Through the Eyes of the Enemy

General discussions
eccles
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:17 am
Location: Queensland, Australia

A HUMBLE CARDINAL

Post by eccles » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:09 am

How's this for humility in the "Holy" Roman Catholic Church.

Image
em hotep

Image

Robert Tobin Minister, First Church of Atheism (Philidelphia)
"May Your God Go WIth You"
HylandPaddy
Posts: 220
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:17 pm
Location: Co. Donegal

Re: Through the Eyes of the Enemy

Post by HylandPaddy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:40 am

Love the picture, I would also love to be there when they were making it "yeah this is long enough, any longer and it'll just look silly..." :lol:

The all-knowing, all-powerful creator of the universe - who made the lovely spiral arms of galaxies, the intricacies of the human brain, the perfumed petals of flowers and the majestic mountain peaks of Earth is somehow impressed with flowing robes and silly hats? Cop on religion. :roll:
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
-Carl Sagan
eccles
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:17 am
Location: Queensland, Australia

Re: Through the Eyes of the Enemy

Post by eccles » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:50 am

HylandPaddy wrote:Love the picture, I would also love to be there when they were making it "yeah this is long enough, any longer and it'll just look silly..." :lol:

The all-knowing, all-powerful creator of the universe - who made the lovely spiral arms of galaxies, the intricacies of the human brain, the perfumed petals of flowers and the majestic mountain peaks of Earth is somehow impressed with flowing robes and silly hats? Cop on religion. :roll:
Speaking about SILLY HATS. This is known as a Biretta (not the pistol):
Image

The hat is supposed to be worn as in this picture with the single peak facing right. Some Cardinals don't know that and have that peak facing front. At the ceremony at the Vatican to announce the Canonization of the Australia Nun, Mary McKillop, I noticed a Cardinal wearing his Biretta the wrong way. I saw the same thing at Herr Papst Ratslinger's Papal Investure Mass.
em hotep

Image

Robert Tobin Minister, First Church of Atheism (Philidelphia)
"May Your God Go WIth You"
HylandPaddy
Posts: 220
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:17 pm
Location: Co. Donegal

Re: Through the Eyes of the Enemy

Post by HylandPaddy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:11 am

eccles wrote:The hat is supposed to be worn as in this picture with the single peak facing right. Some Cardinals don't know that and have that peak facing front. At the ceremony at the Vatican to announce the Canonization of the Australia Nun, Mary McKillop, I noticed a Cardinal wearing his Biretta the wrong way. I saw the same thing at Herr Papst Ratslinger's Papal Investure Mass.
Oh dear, they must feel even sillier.
But seriously, how do they justify all the extravagence of the RCC? Surely it goes against the teachings of Jesus; to sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor.
Most pious christians mutter nonsenical chantings, go through a weekly pointless ritual and think that they're good people (even more pious ones tell others what to do and threaten them if they don't do it). If you really want to help people get out and do something. It seems religion cares not for the unfortunate of the world but only how many souls they can harvest.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
-Carl Sagan
eccles
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:17 am
Location: Queensland, Australia

Re: Through the Eyes of the Enemy

Post by eccles » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:53 am

HylandPaddy wrote:
eccles wrote:The hat is supposed to be worn as in this picture with the single peak facing right. Some Cardinals don't know that and have that peak facing front. At the ceremony at the Vatican to announce the Canonization of the Australia Nun, Mary McKillop, I noticed a Cardinal wearing his Biretta the wrong way. I saw the same thing at Herr Papst Ratslinger's Papal Investure Mass.
Oh dear, they must feel even sillier.
But seriously, how do they justify all the extravagence of the RCC? Surely it goes against the teachings of Jesus; to sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor.
Most pious christians mutter nonsenical chantings, go through a weekly pointless ritual and think that they're good people (even more pious ones tell others what to do and threaten them if they don't do it). If you really want to help people get out and do something. It seems religion cares not for the unfortunate of the world but only how many souls they can harvest.
There is no connection between the RCC and what it claims Jesus taught. The RCC was founded by Constantine I as the official religion of the Roman Empire.
em hotep

Image

Robert Tobin Minister, First Church of Atheism (Philidelphia)
"May Your God Go WIth You"
Hemingway
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member
Posts: 429
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:42 pm

Re: Through the Eyes of the Enemy

Post by Hemingway » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:11 am

Regens Küchl wrote:Is there anything we can do about them? I realize that persecution comes with being Christian, but this isn't just persecution. It's a concerted effort to promote Satan's religion, atheism, behind our backs!
This line alone stands out for me. This unfortunate individual:
a) thinks atheism is a religion
b) thinks we worship Satan and
c) thinks we are actively trying to promote a belief system of some sort.

This just goes to highlight the fear that religious teachings have instilled within this person. It also shows such a high degree of ignorance, naivety and a lack of education that it beggars belief.

I don’t want to be condescending, but I actually do feel some sympathy for him/her. His/her mindset has been shaped to believe these delusions and he obviously has a notable case of paranoia.

