Fr. Tadhg O’Donovan
Whitechurch
Co. Cork

Venue
Cork District Court

Judge
Judge Malone

Summary
Fr. Tadhg O’Donovan of Whitechurch, Co. Cork failed to declare rental income received for his tenants in the form of rent supplement payments from the Health Services Executive between the years 1998/99 to 2002 inclusive.

The court was informed that Father O’Donovan paid a total of €213,222 to Revenue in respect of back taxes, which included full civil penalties and interest.

The tax offences were under Section 1078 Taxes Consolidation Act 1997

Outcome
Fr. Tadhg O’Donovan who pleaded guilty to five charges regarding the delivery of incorrect income tax returns, four charges of furnishing incorrect information and one charge of failure to keep records of all transactions relating to income tax for the period 1998/1999 to 2002, was fined a total of €6,050 by the Cork District Court.
FXR

Re: Tax-evading priest slams Revenue

Post by FXR » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:37 pm

Cork priest asked to leave
A curate from North Cork who has made settlements of more than €600,000 with the Revenue Commissioners for tax evasion has been ordered by his Bishop to cease his involvement in commercial activity.
It has also been announced that Fr Tadhg O'Donovan, a curate at Whitechurch will leave his parish ministry for what is being described as 'a period of prayer and personal reflection'.

Fr Tadhg O'Donovan is the priest who used offensive language earlier this week to describe officials from the Revenue Commissioners, after it was revealed that he had twice been involved in serious tax evasion.

http://clericalwhispers.blogspot.com/20 ... istry.html

He used offensive language and got the eye on the profit machine so he gets dealt with straight away. If he was raping children he would have quietly been given a new gig somewhere else.
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
eccles
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by eccles » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:56 pm

I'm a bit confused. What do the letters CCL stand for?
em hotep

Robert Tobin Minister, First Church of Atheism (Philidelphia)
"May Your God Go WIth You"
FXR

Post by FXR » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:10 pm

eccles wrote:I'm a bit confused. What do the letters CCL stand for?
The Catholic Church Limited.
Headquarters: Petes Mega Palace, Rome, Italy
Main Product: Monumental Hypocrisy.
Holding company for: Virgin Mary Franchises, Post Death Air Sales Inc, The Clerical Covert Travel Company, Canon Law Conniving Ltd, La Cosa Nostra and other divisions to numerous to mention.

CEO: Herr Joseph Ratzinger of Munchen, Deutschland

Total assets: Company not subject to auditing.
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
eccles
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by eccles » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:42 pm

FXR wrote:
eccles wrote:I'm a bit confused. What do the letters CCL stand for?
The Catholic Church Limited.
Headquarters: Petes Mega Palace, Rome, Italy
Main Product: Monumental Hypocrisy.
Holding company for: Virgin Mary Franchises, Post Death Air Sales Inc, The Clerical Covert Travel Company, Canon Law Conniving Ltd, La Cosa Nostra and other divisions to numerous to mention.

CEO: Herr Joseph Ratzinger of Munchen, Deutschland

Total assets: Company not subject to auditing.
Thanks for that FXR.
I gather it is not actually official. but I ilke it. I notice the reference to "Da Mob", La Cosa Nostra who are the real controllers of the Holy See. I have read books about that and about the late Archbishop Marcinkus who was involved in the murder of Pope John Paul I.

Don't forget purveyor of "Holy Relics" such as the "True Cross", the Nails from the Cross, the Shroud of Turin, Locks of Jesus Hair, Blood from the Blessed Bleeding Nose of Jesus, The milk teeth of Jesus, The Holy Foreskin of Jesus, and the Bones of St. Peter - not real, of course. They might be in Jerusalem.
em hotep

Robert Tobin Minister, First Church of Atheism (Philidelphia)
"May Your God Go WIth You"