Irish Catholic forum desends into madness

General discussions
FXR

Post by FXR » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:28 pm

Madder and madder. The Vatican, sucking billions in tax from people in countries far and wide is giving advice on how to stay out of debt.....(start a religion)

http://irishcatholics.proboards56.com/i ... thread=256

The following is a statement from the Vatican which predicts financial ruin for any nation which exceeds it's ability to repay it's debt, which results in financial ruin. Many European Nations including Ireland are now on the brink of disaster created by overwhelming indebtedness. All common financial markets are falling into bankruptcy with no means of refinance. It is my contention that the current war on terrorism is the primary fault for the crisis in finance worldwide as billions of dollars are spent on war-related activities including the killing of innocent lives also those that are not innocent are being killed at at an alarming rate, removing God from the war effort and diminishing the right to life of any who are either directly or indirectly identified as terrorist.

This willful act of destruction creates indebtedness not only financially but also morally as man takes man's life into his own hands for destruction and death bringing judgment upon nations and leaders of nations in ways they would not imagine.

The war must stop immediately to prevent any further indebtedness and peoples must learn to discuss their differences without the use of arms and weaponry.
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
psillery

Post by psillery » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:22 am

FXR..... I'm after laughing me bollox off at your chief inmate and and doctor analogy. Brilliant.

I signed up as a member about two weeks ago now to have a crack at Redmond and I still have not had my account activated by an administrator. I must be on their heathen radar or something......

Indefix is doing a great job but I suspect he is losing patience having to deal with this Redmond dude.

Saintstephen strikes me as an odd individual. He seems to be very fragile and quotes scripture when things start to get a bit too much for him. A bit of a fragile persona. You feel if he discovered there was no god he would either top himself or spend the rest of his days in an institution.

Redmond is just out there. Strikes me as having the "cult leader" mentality. Only one catholic over there has stood up to him so far, a guy called monkeyman. Redmond swiftly struck him down with devinely inspired mouthful of bollox-ology.

The rest of them are all crouched down behind the holy water font, peeping out around the pedistal hoping the angel gaberial will swoosh down and make things all better.

I'm actually loving it over there. I've logged in everyday for the last week or so. The entertainmenty value is right up there with Eurovision. We all just sit back and laugh!
"All thinking men are atheists."
Ernest Hemingway
nozzferrahhtoo
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by nozzferrahhtoo » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:39 am

Saintstephen is the reincarnation of another banned member called royalosiodhachain.

royalosiodhachain espoused such beleifs as the scientists who have produced the new injection against cervical cancer (the one that caused recent war in scotland) was created with the express intention of destroying the wombs and ovaries of young teen girls.

Someone with that kind of mentality needs to be dismissed. As hitchens would say he is no good for anything more than standing on street corners decrying those around him and selling pencils from a cup.
FXR

Post by FXR » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:19 pm

Bloody hell! I've just realised this might be a vision of the future. IC is like a kind of cyberspace zoo where rational people in the future go to visit the irrational superstitious specimens that no longer survive in the wild.

RTE News 2089: David Attenborough great grandson of the nauturalist said today that if the world does not act soon the last surving troop of Catholics still living wild on the Aran islands may become extinct within in the next decade...

I have a dream................
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
FXR

Post by FXR » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:24 pm

psillery wrote:FXR..... I'm after laughing me bollox off at your chief inmate and and doctor analogy. Brilliant.

I signed up as a member about two weeks ago now to have a crack at Redmond and I still have not had my account activated by an administrator. I must be on their heathen radar or something......

I'm actually loving it over there. I've logged in everyday for the last week or so. The entertainmenty value is right up there with Eurovision. We all just sit back and laugh!

Every time I log on it's like tuning in for the next episode. I've signed up twice for new accounts but when I get an email and log on there is nowhere to input the validation key. Then I get a message telling me the a/c is waiting for moderator approval.

The Monkeyman guy is an amature. He tries to sound like he's not a raving catholic and ends up sounding like a camp follower. He's the guy with the gunner eye and the hunchback who opens the big front door when you visit the bishops palace.
inedifix

Post by inedifix » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:26 pm

I'm dropping out of Irish Catholics for a bit, pressures of work etc... but you may like to check out a new poster in there called Stenbolt. He has a particular brand of rabid fervour most of us here would recognise.

http://irishcatholics.proboards56.com/i ... =catholics

I
“What we call chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized. What we call random is just patterns we can't decipher. What we can't understand we call nonsense. There is no free will. There are no variables. There is only the inevitable.” Chuck Palahniuk
andrew

Post by andrew » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:18 pm

Hi Inedifix,

Just had a read of the whole thread. You make some very well phrased arguments and have an admirable amount of patience. However, surely yer man Redmond is a troll? Having read most of his posts he seems to be making it up as he goes along like the stenvolt characterr ( I'm guessing he's someone from this forum?). I can only presume they are trying to ruin Michael's forum by keeping normal catholics away. I thought redmond claiming to be a mink farmer gave it away...what do you reckon, he's not being serious is he?

Andrew
Emm....would anyone like to see my monkey impression?
inedifix

Post by inedifix » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:01 am

andrew wrote:I can only presume they are trying to ruin Michael's forum by keeping normal catholics away. I thought redmond claiming to be a mink farmer gave it away...what do you reckon, he's not being serious is he?

Andrew

I think he's for real. I think Redmond and SaintStephen are true fundies who thought they'd stumbled across the perfect place for them. I think they misinterpreted 'traditional and conservative' to mean something more fundamental than Michael G did.

I think they're probably too persistent to be trolls (they're the biggest posters on the site), and their thinking smacks of "true-believerism". The Mink thing could be true, or rooted in truth, too. There are more of them in Ireland than you'd think.

Statistics & licensing

Fur farming is legal in the Republic of Ireland, where there are currently 6 mink farms and at least 2 farms with fox. There are about 140,000 mink in total and 1,700 silver and Arctic fox. Shockingly, fox farms do not have to be licensed and this is why the number of fox farms is uncertain. Mink farms are required to be licensed by the Dept. of Agriculture & Food. The licence conditions are aimed at protecting the environment from escaped mink rather than protecting the welfare of the farmed mink themselves. The Dept. does carry out welfare checks on fur farms from time to time.

Above from ISPCA website.

[url=http://www.laois-nationalist.ie/news/story/?trs=cwqlqlauau&cat=news]http://www.laois-nationalist.ie/news/story/?trs=cwqlqlauau&cat=news
[/url]

I
“What we call chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized. What we call random is just patterns we can't decipher. What we can't understand we call nonsense. There is no free will. There are no variables. There is only the inevitable.” Chuck Palahniuk
psillery

Post by psillery » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:11 pm

I just got approved for membership over there and am posting. Tried to entice Redomond to bite but he seems to have no interest in me.
"All thinking men are atheists."
Ernest Hemingway
munsterdevil

Post by munsterdevil » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:48 am

Just out of curiosity I looked up this thread again, and guess what? They're after deleting all of Inedifix's comments!

There's someone over there now called 'HazelIreland' who seems to be Remond's biggest opponent, she takes the stance that evolution and catholicism are compatible.
Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying. Arthur C. Clarke