could the real muslims please stand up? please stand up.

General discussions
funkyderek
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 373
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:54 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Contact:

Re: could the real muslims please stand up? please stand up.

Post by funkyderek » Fri May 14, 2010 8:47 am

Rev j.jones wrote:ps. stop the personal attacks I'm better at it.
:lol:

There's an interesting discussion on something known as the Dunning-Kruger effect here: http://www.boingboing.net/2010/05/12/co ... peopl.html
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

Image

Image Image Image Image
Dev
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member
Posts: 914
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:10 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: could the real muslims please stand up? please stand up.

Post by Dev » Fri May 14, 2010 1:13 pm

funkyderek wrote:
Rev j.jones wrote:ps. stop the personal attacks I'm better at it.
:lol:

There's an interesting discussion on something known as the Dunning-Kruger effect here: http://www.boingboing.net/2010/05/12/co ... peopl.html
I find the wikipedia entry offers a better explanation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2 ... ger_effect
funkyderek
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 373
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:54 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Contact:

Re: could the real muslims please stand up? please stand up.

Post by funkyderek » Fri May 14, 2010 1:38 pm

Dev wrote:I find the wikipedia entry offers a better explanation.
Sure, but the good Rev dismisses Wikipedia as "a self appointed authority on nothing".

If we could only get him to understand that he doesn't understand...
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

Image

Image Image Image Image
Bik
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member
Posts: 637
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:02 pm
Location: Baile Átha Cliath

Re: could the real muslims please stand up? please stand up.

Post by Bik » Fri May 14, 2010 3:54 pm

God doesn't appear to be a muslim either
Ayatollah Ahmad Jannati, another prominent hard-line cleric, urged Iranians last month to give alms and pray for forgiveness to prevent earthquakes.

Hours later, four small earthquakes struck different corners of Iran.
http://breakingnews.ie/world/god-is-let ... 57661.html

That should please the good Reverend.
"Prayer has no place in the public schools, just like facts have no place in organized religion." Superintendent Chalmers
munsterdevil
Posts: 737
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:23 pm

Re: could the real muslims please stand up? please stand up.

Post by munsterdevil » Fri May 14, 2010 6:44 pm

Rev j.jones wrote:Munster: only a cop or solicior could have the neck to hold their head up after having their ass handed to them so many times by the same man, yer not smart enough to be a solicitor loveen.
Really, could you direct me as to where I have had my ass handed to me by you (the same man)
I have asked you repeatedly to stop "stating my position for me", have you the faculty to argue any other way or is this the bleeding edge of your intelligence.
Your position is a troll, end of.
You should also be aware that its not just my position you have a propensity for stating. Is it that you assume we are thicker than you or is it your training?
Could you also direct me as to where I have stated other people's positions for them?
are you actually a muslim or is it just your lame sence of humour?
Are you really an atheist I think is the question most people want to know.
I have already stated my lifestyle choice (see introductions), if you have some evidence that contradicts this please share it.
Your exact headline for your introduction was "advance warning of a nut in your midsts" that would be true if you were genuine, but you are just a troll.
what am I "upto"? I'll assume you meant on this website and not in general. Have a look at the top of the page, see where it says "free from superstition and supernaturalism". thats what I'm "upto" be sure of it, be damn sure of it, my will be done.
Pity it didn't say "free from trolls"
Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying. Arthur C. Clarke
HylandPaddy
Posts: 220
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:17 pm
Location: Co. Donegal

Re: could the real muslims please stand up? please stand up.

Post by HylandPaddy » Fri May 14, 2010 9:01 pm

Rev j.jones wrote:Mkaobrit: my point is obvious, if you don't understand what it is, your in no position to comment on it.
Well I think that your point obviously isn't obvious otherwise we'd all know what your actual bloody point is.
funkyderek wrote:There's an interesting discussion on something known as the Dunning-Kruger effect...
So basically, the stupid are too stupid to realise that they're stupid. I'm liking it.

Of course, I don't suffer from this effect...or I would of realised it.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
-Carl Sagan
nozzferrahhtoo
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member
Posts: 1140
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 8:17 am

Re: could the real muslims please stand up? please stand up.

Post by nozzferrahhtoo » Fri May 14, 2010 9:22 pm

The depressing thing is Rev could be a genius.

But his combined inability to articulate what it is he is talking about, coupled with his unwillingness to even try, just kills his point.

It is not that I think he is weird, or wrong, or useless.... I just literally have no idea where he is coming from or what he is trying to tell us. None at all.

And alas every combined failure of him to articulate and us to understand just leads to him getting steadily more pointlessly aggressive.

No one is going to win here. No one.
Rev j.jones
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: could the real muslims please stand up? please stand up.

Post by Rev j.jones » Sun May 16, 2010 5:43 am

I asked reasonably nicely for the personal attacks to stop, but thats fine, they won't stop.


Bik: you still have not provided a link to the alleged flag you are using in your avatar. The links you have provided do not depict the flag that you are using.

the explanation for your username is unbelieveable, the amount of Guiness you alege you drink is irelevant apart from the fact that Ihave never heard an Irishman put it quite that way.

The reason that gods do not appear to be muslim is beacuse gods do not exist, it has nothing to do with the pro muslim anti- west article you linked to.

try this link http://www.jihadwatch.org/2010/03/tarek ... e-are.html

do you think its ok for a 24 year old to marry a 10 year old as khomeini did?
do you think its ok for a 57 year old to marry a 6 year old as mohammed?

Funky Racist: I'm delighted you have diagnosed your problem, i'm sure your half way to a cure now, unfortunately the every dick has a red top issue your having will prove a little harder cured.

Did you send your condolences to Eamon Dunphy's family on his death, as reported on wikipedia.
what is it that you think I don't understand?


Munster:
munsterdevil wrote:could you direct me as to where I have had my ass
typical Irish cop couldn't find his ass with both his hands.

Have a look at the thread on the death penalty, your ass remains in my out streched hand, but because you don't read posts properly before you respond you can't see it.
munsterdevil wrote:Really, could you direct me as to where I have had my ass handed to me by you (the same man)
I believe you can check any other thread that we have interacted on to demonstrate what you ask although this one does just fine.

troll smoll

you use "we" regularly when stating positions,

I'm not an atheist, I'm an anti theist, a realist

It does say no trolls, somewhere.

" A fool who knows he's a fool has some chance, a fool who doesn't know he's a fool has no chance at all, I heard it 20 years ago, long before Dunning-Kruger or wiki. How did such a succint sentence escape all the "smartasses" for twenty years.

enough all of you, its been two weeks since I posted this thread, its time to get back on topic. if you have a problem with that fuck off somwhere else.
"The Meek a'int gonna inherit shit"
"I've got a hell of a lot of weapons to fight! I got my claws, I got cutlasses, I got guns, I got dynamite, I got a hell of a lot of fight! I will fight!" Rev Jones cured religion for 950 americans.
Rev j.jones
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: could the real muslims please stand up? please stand up.

Post by Rev j.jones » Sun May 16, 2010 6:20 am

The topic

could the real muslims please stand up? please stand up.

The point was to have a debate with a muslim, on the fact that islam encourages paedophilia by descrbing its head paedophile as the perfect man.

This thread has had 350 views over two weeks and not one muslim had the courage to raise his hand, they failed their profiteer.
islam presents one face to the west and another to each other, islam encourages two facedness,

I did not expect a single response to this thread except possibly from muslims with a spine,

muslims are observing this website:

http://mpac.ie/2010/01/04/atheist-irela ... religious/

Come out and fight Egan ya perverted, chicken shit. pwoc pwoc, or noonan ya fat letcherous fuck.

keep looking to the sky for yere heros lads because they certainly aint none walking round here
"The Meek a'int gonna inherit shit"
"I've got a hell of a lot of weapons to fight! I got my claws, I got cutlasses, I got guns, I got dynamite, I got a hell of a lot of fight! I will fight!" Rev Jones cured religion for 950 americans.
Ygern
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member
Posts: 3003
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:02 pm
Location: Cork
Contact:

Re: could the real muslims please stand up? please stand up.

Post by Ygern » Sun May 16, 2010 10:02 am

Rev, if you really want to talk to Muslims have the courage of your convictions and go to their sites.
Why the hell should they sign up to this forum just to talk to you?
Especially when you have shown that you are 90% bluster & abuse.
The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time ~ Lawrence Krauss
Cork Skeptics
Post Reply