Debaptised, still a member?

General discussions
greenwitch

Debaptised, still a member?

Post by greenwitch » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:34 am

I did the debaptism thing about 18 months ago and on the amended certificate that they sent me it had the details of my baptism and my marriage details but in the space for confirmation it says there is no record.
Now maybe I am being paranoid but I find it strange that they would find the details of the marriage (which is now long over!) and not the confirmation both of which were in the same parish church, a different one to the baptism.
Are they using the confirmation records for membership numbers and should I ring that church to have the confirmation record amended? Anyone here done this?
lostexpectation

Re: Debaptised, still a member?

Post by lostexpectation » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:32 am

greenwitch wrote:I did the debaptism thing about 18 months ago and on the amended certificate that they sent me it had the details of my baptism and my marriage details but in the space for confirmation it says there is no record.
Now maybe I am being paranoid but I find it strange that they would find the details of the marriage (which is now long over!) and not the confirmation both of which were in the same parish church, a different one to the baptism.
Are they using the confirmation records for membership numbers and should I ring that church to have the confirmation record amended? Anyone here done this?
well see if they can find them first
test