Count Me Out.ie

General discussions
nozzferrahhtoo
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: Count Me Out.ie

Post by nozzferrahhtoo » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:52 pm

Yeah that was pretty awful. His whole approach was "dont leave the church, there is no salvation outside it".

The worst part of it is that he said something along the lines of "Why leave the church when you do not know there is a god or not"

The important message that this speaker is missing is that this site is not directed at atheists. It is directed at people of faith and no faith alike. Leaving the church is not the same as abandoning your god, it is merely making the statement that this church does not speak for, or to, your faith any more.
rationalthinker

Post by rationalthinker » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:01 pm

Personally, I'd like to say I think this is a brilliant website and the simplicity of it adds to it. So well done to the three of you who are organizing and managing the operation, keep it going strong!! :)

As for me, I've just discovered it over the past few weeks...and went to research what the three steps were. I was surprised (pleasantly surprised at that) to find how simple it was and effortless it seemed to be. One of them concerned what my family will think if I did this assuming I accidentally died or something i.e Death, Burying etc.

But then upon second thoughts; I'll be alive when my parents die. I couldn't give a damn if my siblings object to it, and I'll only marry an atheistic person. So...I have every reason to do it. I didn't expect to have that first reaction to defecting from the church.

Either way, I'll send my form off within the next week. Bye-Bye Roman Catholic Church.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a sceptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality."
-George Bernard Shaw
lostexpectation

Post by lostexpectation » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:03 am

nozzferrahhtoo wrote:Yeah that was pretty awful. His whole approach was "dont leave the church, there is no salvation outside it".

The worst part of it is that he said something along the lines of "Why leave the church when you do not know there is a god or not"

The important message that this speaker is missing is that this site is not directed at atheists. It is directed at people of faith and no faith alike. Leaving the church is not the same as abandoning your god, it is merely making the statement that this church does not speak for, or to, your faith any more.
yeah yerman wouldn't seperate church and religion
test
Alexis

Post by Alexis » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:29 am

FXR wrote:The number of defections has been climbing constantly. It's now gone over sixteen hundred. If it keeps up at this rate there won't be any Catholics left. :roll: If the rate of defections surpasses the rate of baptisms the CCL will be in negative equity!

You're so funny, FXR :lol:
Alexis

Post by Alexis » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:34 am

FXR wrote:
I mistakenly thought the 60 messages were replies from the Bish but it refers to messages of complaint sent to the Palace of the Assisant to the Assisant of Gods first minister on Earth (to give him his proper title)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the bellylaugh, FXR! I ENJOYED THAT!
Alexis

Post by Alexis » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:50 am

countmeout (Paul) wrote:Hi guys, Paul here from the Count Me Out website/campaign whatever you want to call us. Just wanted to clear a few things up:
Hi Paul, I think you guys are taking yourselves - and the Catholic Church, aka the Vatican TOOOOOO seriously! Fuck the sociopathic bastards, is what I say!

If THEY have physically raped you as a child, and then as an adult you finally had the courage to face up to this fact - yeah, then go kill the fuckers who stole your childhood!

BUT - if they psychologically raped you as a chid - which they couldn't do, unless - your own parents aided and abetted them (because they were physically incapable of doing, e.g., dead or dying) then, by all means, BURN DOWN THE CATHEDRALS :evil:
adamd164
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by adamd164 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:42 am

:?
Beebub
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Beebub » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:07 am

adamd164 wrote: :?
Assuming that is a reference to this:
Alexis wrote:
Hi Paul, I think you guys are taking yourselves - and the Catholic Church, aka the Vatican TOOOOOO seriously! Fuck the sociopathic bastards, is what I say!

If THEY have physically raped you as a child, and then as an adult you finally had the courage to face up to this fact - yeah, then go kill the fuckers who stole your childhood!

BUT - if they psychologically raped you as a chid - which they couldn't do, unless - your own parents aided and abetted them (because they were physically incapable of doing, e.g., dead or dying) then, by all means, BURN DOWN THE CATHEDRALS :evil:
Then I wholeheartedly agree. In fact I'll add my own;

:?

Alexis, did you forget to take your pills?
peter63
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by peter63 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:49 pm

There is a chance that Alexis may not even be a real person :shock: http://www.world-science.net/othernews/ ... angfrm.htm

I would assume that the word “sensible” is to be taken loosely in the context of that article. :)

(It's ok Alexis, Mine is just a lame attempt at humour) :wink:
Last edited by peter63 on Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
“God and Country are an unbeatable team; they break all records for oppression and bloodshed” Luis Buñuel. Quoted in The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins.
mkaobrih

Post by mkaobrih » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:13 pm

It’s generally assumed that Alexis is the previously banned Martha – a legendry poster of Fxr standard. Martha was of course the only member of Atheist Ireland to be banned from posting. Although Martha / Alexis has at some times posted informative posts – for the most part they were abusive- Anti Irish and generally backward and or weird. I for one could never understand what exactly she was on about. If she slag’s you - take it as a badge of pride.
The church complains of persecution when it's not allowed to persecute.