Through the Eyes of the Enemy

General discussions
Regens Küchl

Through the Eyes of the Enemy

Post by Regens Küchl » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:10 pm

:shock:
This is to be a Thread about unfriendly looks of all people who dislike things like this Forum :wink:
In Rapture Ready one User opened a Thread with stating :
The more time I spend wandering the Internet, the sadder I get.

There are sites all over which openly promote atheism. PZ Myers has his "pharyngula" blog. There are websites for American Atheists, Council for Secular Humanism, The Friendly Atheist blog, etc.

I find it disheartening that people are going online and learning Darwinists' arguments to reject God instead of reading about the Bible, but at least the people seeking out those sites know what they're getting. They've already chosen to reject God.

There are also some sites where people pretend to be Christian in order to mock God and turn people from Salvation. A homosexual crossdresser makes the "Betty Bowers, America's Best Christian" site. A so-called "comedian" created the "Landover Baptist Church" website; while it's over the top and a pretty obvious gag, there's also a discussion forum (at .net instead of .org) where atheists pretend to be pastors and flat-out lie about what the Bible says to make people hate God. And there's "Real Bible Stories", which appends commentary to Bible stories to make children think God is evil and "unfair" for being holy.

I'm sure members here have run across other sites like these, probably even worse?

Is there anything we can do about them? I realize that persecution comes with being Christian, but this isn't just persecution. It's a concerted effort to promote Satan's religion, atheism, behind our backs!

I'm looking for software so I can block them on my home computer; my niece uses it sometimes and I don't want her finding them by accident. I can also convince my sister (her mother) that these are hate sites that she should also block. Is there already a Christian net filter available that blocks things like this?

I don't know what else to do to slow these people down.

Obviously I can witness to my niece, I mean in general, to help those who don't know about these wolves in sheep's clothing. It's not like we can force their ISPs to put big disclaimers on the sites.
http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=114259
Ygern
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: Through the Eyes of the Enemy

Post by Ygern » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:30 am

Can you elaborate which bits you think are worth responding to?
The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time ~ Lawrence Krauss
Cork Skeptics
Regens Küchl

Post by Regens Küchl » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:17 am

I made that bits red :wink:
That those guys want a "Christian net filter" for fear of losing their younglings to the satan-worshippers I find really remarkable :|

But my first thought was: since we have threads like this
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2957
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1572
where we debate forums that are "incompatible" with this one, we should also have a thread to collect links to findings of debates in said forums where they debate about things like this forum :idea:

I find that interesting and perhaps so we can learn to understand them better :idea:
Regens Küchl

Post by Regens Küchl » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:06 am

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/securi ... -h7ul.html
Australian atheists are under attack, with the websites of both the Atheist Foundation of Australia and the Global Atheist Convention knocked offline in a major cyber attack yesterday afternoon.

The "distributed denial of service" attacks flooded the websites with traffic, forcing them offline about 5.20pm yesterday.

As of this morning, the foundation had still not been able to restore the websites.

The attacks may be related to the Global Atheist Convention, which is being held in Melbourne in March next year. Speakers include Richard Dawkins, author of The God Delusion and comedy writer Catherine Deveny.

About 1000 tickets have been sold so far through the Global Atheist Convention website, which was set up, and is operated, by the AFA.

The AFA is billing the event as the largest gathering of atheists in Australian history but ticket sales have had to be halted for now due to the cyber attack.

David Nicholls, president of the AFA, said it was not yet clear whether the attacks were motivated by religion or conservative Christian groups' anger at the AFA's lobbying for a more secular society.

However, the fact that two separate atheism-related websites were hit suggested the attack was targeted at atheists.

"We have been informed that the Atheist Foundation of Australia and the Global Atheist Convention sites were the specific target of the attacks," Nicholls said, adding he had reported the incident to the Australian Federal Police.

"This may not be just an attack on atheism, but an attack on freedom of speech."

The company hosting the websites has disconnected them in the face of the attacks, which knocked out other websites hosted by the provider.

Now, the AFA must find a new host and Nicholls said he expected the sites to be back online within half a day.

"Our aim is to keep the Australian government, education and welfare systems secular," Nicholls said.

"Unfortunately, some people in our society find that very confronting."

The cyber attacks are reminiscent of last year's major attacks on Scientology websites by a group of loosely connected online miscreants that called themselves Anonymous.

In May this year, 19-year-old Dmitriy Guzner from New Jersey agreed to plead guilty to playing a part in the attacks, which crashed Scientology websites. The final outcome of the case is not clear but he faced up to 10 years in prison.

eccles
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by eccles » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:36 pm

Regens Küchl wrote:http://www.smh.com.au/technology/securi ... -h7ul.html
Australian atheists are under attack, with the websites of both the Atheist Foundation of Australia and the Global Atheist Convention knocked offline in a major cyber attack yesterday afternoon.

