Richard Dawkins unleashes tirade against fans

General discussions
Logorrhea

Re: Richard Dawkins unleashes tirade against fans

Post by Logorrhea » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:15 pm

bipedalhumanoid wrote:
Logorrhea wrote:
funkyderek wrote: Yes, there's something missing. The community that until a few days ago was a significant part of their lives. To have that ripped away without warning, to have all contact with friends completely severed, to have years worth of communication lost forever, could be very upsetting.
Is it just me or does anyone else find the above statement a little scary? Surely if people really feel that way then removing the forum is probably doing them a service.
You probably feel that way because you don't live in the Bible belt. Not everyone has access to a community of like minded people. I can understand why non-believers who live in areas where the majority of people find that sense of community at their local churches might feel alienated. The statement is not scary, it is sad and it is a reality for a hell of a lot of people. A lot of these people felt liberated by the RD forum and now it's gone.
Good point. Didnt think about it that way. Still think its a massive overreaction but this explains a good bit of it alright.
Last edited by Logorrhea on Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Being correct is what makes me correct"

Atheist.ie member
Jan Hari

Re: Richard Dawkins unleashes tirade against fans

Post by Jan Hari » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:38 pm

mbbee richie is losin it :lol: