Proof that Evolution is Wrong!

General discussions
Mcampbell

Proof that Evolution is Wrong!

Post by Mcampbell » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:29 pm

Dont worry guys, im not one of those!
But im am having alittle meltdown atm. Please let me explain cause i think i have fried my own brain here, if so, it is my own fault.
Everyone Familiar with the Newspaper Alive! http://www.alive.ie?
Well it gets put through my door very regularly even though I have asked them to stop many times. It doesnt even burn well! And we dont have a dog or cat so it really serves no purpose.

Today, upon returning home with my wife and son from shopping I discoverd it in the door again!
Being in a strange mood I decided to read it, as I have done afew time for a laugh or two. {sometimes those Xtians can cause a right stir} lol.
There is an Article or rather a short section by a woman named Anne Nolan on the Youth Forum.
Did the rest of you know that all evolution is wrong, and Ann and the pope have it correct?
Their proof? Check out the article as follows {this is a direct typed quote, check the paper if you can find one} :

The Fish Grew Legs and started walking

Sam Sparro will release his second album in the next few weeks.
'Black and Gold', his debut single hit number 5 in the irish singles chart and No.2in the UK.
The lyrics of B&G are cool.
More like a statement of religious faith, or a prayer. When sparro wrote them thing were fairly black for himself.
He begins:"if the fish swam out of the ocean, and grew legs and started walking, and the apes climed down from the trees, and grew tall and they started talking...Now I'm looking for a reason why you even set my world in motion."
Sparro's obviously not impressed with the dumb claim that evolution explains why we're here. In fact, he's singing from the same song sheet as Pope B16. On his very first outing as pope, Benedict said: " We are not some casual and meaningless product of evolution. Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed, each of us is loved, each of us is necessary".

Important

The Pope sure makes you and me sound very important to god. Worth thinking about.
Sparro goes on: "Cause if you're not really here, then the stars don't even matter,
Now im filled to the top with fear, but it's all just a bunch of matter."
Yep, if gods not really here, If we have no soul, that's all we are, " a bunch of matter."
A littlew pile of clay, No Deal.
I'll go for B16's take on us.
Or as Sparro says. "cause if your not really here, then i dont want to be either, i wanna be next to you, Black and Gold."
Isn't that what our whole life is about: being next to god? Let's go for it.

END

Well that is Anne Nolan's little tid bit! I checked out the youtube video just in case and I honestly cant see how you could even think the song is actually about god, but that is only part of my issue with this whole thing. Too many people are buying into this propaganda! And maybe its cause im still young enough {26 still counts as young these days right?} I really do fail to see how people can be this ignorant and stupid in the country I love so much! I really thought we had begun to get past all this nonsense. I am aware of the state of the country and keep up with the news such as it is but reading such things really makes me feel like it's one step forward then GET BACK to the END of the LINE!
Where are we going? I thought/hoped the youth were meant to be getting smarter and more intelligent. Am i wrong?
Whats going on and where are we going?
Help anyone?!?!?! ( and no thats no to Jeebus!)
Rev j.jones

Re: Proof that Evolution is Wrong!

Post by Rev j.jones » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:57 pm

"ignorance is bliss" seems to be the motto nowadays
"The Meek a'int gonna inherit shit"
"I've got a hell of a lot of weapons to fight! I got my claws, I got cutlasses, I got guns, I got dynamite, I got a hell of a lot of fight! I will fight!" Rev Jones cured religion for 950 americans.
Regens Küchl

Post by Regens Küchl » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:43 pm

Oh a catholic newspaper, for some reason I had thougt at first it were evangelical.
The headline : Experts say kids need �tough love�

is close to something I read recently in an evangelical pamphlet.

This means put in other words : Parents please abuse your children!

Here are a few sentences from the end of the aticle, Motto is : "Stop being friends with your children!"
. . .
Being a progressive, hands-on dad, it seems, is not all it is cracked up to be. Research has found that while �co-parenting� has benefits it leads to more arguments and conflict in marriage.

These dads are also confused about discipline, weaker at setting and enforcing rules and inconsistent in applying them.

And they rate their families as not functioning as well as do traditional fathers where sex roles are more defined with the father as the main earner/protector and the mother the main nurturer.

�We need to take back our authority, stop being friends with our children, and re-think everything we thought we knew about what�s best for them, and for society in general,� said Rice.

:evil:
And you think, Threadopener, that this papers propaganda sits well with many people?

I think the catholic church knows it gets weaker everyday and generally it has taken on a slimy slithery way of holding his herd in check.
Some conservative people may like this conservative paper which enforces Child Abuse in the name of the catholic church.

