Melt in your mouth Jesus......

General discussions
FXR

Melt in your mouth Jesus......

Post by FXR » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:01 pm

From Catholic Answers
leahxxxx
Religion: Catholic
Q: Does a breastfeeding baby receive the Eucharist?

I was wondering if my daughter, in turn, receives communion when I do after I breastfeed her. If this is the case, isn't it a sin to administer/take the Eucharist when a person doesn't fully understand what it is? or before they are baptized?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Fr. Vincent Serpa; Mar 20, '09 at 9:41 pm.

Fr. Vincent Serpa
Catholic Answers Apologist
Hi,

Your baby does not receive the Eucharist when you breast-feed her after receiving Holy Communion. She consumes her mother’s milk. Once the Eucharist is digested in the stomach it ceases to be the body and blood of Jesus. When the appearance of bread and wine no longer exists, neither does the Real Presence.

But it would be no sin if your infant did receive the Eucharist. Some of the Eastern Catholic Churches do give the Eucharist to infants, after they are baptized, of course.

Now ya got him....gulp....now you don't.

See as long as it looks like bread and wine it's not bread and wine it's the Jewish zombie but as soon as it ain't then it's not.......got that!
Should I have put this in the humor section?
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
adamd164
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: Melt in your mouth Jesus......

Post by adamd164 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:35 pm

It's all in the "essence" of the fully-formed bread you see. Once it's been broken up into small little pieces it loses the "spiritual essence" that is christ's body. :wink:

...wait a minute.... I thought it wasn't a physical thing!? :o Hmm... :? What the..!? I've been living a lie!
Last edited by adamd164 on Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JH
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by JH » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:56 pm

Obviously stomach acid breaks down transubstantiation particles.
cosmosforest

Post by cosmosforest » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:40 pm

JH wrote:Obviously stomach acid breaks down transubstantiation particles.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

brilliant!!!
"Only the dead have seen the end of war"
Plato
FXR

Post by FXR » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:48 pm

This is like discovering Supermans' Achilles heel: They tried whipping him, they tried torture, then they tried a barbed wire head band....still he lived. Then they tried nailing him to two planks...still he lived...then they stabbed him with a spear....but he rose again.........little did they know all they needed was stomach acid!
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
Hemingway
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Hemingway » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:14 pm

This kind of sums up how ridiculous the whole thing is.
Dont try to fix me, I'm not broken
FXR

Post by FXR » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:20 pm

You could write a comedy script cutting and pasting from serious catholic web sites and not have to change a word.
Scorpio

Post by Scorpio » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:40 pm

Never in my life did I think it would get this ridiculous...
Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer. - Anonymous
FXR

Post by FXR » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:53 pm

Scorpio wrote:Never in my life did I think it would get this ridiculous...
It's been this ridiculous for about 1700 years. They've had a lot of practice.... :lol: