16%
No
84%

Total votes: 19
alfonso
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by alfonso » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:50 pm

Martha wrote:Well? where can I buy some of that stuff? Don't keep it a secret :roll:
I'm quite certain not in Ireland...
CatHerder
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by CatHerder » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:40 pm

Martha wrote: Hello CatHerder,

Yes, I agree I can be a bit aggressive at times, and I apologise for my OTT outbursts. I'm normally quite diplomatic, but always assertive, so I can't do much about the way my assertiveness might sometimes make others feel intimidated :wink: Its just that I'm a woman in a very macho culture and so I do feel provoked from time to time... and no, I'm not in the least religious (I'm far too evolved for such dependency)... though I was pretty convinced at one stage, that Brian M was a cleric.
Thanks for that Martha, I don’t feel so intimidated now :wink: and I figure I might need to chill out a bit. The rate that this site is developing gets me a little jumpy at times. We wont need moderators until the real religious folk get here.
FXR

Post by FXR » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:08 pm

CatHerder wrote:
Martha wrote: Hello CatHerder,

Yes, I agree I can be a bit aggressive at times, and I apologise for my OTT outbursts. I'm normally quite diplomatic, but always assertive, so I can't do much about the way my assertiveness might sometimes make others feel intimidated :wink: Its just that I'm a woman in a very macho culture and so I do feel provoked from time to time... and no, I'm not in the least religious (I'm far too evolved for such dependency)... though I was pretty convinced at one stage, that Brian M was a cleric.
Thanks for that Martha, I don’t feel so intimidated now :wink: and I figure I might need to chill out a bit. The rate that this site is developing gets me a little jumpy at times. We wont need moderators until the real religious folk get here.
Ah Seamus I can't wait for the religious folk to get here. In fact I was thinking of going out scouting for a few. At the moment I'm cruising Catholic sites lookin' for a challenge.
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
Martha

Post by Martha » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:14 am

CatHerder wrote: Thanks for that Martha, I don’t feel so intimidated now :wink: and I figure I might need to chill out a bit. The rate that this site is developing gets me a little jumpy at times.

Isn't it a good thing that this site is developing? And isn't it even better that I'm on it! You guys don't know how lucky you are to have Wonderful ME on board your ship 8)
CatHerder wrote:We wont need moderators until the real religious folk get here.

Don't worry, CH, leave them to me - I'll sort 'em out, single-handed :lol:
FXR

Where are the Catholic hordes?

Post by FXR » Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:57 pm

I've done a few searches for Irish Catholic websites but have'nt found any that I can engage the enemy on.

I logged on to the Irish site set up to recruit priests but they only do one to one correspondence. I was hopin' there'd be something like this site.

But the Catholic hordes must be out there somewhere..

I see it crimson, I see it red!
Fedelm
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
CatHerder
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: Where are the Catholic hordes?

Post by CatHerder » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:55 pm

FXR wrote:engage the enemy
Oh god you have me rolling on the floor laughing :lol:

Here's the Christianity forum on boards.ie. Dont know it it's what you're looking for but, go ahead, knock yourself out :) Don't get barred too quickly.
Last edited by CatHerder on Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FXR

Too late...

Post by FXR » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:04 pm

IloggedonI'mbarred...
CatHerder
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by CatHerder » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:38 pm

Martha wrote: Isn't it a good thing that this site is developing? And isn't it even better that I'm on it! You guys don't know how lucky you are to have Wonderful ME on board your ship 8)
Yes It’s absolutely wonderfull having you here but when are you going to change that avatar, I keep mixing you up with artyfarty. You promised us a “nice picture” of you. I was thinking that I’d put up a nice picture of me. Myself and the girlfriend spent about an hour in the pub trying to take a nice picture of me with varying degrees of success. Here are a few examples

My impression of Stan Laurel

How I look after a few beers

Kind of serious looking

The one my girlfriend likes
Martha wrote:
CatHerder wrote:We wont need moderators until the real religious folk get here.

Don't worry, CH, leave them to me - I'll sort 'em out, single-handed :lol:
Yes, I would like to think that we will try and engage them with convincing arguments.
Martha

Re: Where are the Catholic hordes?

Post by Martha » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:37 pm

FXR wrote:I've done a few searches for Irish Catholic websites but have'nt found any that I can engage the enemy on.

I logged on to the Irish site set up to recruit priests but they only do one to one correspondence. I was hopin' there'd be something like this site.

But the Catholic hordes must be out there somewhere..
Looking for a fist fight, eh? Well, you'de better arm yourself to the teeth when you "engage in battle" with DAT LOT! Good luck :twisted:
Martha

Post by Martha » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:40 pm

CatHerder wrote:examples

My impression of Stan Laurel

How I look after a few beers

Kind of serious looking
For a second there, I thought you were flirting with me, until you mentioned your girlfriend :cry:

Right so, I'll put up that nice new avatar of my Gorgeous Self... here goes

PS: You're kinda cute (so you are)... and that pub looks vaguely familiar???