Stop A Christian Their Tracks

General discussions
FreeHugs

Stop A Christian Their Tracks

Post by FreeHugs » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:44 pm

I'll try and start a topic here of everyone's favorite way, using some logic and some seemingly not-so-common sense, to dumbfound any Christian or indeed anyone that believes in any type of fairies.

Highest points go for the shortest and most undeniable questions you could ask :D

One of my favorite questions to ask is, Do animals go to heaven too?
If they answer yes - So anything without a conscience or recognition of your God can get into the heaven you are told you need to do good for, for your entire life?
If they answer no - What is the difference between a fetus or a unbaptized baby and a cat/dog in the eyes of your God? Do they too have no where to go if their life is ended?

Or was Mary, supposedly the only person born without original sin, a sinner by being Jewish? Christian churches usually argue that anyone not part of their church is not "doing it right".

Have fun :)
Jerry

Re: Stop A Christian Their Tracks

Post by Jerry » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:35 am

FreeHugs wrote:I'll try and start a topic here of everyone's favorite way, using some logic and some seemingly not-so-common sense, to dumbfound any Christian or indeed anyone that believes in any type of fairies.

Highest points go for the shortest and most undeniable questions you could ask :D
Pft, if you think you got it, bring it.
FreeHugs wrote:One of my favorite questions to ask is, Do animals go to heaven too?
If they have souls, that is, if there's something to go to heaven, then yes.
FreeHugs wrote: If they answer yes - So anything without a conscience or recognition of your God can get into the heaven you are told you need to do good for, for your entire life?
False premise. Animals do, in fact, have a conscience. Evidence shows that animals experience the whole range of emotion and are capable of logical reasoning.
FreeHugs wrote: If they answer yes - So anything without a conscience or recognition of your God can get into the heaven you are told you need to do good for, for your entire life?
That is correct. Faith and belief do not make a person righteous and worthy of eternal life. Anyone who follows the law written in their heart will be declared righteous on the day of judgment.

The moral atheist is more righteous than the immoral 'believer' in the eyes of God.

It is not generally accepted that animals know the difference between right and wrong as humans do, therefore it would be nearly unheard of for an animal to go against the laws it is subject to. Those laws being significantly less than of humans, of course, as we know the difference between right and wrong.

Now go back and Google up another silly challenge :lol:
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear."
~~Thomas Jefferson
liambo1

Post by liambo1 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:10 am

heres how to stop an atheist or monkey kids as i like to call you all..

WHY CAN'T SCIENTISTS CREATE A NEW NOT COPIED, INDEPENDENTLY VIABLE, MULTIPLYING, SELF REPAIRING ,EVOLVING, LIVING CELL THEY DID SAY IT HAPPENNED ON ITS OWN SEVERAL BILLION TIMES --

DO THEY NOT HAVE THE MAGIC TOUCH

God bless
ctr
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by ctr » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:03 pm

Can I be an Ape kid?? Like a bonobo? They are the Ape equivalent of the Hippy and as well as having a violence free equal society they also enjoy lots of guilt free sex....YEA!
Each of us is here on earth for a reason, and each of us has a special mission to carry out - Maria Shriver
liambo1

Post by liambo1 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:54 pm

no your a monkey

as for having a violence free equal society 1 word communism in europe it was a great example of atheism no forgetting the good old atheist nazis between them around 100 million murders great examples dummy of free equal societies .
bipedalhumanoid

Post by bipedalhumanoid » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:09 pm

liambo1 wrote:
WHY CAN'T SCIENTISTS CREATE A NEW NOT COPIED, INDEPENDENTLY VIABLE, MULTIPLYING, SELF REPAIRING ,EVOLVING, LIVING CELL THEY DID SAY IT HAPPENNED ON ITS OWN SEVERAL BILLION TIMES --
There is so much wrong with this question that it beggars belief (even if you ignore the absence of any lower case letters or a question mark).

[*]I'm not aware of anyone other than you suggesting that an uncopied cell has come into existence more than once. All cells that we know of use the replicators DNA and RNA. DNA evolved from RNA so despite having two replicators, all indications point to life beginning once and only once on earth.
[*]Your question would make more sense if you were talking about the first self replicating molecules, rather than a cell, given that the origin of the first living cell is thought to be found in such molecules.
[*]Your question is an argument from ignorance as you seem to be implying that if science can't explain the origin of life that it gives some kind of credence to your god theory. It does not. If science hasn't yet or cannot provide an explanation that simply means that we don't know. It is not an excuse to invoke a magical non-explanation.

In any case, the answer to your question is quite simple. It's because it's an extremely difficult thing to do and they haven't figured out how to do it yet. They may or may not figure it out in the future and whether they do or not lends absolutely no credence to your god theory.
Last edited by bipedalhumanoid on Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The fact of your own existence is the most astonishing fact you will ever have to face. Don’t you ever get used to it." - Richard Dawkins... being shrill and offensive again I suppose.
FreeHugs

Post by FreeHugs » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:11 pm

Oh noes, they're here, there goes any hope of a readable thread :(

@ Jerry,

Conscience probably wasn't the right word for me to use in that sentence. What I meant was the difference between right and wrong.
The moral atheist is more righteous than the immoral 'believer' in the eyes of God.
Its pretty easy to mold superstition and your belief in just about anything you want, without any hint of evidence :wink:

But fair enough, you answered according to your belief.

@ liambo1 First Post

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 171023.htm
I admit, I had a lol when I saw how this exactly answered your question :lol:
Be careful though, its a science site!

@ liambo1 Second Post

Hitler was raised and baptized as Roman Catholic
Hitler was a an altar boy in the Catholic Church.
Hitler was NEVER excommunicated nor condemned by his church. Matter of fact the Church felt he was JUST and “avenging for God” in attacking the Jews for they deemed the Semites the killers of Jesus.
The Nazi regime included anti-Semitic Christian writings in textbooks and they were not removed from Christian doctrines until 1961.
I could keep going with this, I took actually history in school :)

Oh and I almost forgot this beauty -
"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God’s truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow my self to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice… And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows . For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people." –Adolf Hitler, in a speech on 12 April 1922.

You might want to do a little research before you make such accusations, it might just go back in your face :wink:
eccles
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by eccles » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:35 pm

I'm glad that little matter about Hitler being a Roman Catholic has been cleared up. I've know about that for a long time.
Belief in "God" was very important for the 3rd Reich. My late uncle served in Egypt in WWII as one of the famous "Rats of Tobruk" One of the war souvenirs he brought back was a German Military belt. On the buckle were the words Gott Mit Uns: God with us. I wish I had that belt.
em hotep

Robert Tobin Minister, First Church of Atheism (Philidelphia)
"May Your God Go WIth You"
fai

Post by fai » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:12 pm

"do you believe in Yahweh/Allah the god of genocide?"
the biggest self contradiction there is IMO.
[youtube]Uh2uHv2D_7U[/youtube]
Jerry

Post by Jerry » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:14 pm

FreeHugs wrote: Its pretty easy to mold superstition and your belief in just about anything you want, without any hint of evidence :wink:

But fair enough, you answered according to your belief.
That's all you asked for :)
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear."
~~Thomas Jefferson