Is nothing sacred?

General discussions
nozzferrahhtoo
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Is nothing sacred?

Post by nozzferrahhtoo » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:57 pm

Apparently the answer is no. Not even to those to whom it is MEANT to be sacred....
OSLO (Reuters) - A Norwegian church used lemon-flavored cola instead of water in a baptism ceremony after its taps were temporarily turned off because of freezing temperatures, daily Vaart Land said Tuesday.

Priest Paal Dale from the town of Stord, about 150 miles west of the capital Oslo, improvised during a recent cold-spell by dabbing the lemon fizzy water on a baby during a baptism ceremony.
Not sure I have heard anything so perfectly dumb since the whole Zero Tolerance Alcohol affair when a priest was quoted as saying that they use wine in our ceremonies, but it is the blood of Christ, but it does however seem to share all the properties of normal wine when it gets into the system.
cosmosforest

Re: Is nothing sacred?

Post by cosmosforest » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:35 pm

Not sure I have heard anything so perfectly dumb since the whole Zero Tolerance Alcohol affair when a priest was quoted as saying that they use wine in our ceremonies, but it is the blood of Christ, but it does however seem to share all the properties of normal wine when it gets into the system.
The whole idea of transubstantiation always freaked me out - if you truly believe that the bread and wine turn into the body and blood of ol' j.c., what does say about you?
I know it's not cannibalism or anything like that in their minds, but still....
"Only the dead have seen the end of war"
Plato