Roscommon Case

General discussions
mkaobrih

Roscommon Case

Post by mkaobrih » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:31 pm

I’ve just watched the 9 O’clock new and the were discussing the mother incest child abuse case in Roscommon. Seems the children were going to be taken into care after the last child was born but that quote “a right wing catholic group” funded the mother to resist the court ruling.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0121/roscommon.html
The church complains of persecution when it's not allowed to persecute.
cosmosforest

Re: Roscommon Case

Post by cosmosforest » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:25 am

mkaobrih wrote:I’ve just watched the 9 O’clock new and the were discussing the mother incest child abuse case in Roscommon. Seems the children were going to be taken into care after the last child was born but that quote “a right wing catholic group” funded the mother to resist the court ruling.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0121/roscommon.html
On 6.1 all they said was that the decision to place in the care of family was overturned by a court...
"Only the dead have seen the end of war"
Plato
Ygern
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Ygern » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:57 am

Its weird that any normal person, no matter what their political or religious inclination, would try to prevent social services from helping children who were so clearly victims of severe neglect and abuse.

I can only assume that they had never met them.

It does explain why it took so long for the children to be removed from their mother.
What a desperately sad case.
The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time ~ Lawrence Krauss
Cork Skeptics
Superstitious Fool

Post by Superstitious Fool » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:42 pm

Disclaimer: not one of ours :roll:
Michael G