RELIGULOUS - Irish release

General discussions
adamd164
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

RELIGULOUS - Irish release

Post by adamd164 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:24 pm

So yeah, this was released this weekend here.

Apparently Dave Fanning gave it the thumbs up on d'radio there a few mins ago. Some fella wrote a review slamming it in the local paper for being unnecessarily insulting.. some people will just NEVER get it!!! :roll:

Most of the reviews have been extremely positive though I'm glad to say, and rightly so cos it's hilarious.

Who's gonna go see it? Or who already has? I'm sure a lot of you did months ago thanks to the joys of the interwebz, but I'm gonna go see it on the big screen anyway.

We should totally organise Atheist Ireland trips to see it in Dublin, Cork, Galway, wherever else!
FXR

Re: RELIGULOUS - Irish release

Post by FXR » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:28 pm

It's on in the Lighthous Cinema in Smithfield.
Times 1.50, 4, 8.40
I'm going tomorrow afternoon.
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
aZerogodist
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by aZerogodist » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:50 pm

They gave it a fair review on Talkradio, they did say that Bill picked the cream of the nut-jobs, So is it on in Cork?
Ygern
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Ygern » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:56 pm

I can't find a Cork listing http://www.whazon.com/cork/cinema.php
The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time ~ Lawrence Krauss
Cork Skeptics
dj357

Post by dj357 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:49 pm

since i've been a very naughty boy and downloaded the film...ahem...legally....a few months ago and already seen it, I won't be wasting nigh-on €10 in one of ireland's oh-so-wonderful wallet-friendly cinematic establishments to go see it, but I would highly recommend it to everyone else!!
"In meinem Himmel gibt's keinen Gott!"
I'm An Atheist...
Midwest Humanists!! - http://midwesthumanists.wordpress.com
MurphySuds

Post by MurphySuds » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:16 pm

GREAT movie! Saw it here in Texas which is in the "bible belt" and the movie house was full! Nice to see and hear so much laughter....very funny movie! If you are religous person I don't see how you can watch this and not think "humm...maybe I am a fool!"
FXR

Post by FXR » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:25 pm

Did anyone else see this in a public cinema.

I went to the Lighthouse on Monday night. It is very funny at times and a good movie. But I noticed a curious thing with the audience. People laughed all through it until the Holy Land Experience bit where the actor playing the Bible character Jesus is raised suddenly into view above the Holy Land tourists on a cross all covered in tomatoe ketchup and holding two nails. Everyone went completely silent.
It took a few more minutes of the movie before they went back to laughing at the jokes.
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
Hemingway
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Hemingway » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:43 pm

dj357 wrote:since i've been a very naughty boy and downloaded the film...ahem...legally....a few months ago and already seen it, I won't be wasting nigh-on €10 in one of ireland's oh-so-wonderful wallet-friendly cinematic establishments to go see it, but I would highly recommend it to everyone else!!
Where can it be downloaded?
Dont try to fix me, I'm not broken
cosmosforest

Post by cosmosforest » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:49 pm

Hemingway wrote:Where can it be downloaded?
not that it would be condoned by the site, I'm sure, but it would be available from a page similar to this
"Only the dead have seen the end of war"
Plato
gcooke

Post by gcooke » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:20 pm

Saw it. It is funny, I like Bill Maher, and obviously I agree with the argument, but as a piece of film-making it's only alight. Few bits of it seemed "borrowed" from other films like The God Who Wasn't There. It didn't help to have a girl with THE LOUDEST and most annoying hyena-like laugh sitting two seats away.