists to discuss Atheism or the stupidity of Religion.

Look mate, you are already wasting your time copying and pasting your exploits from Christian forums, and to say this site is for talking of "the stupidity of religion" is a bit narrow minded. Anyway my main point is that you are wasting your time on Christian sites, and equally here reporting on it, for as you can see not many are interested in it.

Didn't mean to insult, just telling you the facts.
Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying. Arthur C. Clarke
Post Reply