Our First meeting, where we can trash out the details.

General discussions

Yes I will be there
77%
Would love to but busy that day
No votes
Would love to but I'm outside Dublin
15%
Not interested but I just love voting in polls
8%

Total votes : 13

Postby ctr » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:37 pm

I am suggesting it is in Dublin.

I am picking a date or else we will never get it done!

Date...Sunday (had to be didn't it) 30th November, Afternoon.

Can some local Dublin suggest a location?

Any objections?

Post below if you can/will make it!!

8)
Last edited by ctr on Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ctr
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Postby FXR » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:40 pm

Cool I can make it. Unfortunately I'm going to have a problem with most weekends for the next year. Depending on the level of interest we can hire a room. I'll pay for it and then we can have a collection when we get there. I don't fancy huddling in some pub where there might be distractions (and I don't mean football).
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
FXR

Postby IrishKnight » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:56 pm

Can I suggest Café Bar Deli? It's a rather good place to get some food then we can chat about this whole atheist business.

I don't really see the need to hire a room when we can go somewhere for free...tho I can see the point about distractions...

What about a uni? On Sundays UCD is as full as an empty bag and the arts block has lots of seating. If we can get away with it I would for somewhere that we don't have to pay for...
IrishKnight

Postby FXR » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:04 pm

IrishKnight wrote:Can I suggest Café Bar Deli? It's a rather good place to get some food then we can chat about this whole atheist business.

I don't really see the need to hire a room when we can go somewhere for free...tho I can see the point about distractions...

What about a uni? On Sundays UCD is as full as an empty bag and the arts block has lots of seating. If we can get away with it I would for somewhere that we don't have to pay for...

Naw. Hiring a room I'm sure won't cost that much as opposed to trying to hold a meeting in a boozer with who knows what listening and a million distractions. UCD sounds good but if we can't offically be there it's not going to do the trick really.
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
FXR

Re: Our First meeting, where we can trash out the details.

Postby FXR » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:30 pm

ctr wrote:I am suggesting it is in Dublin.

I am picking a date or else we will never get it done!

Date...Sunday (had to be didn't it) 30th November, Afternoon.

Can some local Dublin suggest a location?

Any objections?

Post below if you can/will make it!!
8)

Would it be a good idea to put a poll on the top of this to get an idea of numbers. No point in booking a hotel room if we need Croker!
1 Yes I will be there
2. Would love to but busy that day
3. Would love to but I'm outside Dublin
4. Not interested but I just love voting in polls
FXR

Postby ctr » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:35 pm

Done Oh wise one :D
ctr
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Postby FXR » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:44 pm

ctr wrote:Done Oh wise one :D

And so far I'm %100 of the vote. I bet Obama can't match that. Of course it's early days and the swingers have not come in yet..
FXR

Postby crotalus » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:44 am

I think I will be able to make it , what time are we talking about ?? Whit public transport a late one is not an option for me may I suggest some time in the afternoon , evening and within walking distance of Connolly or Pearce street station ??
crotalus

Postby DollarLama » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:44 am

Mate of mine works in the Trinity sports centre - I could ask him if we could borrow a room for an hour or two. The new sports centre is at the back of Trinity, on the corner of Westomoreland Street and Pearse Street, so handy for DART. The entrance is on Pearse Street.

The other option is upstairs in a pub; the Blue Goose on the quays has an upstairs room, I'll ask them if we can have it (booked it before for parties - no chanrge, but they prefer it if you buy drink of course.)

I'll get back to you.

cheers
DL
DollarLama
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Postby kitsune9 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:15 pm

dammit! i'd love to but i'm emigrating to madrid on the 20th.
kitsune9

Next

Return to Atheism, Philosophy and Religion