Video game: Mass We Pray

General discussions
bockedy

Video game: Mass We Pray

Post by bockedy » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:48 am

This one is very likely total bullshit or some clever viral marketing, but it's funny nevertheless. If it is a real game release, it has seriously got to be the suckiest thing I have EVER seen by a seriously wide margin.

http://www.masswepray.com

From the blurb: "A family shouldn’t have to wait until Sunday to worship the Lord. Now you can go to church every day without leaving your home. Participate in more than 24 unique and exhilarating Ceremonies. Be sure to try them all. The more you play, the more Grace points you collect. Then trade in your Grace points to unlock the Holy Mysteries."

You also need special Wii-like controllers to play: "The wireless CROSS controller detects movement in three dimensions. Every twist of the hand and nuance of a blessing is re-created on-screen. Then add the KNEELER accessory and get off the couch and into the action."

They even have a little video demo featuring a Ned Flanders-esque family.

(Mods: Feel free to move this to another category if you see fit).
May Ea smite thee with the might of his fist!
bipedalhumanoid

Re: Video game: Mass We Pray

Post by bipedalhumanoid » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:07 pm

LMAO. I'd put it up there with manbeef.com; bonsaikitten.com & buymydaughter.com

None of these sites are in action any more but they were all hoaxes. Manbeef.com claimed to be a site where you could put in orders to purchase human meat. BonsaiKitten was a site with instructions on how to keep kittens in jars to stunt their growth; buymydaughter.com was a site where parents could advertise their daughters for sale.

If this isn't a hoax, well that just makes it even funnier. :lol:
"The fact of your own existence is the most astonishing fact you will ever have to face. Don’t you ever get used to it." - Richard Dawkins... being shrill and offensive again I suppose.
eccles
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by eccles » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:47 pm

Of course the Roman Catholic Church is in so much trouble in the United Christian States of America it has to do something to make money. Typical of the Yanks.

They are learning from crooks like Benny Hinn and Pat Robertson et. al.

I see a Pipe organ behind the altar in that video. I thought rock groups suppled the"music" now.

In Australia one of the TV Channels broadcasts in the wee hours of Sunday morning when everyone is in bed nursing a hangover "Mass for you at home" It is the most boring show. Somebody with a guitar, the priest sleeping in his chair while non-ordained people perform most of the Mass. All he does is put Jesus in a piece of bread.
em hotep

Robert Tobin Minister, First Church of Atheism (Philidelphia)
"May Your God Go WIth You"
Gar

Post by Gar » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:53 pm

I think that site is part of a viral marketing campaign for Dante's Inferno, a game that's coming out next year.. If you click on any of the links on the page it opens an overlay that shows you a video demo for the game.. It actually doesn't look too bad !
Regens Küchl

Post by Regens Küchl » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:04 pm

eccles wrote:Of course the Roman Catholic Church is in so much trouble in the United Christian States of America it has to do something to make money. Typical of the Yanks.

They are learning from crooks like Benny Hinn and Pat Robertson et. al.
I prefer my Benny Hinn with a little Benny Hill mixed in. :P :oops:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYoqoxN_nGI