The catholic church knows it must try everything, even try to copy evangelical agendas :mrgreen:
Mcampbell

Post by Mcampbell » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:00 pm

Well thank his flying noodley goodness im not going completely mad.
Im from a small town in the west you see, and while there are afew people here who share similar ideals as myself in this place most people act in a similar fashion to how this paper reads.
Scares me sometimes, just needing alittle reassurance that im not mad and that this trash isint normal!
:)
thanks for the replies guys.
inedifix

Post by inedifix » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:05 am

Ahh... the Argument from Wishful Thinking.

P1: Having an eternal soul sounds lovelier than being one of the most evolutionarily complex arrangements of matter and energy known to exist.
P2: Therefore god exists.

I doubt many people take it seriously. Or at least I hope they don't :shock:
Mcampbell wrote:Well it gets put through my door very regularly even though I have asked them to stop many times. It doesnt even burn well! And we dont have a dog or cat so it really serves no purpose.
Do you have a shredder? If so, you could shred them, stuff the shreddings in an envelope, and keep posting them back to Alive with a cover note explaining that you'll stop with your litter when then stop with theirs. Better yet, collect a year's worth of shreddings, then the next time you're up in Dublin, stuff the lot through their letterbox after business hours.

J
“What we call chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized. What we call random is just patterns we can't decipher. What we can't understand we call nonsense. There is no free will. There are no variables. There is only the inevitable.” Chuck Palahniuk
eccles
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by eccles » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:34 am

inedifix wrote:Ahh... the Argument from Wishful Thinking.

P1: Having an eternal soul sounds lovelier than being one of the most evolutionarily complex arrangements of matter and energy known to exist.
P2: Therefore god exists.

I doubt many people take it seriously. Or at least I hope they don't :shock:
Mcampbell wrote:Well it gets put through my door very regularly even though I have asked them to stop many times. It doesnt even burn well! And we dont have a dog or cat so it really serves no purpose.
Do you have a shredder? If so, you could shred them, stuff the shreddings in an envelope, and keep posting them back to Alive with a cover note explaining that you'll stop with your litter when then stop with theirs. Better yet, collect a year's worth of shreddings, then the next time you're up in Dublin, stuff the lot through their letterbox after business hours.

J
And include a plastic bag of SHIT
em hotep

Robert Tobin Minister, First Church of Atheism (Philidelphia)
"May Your God Go WIth You"
ctr
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by ctr » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:03 am

To be fair most Catholics I know,inc. my 80 year old mother, think Alive is written by nut-jobs. She has tried to stop it getting put through her letterbox also but to no avail.

It is so bad mainstream RCs won't touch them.

Wait till we get our long promised, and very necessary, children rights referendum and these slimy cloud heads will be out telling us how it is an attack on marriage and the family. Just wait and and see.

Thankfully I can confidentially predict they will be ignored.
Last edited by ctr on Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Each of us is here on earth for a reason, and each of us has a special mission to carry out - Maria Shriver
funkyderek

Post by funkyderek » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:42 am

He begins:"if the fish swam out of the ocean, and grew legs and started walking, and the apes climed down from the trees, and grew tall and they started talking...Now I'm looking for a reason why you even set my world in motion."
Sparro's obviously not impressed with the dumb claim that evolution explains why we're here.
Isn't that a bit like saying Vanessa Williams doesn't subscribe to the theory of heliocentrism? Maybe extrapolating beliefs about science from pop lyrics is not such a good idea.
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

Image Image Image Image
bipedalhumanoid

Post by bipedalhumanoid » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:54 am

Don't forget this dimwitted propaganda rag enjoys charitable status!
http://www.alive.ie/donations.php wrote:Alive! is a registered charity.

If you are a PAYE worker and donate a total of €250 to us in a year we can reclaim your tax.

If you are in business you can reclaim it.
You can let them know how much you appreciate their contribution to the sess pool of ignorance here...
Alive!,
St Mary's Priory,
Tallaght Village,
Dublin 24,
Ireland.
"The fact of your own existence is the most astonishing fact you will ever have to face. Don’t you ever get used to it." - Richard Dawkins... being shrill and offensive again I suppose.
Regens Küchl

Post by Regens Küchl » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:22 pm

Proof that Evolution is Wrong you seek :?:

Try Dr. Kent Hovinds dissertation :wink: You can download it here :arrow:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=STERW274
Wikipedia wrote:
In 1988 and 1991 respectively, Hovind was awarded a master's degree and doctorate in Christian Education through correspondence from the non-accredited Patriot University in Colorado Springs, Colorado (now Patriot Bible University in Del Norte, Colorado which no longer offers this program).http://www.yecheadquarters.org/kent_hovind.html
Dr. Kent hovind in action - a mustread :mrgreen:
http://www.skepticfriends.org/forum/sho ... =46&page=3