Count Me Out.ie

General discussions
eccles
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: Count Me Out.ie

Post by eccles » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:36 am

It's obvious what the Rev. "Twit" is doing: Meet you and try to talk you out of it. He will probably spin you the usual line about going to Hell and never seeing the "face of God and Jesus". Then if you don't give in to his CCL propaganda, you will wait for anything up to about seven years. The processes in the CCL move very slowly.
em hotep

Robert Tobin Minister, First Church of Atheism (Philidelphia)
"May Your God Go WIth You"
Rogan
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Rogan » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:52 am

Received my final letter from the Archdiocese of Dublin today, along with an updated Baptisimal Cert stating cessation of church membership by formal act of defection. One less sheep they can count as part of their flock, feels great! :D
Beebub
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Beebub » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:06 pm

Rogan wrote:feels great
It really does, doesn't it?

Congrats.
Rev j.jones

Post by Rev j.jones » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:17 pm

wait seven years my arse, he has 30 days then I'll go back to his office and knock more loudly, after the third visit he'll need several new doors, as I will render each one that I pass through ineffective to ensure that my way out of his church is clear he won't want me calling a fourth time.

"give in" whoa, what a concept, to give in, I have never really understood the donation of prepositions
"The Meek a'int gonna inherit shit"
"I've got a hell of a lot of weapons to fight! I got my claws, I got cutlasses, I got guns, I got dynamite, I got a hell of a lot of fight! I will fight!" Rev Jones cured religion for 950 americans.
Rev j.jones

Post by Rev j.jones » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:50 pm

I got it, and it feels better than christmas morning ever felt, whooohooo

two letters came in the one envelope actually, one is the letter from the diocesan office, a rev Ian O'Neill tells me that the baptismal record has been amended in my parish, the other is a letter from the parish telling the rev Ian that the necessary notation has been entered in the baptismal record of the parish.

I never really felt like a member of the catholc church but now I'm not a member of anything for only the second time in my life. so this is how it felt for that month or so between my birth and my entrapment, does this mean I can reset my age to 1 month. I'm not a born again anything, I was born but then the catholic church stole the freedom of a baby but now I got it back,

Whats the best brand of file for keeping the Horns in check? What can I expect to pay the Barber for dehorning? our local fella does it but sur I know well if I ask him the price hes just gonna rip me off.

whoohooo
"I've got a hell of a lot of weapons to fight! I got my claws, I got cutlasses, I got guns, I got dynamite, I got a hell of a lot of fight! I will fight!" Rev Jones cured religion for 950 americans.
Ygern
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Ygern » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:04 pm

Congratulations.
Oh and about the horns, you should just let them grow! :wink:
The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time ~ Lawrence Krauss
Cork Skeptics
bipedalhumanoid

Post by bipedalhumanoid » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:07 pm

Congrats Rev. I might do the same when I'm home for Christmas at the end of the year ;-)
"The fact of your own existence is the most astonishing fact you will ever have to face. Don’t you ever get used to it." - Richard Dawkins... being shrill and offensive again I suppose.
mkaobrih

Post by mkaobrih » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:12 pm

Happy unchristening!!
The church complains of persecution when it's not allowed to persecute.
Rev j.jones

Post by Rev j.jones » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:21 pm

of course,

I need a horn accessory shop, get them tinted, maybe some nice under horn uplighting, a couple of bells maybe so the theists know I'm comin.

don't let geography be an obstacle, write a letter get it notary witnessed, there was no big deal for me really, I just presented the letter from count me out along with a few reasons (that would be enough to shake the faith of any theist), then I got a letter, I made a phone call, got another letter , and here I am a free man. I think I just started wrong instead of sending the letter to the local priest, start with the bishop, thats if you can figure out who your bishop is, there seems to be a few vacancies around here lately.
Rev j.jones

Post by Rev j.jones » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:25 pm

thanks mkaobrih

I had a shower this morning, I could feel the jesus washing off me, now hes down the plug hole with the rest of the shit where he belongs, no hard feelings though I sent him a house warming gift there around lunch time, it should match the drapes.