Count Me Out.ie

General discussions
DurErnil

Re: Count Me Out.ie

Post by DurErnil » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:55 pm

Hey how long does it usually take for a reply to come. I sent a letter to Bishop Treanor a few days ago, and I didn't think it would take longer than a week for a reply
Ygern
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Ygern » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:46 pm

DurEnil, it is most likely completely dependent on the individual who gets your letter. In other words, there isn't a normal time. The folks over at countmeout.ie can probably give you a better guestimate, but I suspect it depends not only on the personality of the bishop / priest dealing with the matter; but also their personal feeling regarding the new spate of defections.
The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time ~ Lawrence Krauss
Cork Skeptics
FXR

Post by FXR » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:18 pm

DurErnil wrote:Hey how long does it usually take for a reply to come. I sent a letter to Bishop Treanor a few days ago, and I didn't think it would take longer than a week for a reply
On the countmeout website: One letter sent to Sligo on the 1st of July got a response on the 6th acknowledging receipt of the request.
An email sent to Clones parish for a guy who went over to the Anglicans got a response in a day.
A letter sent to Cork and Ross on July 9th got a response on July 30th explaining the recipient had been on vacation hence the delay.

The Dublin sector of CCL operations might be slower if Palace HQ in Dromcondra is getting a lot more mail.
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
Gar

Post by Gar » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:30 pm

I sent them a letter the week before last and got a reply within a couple of days in Dublin.
Beebub
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Beebub » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:29 am

Same here. Dublin diocese was fairly swift in responding. My initial request was responded to in writing within a week. Subsequent e-mails were answered promptly (apart from the last one which asked him if he'd had many request recently which was duly ignored! :lol:
Irish Shaman

Post by Irish Shaman » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:30 pm

Don't really see why people are foot tapping at how long this'll take.

I mean, once you post it that's your part of the arrangement done. It's not hard to just lay back and chill while the other team shit themselves over the defections.
*COUGH* SHAMELESSPLUG *COUGH*
http://www.youtube.com/1rishShaman

Atheism, Atheist Ireland, Gaming, The Atheist Experience... what more could you want?
bipedalhumanoid

Post by bipedalhumanoid » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:19 am

Perhaps there should be a campaign for those who can't get a defection. We can find out which parishes are being difficult and take a dump on the church steps. We could call it "Defacate for Defection".
"The fact of your own existence is the most astonishing fact you will ever have to face. Don’t you ever get used to it." - Richard Dawkins... being shrill and offensive again I suppose.
Beebub
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Beebub » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:02 am

bipedalhumanoid wrote:take a dump on the church steps
eh.... count me out!
lostexpectation

Post by lostexpectation » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:20 pm

test
CatHerder