Is this extract taken from an American fundy blog or somewhere closer to home?
Dont try to fix me, I'm not broken
Regens Küchl
Posts: 139
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:19 pm

Re: Through the Eyes of the Enemy

Post by Regens Küchl » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:58 pm

Hemingway wrote: Is this extract taken from an American fundy blog or somewhere closer to home?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapture_Ready
Rapture Ready is an Evangelical Christian site founded by Todd Strandberg as the Rapture Index in 1995 with a change to the current name in 1997. [1] It began as an index of weekly updates posted in newsgroups such as alt.bible.prophecy and alt.christnet.second-coming.real-soon-now. The first data center to host Rapture Ready's news content was an Omaha dial-up service called Hawg Wild.

In 1995, RR's moved to its first web format and was hosted by Novia.net. At the time, RR only had seven articles - today that number is over 18,000.

In 2003, prophecy author Terry James joined the Rapture Ready staff. It is dedicated to the idea that the Rapture will soon occur. Rapture Ready has been featured by the news media, both in the United States and in Europe, in print, such as in Rolling Stone, Newsweek, New York Times, Playboy, on television news channels including CNN, and in Robert Lanham's book The Sinner's Guide to the Evangelical Right.
Said thread there has even more interesting reads :arrow:
http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?114 ... of-Atheism
I was messing around on youtube and found a guy who claims to be "The Amazing Athiest." It was nothing but the same recycled ideas that people have tried to use for centuries. His blaspheming was ridiculous when he equated "Caffenated Donuts" to a reason "G-d cannot exist." I was set back...

The problem is its people like him who have been brazen enough to show their faces that will draw in more of the youth. Such a pity that something that could have been a man made gift to help people became a tool for the wicked. Just another reason the world may have been a better place without the internet.
These sites are satan's greatest successes over any cult he established. Young people discuss Christianity with others, go home and Google for answers, finding nothing but atheist answers. I've never seen such an onslaught
we are obviously in the last battle before the rapture.
You know, I have always wondered what did they do before the Internet? How did they meet, find outlets to attack and spew such venom? How did they communicate with each other? Were they underground? What print material circulated? I have always wonder about that?
I always wondered that too. I would most likely assume it was small scale stuff. Two guys in a bar, and each guy goes his seperate way. Inching its way along and biding its time.
I wanted to come back and post here after remembering this thread. I have an account on IMDb and even before I was saved, I remember atheists bashed Christianity above every religion. When I first became saved, I went on to the "Religion" section of IMDb to look to see if I could witness. I decided not to go back because I felt that the environment of the board just wasn't right. Well, I went back to the board last week because I decided to try to witness there. I witnessed alright, but I remembered why I decided to stay away from the board to begin with; These places are toxic. Literally, toxic. The message board was, and still is, filled with blasphemies, insults towards our God, and all sorts of hate-filled posts towards Christians. I replied in about two threads to try to tell them what it means to truly accept Christ as Lord and Savior, but they just wouldn't listen. I finally just gave up and decided to not go back. I just wanted to at least try to explain to them what being saved truly means, but they have already decided to reject Jesus so I decided that it was pointless to stay. All we can do is pray for them. They are doing a very dangerous thing by not only rejecting our Savior, but blasphemying against Him. I hope some of these people wake up and see what they are doing before it is too late.
What would be funny is if you checked all those atheist sites and found the same 60 people running/posting on all of them.


But we have 40,000 members...... in reality 60 members on, get this; 666 sites. The math just worked out that way.
The same ones are running the different sites
"Severin calls himself a "spiritual atheist." He doesn't believe in God or the supernatural but thinks experiences like meditation or brushes with nature can produce biochemical reactions that feel spiritual."

How many here can guess what spirit this man is feeling?

Many prayers going up for these lost souls. Please Lord open their eyes to Your FREE GIFT of salvation!!!
It is sad. I worry that my children's generation is the generation of the atheist.
As soon as you are asked to support your non-belief with reasoning faith comes into play. You must believe you don't believe and that requires faith.
Atheists compose a world that does not really exist, and receive reinforcements from other atheists to build up their defense, but it's artificial, and once the walls come down, they need to hope they still have a chance to escape to the other side
When that faith is atheism, rationalizations and strawmen become a weak defense of non-belief. Atheists must believe their non-belief and have faith in that non-belief if they wish to be taken seriously. When their faith is challenged and their beliefs begin to erode, the intellectually honest will begin to see the Truth. The intellectually dishonest are doomed.
My point is not very hard to grasp at all yet you still seem to have trouble with the concept.
True atheists must believe in a non-belief in and of God in order to fit the definition of a true atheist. That belief requires faith.

What is nonsensical is to not believe in God.
mkaobrih
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1601
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:48 pm

Re: Through the Eyes of the Enemy

Post by mkaobrih » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:03 pm

Too many quotes :?
The church complains of persecution when it's not allowed to persecute.
Post Reply