The "distributed denial of service" attacks flooded the websites with traffic, forcing them offline about 5.20pm yesterday.

As of this morning, the foundation had still not been able to restore the websites.

The attacks may be related to the Global Atheist Convention, which is being held in Melbourne in March next year. Speakers include Richard Dawkins, author of The God Delusion and comedy writer Catherine Deveny.

About 1000 tickets have been sold so far through the Global Atheist Convention website, which was set up, and is operated, by the AFA.

The AFA is billing the event as the largest gathering of atheists in Australian history but ticket sales have had to be halted for now due to the cyber attack.

David Nicholls, president of the AFA, said it was not yet clear whether the attacks were motivated by religion or conservative Christian groups' anger at the AFA's lobbying for a more secular society.

However, the fact that two separate atheism-related websites were hit suggested the attack was targeted at atheists.

"We have been informed that the Atheist Foundation of Australia and the Global Atheist Convention sites were the specific target of the attacks," Nicholls said, adding he had reported the incident to the Australian Federal Police.

"This may not be just an attack on atheism, but an attack on freedom of speech."

The company hosting the websites has disconnected them in the face of the attacks, which knocked out other websites hosted by the provider.

Now, the AFA must find a new host and Nicholls said he expected the sites to be back online within half a day.

"Our aim is to keep the Australian government, education and welfare systems secular," Nicholls said.

"Unfortunately, some people in our society find that very confronting."

The cyber attacks are reminiscent of last year's major attacks on Scientology websites by a group of loosely connected online miscreants that called themselves Anonymous.

In May this year, 19-year-old Dmitriy Guzner from New Jersey agreed to plead guilty to playing a part in the attacks, which crashed Scientology websites. The final outcome of the case is not clear but he faced up to 10 years in prison.

What the AFA say is: "Thanks for the free publicity Cyber Geeks"
Tickets selling fast

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't miss out on tickets to the Global Atheist Convention!

Over 90% of full weekend passes have already been sold, so if you’d like to join us for the full experience of the largest gathering of freethinkers in Australia’s history then buy your ticket soon!

Alternatively, Sunday-Only tickets are also available – enjoy hearing from Richard Dawkins, author of The God Delusion, philosopher Peter Singer, former evangelical preacher Dan Barker and the Science Show’s Robyn Williams among others plus enjoy lunch and refreshments in the world-class Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre.

Tickets on sale at http://www.atheistconvention.org.au

We’ll see you in Melbourne!

That posted on 26th. Dec on the AFA Forum.
em hotep

Robert Tobin Minister, First Church of Atheism (Philidelphia)
"May Your God Go WIth You"
Regens Küchl

Post by Regens Küchl » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:27 pm

This is how evangelicals talk about unbelievers :
Originally Posted by cocopea9052
The "Just" Gospel

I was a just & righteous person
I just did what was good
I just did not know any better
I just did not seek the truth on my own
I just believed what I was told
I just would not listen to others who told me the truth
I just thought I would still go to Heaven
I just accepted everyone and their sinful ways & lifestyles
I just loved the world
I just didn't believe in Hell
I just didn't believe I would go if there were a Hell
I just trusted in my own works
I just thought that Mary was enough
I just never read the Bible for myself
I just followed all the rules, laws, rites and rituals
I just never gave my heart and life over to Jesus.....
I just missed the Rapture.......
I guess I was just wrong.

very sad,they want to go to Heaven but they do not want God there
their best works are nothing but dirty rags to God and there is only one way and that is through Jesus alone through scripture alone through Grace alone through faith alone.
http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?124 ... eles-Times
Regens Küchl

Post by Regens Küchl » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:16 pm

Just found aninteresting thread at catholic online forum :arrow:
It refers to an article in the australian national times :arrow:
A plague of atheists has descended, and Catholics are the target
Attacking Christians is not really clever, witty or funny.

FROM time immemorial, this world has been troubled by plagues. From bogong moths in Canberra to frogs in biblical Egypt, unwelcome and unlovely creatures have the awkward habit of turning up in bulk.

Just now, we are facing one of our largest and least appealing infestations. Somewhat in advance of summer's blowflies, we are beset by atheists. Worse, they are not traditional atheists. These tended to be quiet blokes called Algie with ancillary interests in nudist ceramics, who were perfectly happy as long as you pretended to accept a pamphlet in Flinders Lane.

No, the new hobby atheist is as brash, noisy and confident as a cheap electric kettle. They want everyone to know that they have not found God, and that no one else should. Their particular target seems to be Catholics. On the surface, this is odd, as there are plenty of other religious targets just waiting to be saved from a vengeful, non-existent deity. Smaller herds, such as the Christadelphians or the Salvation Army, might seem more manageable. But the Catholic Church has two incomparable advantages as an object of the wrath of proselytising atheists. First, it is the biggie. Taking out the Catholics is the equivalent of nuking the Pentagon. Guerilla bands of Baptists and Pentecostals can be liquidated at leisure.

. . .
http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/society-a ... -hv52.html
Regens Küchl

Post by Regens Küchl » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:29 pm

There is a bounty on Paul Zachary Meyers' soul, from an evangelical forum :evil:
Bring us the souls of PZ Meyers, Dick Dawkins, and Chris Hitchens

I am pleased as punch to announce a brand new reward for any True Christian™ who is able to wrestle down Satan and save the souls of notorious fundamentalist atheists Paul Zachary Meyers, Richard "Dick" Dawkins, and Christopher Hitchens!
These three rabid liberal anti-Americans have been spitting in the Lord's face long enough, doing everything in their power to do the devil's work and recruit the weaker-minded sinners of the world to their baseless religion of atheism and Darwinism, throwing junk "science" at our nation's youth and destroying what makes this country great!
There are only two things we can do to counteract their insidious influence. 1) Pray, and pray hard. 2) INTRODUCE THEM TO THE GOOD NEWS OF THE SAVIOR, OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST. The Messiah came 2000 years ago and it's time they heard His Word!
For the fortunate congregants who are blessed by finally getting these militant God-haters to crack open a Bible and bringing them into Jesus' arms, you will receive the following...

- One month of no tithing required.
- A free pew upgrade for a year (if you are a Silver Tither, you will get to sit with the Gold Tithers at services. If you are a Platinum Tither, you will get to sit in brand new La-Z-Boy recliners right up by the pastors).
- A coupon for 50% off any entree at Big Bill's Bibles & Burgers with the purchase of another entree of the same value or higher.
- A free haircut at any of my husband Mr. Whitford's barber shops.
- Recognition at the first Sunday service following your winning of the soul for Christ.

Good luck, and GOD BLESS
http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=35819
eccles
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

The Landover Baptist Church

Post by eccles » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:06 am

For anyone who has not heard of these frauds:

The Landover Baptist Church is a fictional[1] Baptist church based in the fictional town of Freehold, Iowa. The Landover Baptist web site and its associated Landoverbaptist.net Forum are a parody of fundamentalist Christianity and the Religious Right in the United States.

The site was created by Chris Harper, who obtained his Master's Degree in English Literature from George Mason University in 1993 after being expelled from Liberty University (founded by Jerry Falwell) in 1989 for producing a satirical radio show which Liberty's administration found offensive. Harper frequently appears at atheist conventions playing the character of "Pastor Deacon Fred Smith". The website is owned by a company called Americhrist, Ltd.

The fictional Landover Baptist Church is a parody of fundamentalist, Independent Baptist churches and Biblical literalism. The church is supposedly located on a 35-acre (140,000 m2) campus in Freehold. The fictitious church grants all authority to its Pastor Deacon Fred Smith, in accordance with its spurious interpretation of Romans 13.

The church claims to have 28 paid pastors, 412 full time staff members, 11 fully-equipped chapels, 7 sanctuaries, a 100,000 seat amphitheater, 12 television studios, 2 radio stations, an academy, a university, 2 gated communities, 27 developments, 3 office parks, as well as a shopping mall, amusement park, golf course, retirement community, foundation, fire and police department, circus camp, resort center, retreat center, and a number of fitness centers, swimming pools, hot springs, and cemeteries.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Official" Web Site http://www.landoverbaptist.org/
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
em hotep

eccles
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by eccles » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:17 am

I just had a look at the Catholic Onlline Forum and found a whole thread http://forum.catholic.org/viewforum.php?f=158 devoted to Cardinal Antonio Canizares Llovera.
He is the Prefect of the Congregtion for Divine Worship and the Discipline of Sacraments. That is the mob given the job of bastardising the Mass. That began with the Ordo Novis Missae replacing the Tridentine Mass. Now they are cooking up a New Mass.

I got onto a Web site run by Mel Gibson's Father, Hutton Gibson who has been very vocal with his objections to the replacing of the true Mass, the Tridentine Mass. I sent him a comment on his Web Site. I also downloaded his book "Is the Pope a Catholic". It is scathing in it's attack on the Novis Ordo. There is reference to a past Cardinal of the Congregtion for Divine Worship and the Discipline of Sacraments, James Robert Cardinal Knox whom I sort of knew when he was Archbishop of Melbourne, Australia. He was appointed to that Congregation by Pope Paul VI especially to wreck the Mass. He was imfamous and hated by the Roman Catholics in Melbourne. He wanted, demanded and got a Eurcharistic Congress for Melbourne in spite of all the strong objections from influential Catholics. He is known to have lost his temper with them, stamped his feet and said that he will have that Congress.

As far as the Mass is concerned, I don't know why the Church did that. All they had to do was let the Tridentine Mass be said in the vernacular.

You might wonder why I, now Atheist care about this. Well it gives me very powerful ammunition in my fight against Christianity and especially the "Holy" Roman Catholic Church.
em hotep