Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 15
FXR

Vote for Ray D'Arcy

Post by FXR » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:46 pm

I’ve just heard a few days ago Ray D'Arcy live on TodayFM said he does not believe in God. Apparently Gareth O’Callaghan that ex RTE buffoon said in a statement Ray should keep his opinions to himself. He also said Ray's remarks show a level of inhumanity and recklessness.

WHAT? :shock:

This is Gareth who used to work for a station which is festered with religious programmes including the Angelus every night.

I'd suggest we give Ray the Hello! Reality Calling Award for Supporting Reality in Public Life..

The Hello! Reality Calling Award is given to individuals in public life who support reality and thereby help to combat ignorance and superstition.

Congratulations Ray.

(And the Get Stuffed you Deluded Moron Award goes to Gareth O’Callaghan.)

I'd suggest sending Ray as much congratulations as possible since this kind of thing is only to be encouraged.

ray@todayfm.com
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
bipedalhumanoid

Re: Vote for Ray D'Arcy

Post by bipedalhumanoid » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:53 pm

FXR wrote:I’ve just heard a few days ago Ray D'Arcy live on TodayFM said he does not believe in God. Apparently Gareth O’Callaghan that ex RTE buffoon said in a statement Ray should keep his opinions to himself. He also said Ray's remarks show a level of inhumanity and recklessness.

WHAT? :shock:

This is Gareth who used to work for a station which is festered with religious programmes including the Angelus every night.

I'd suggest we give Ray the Hello! Reality Calling Award for Supporting Reality in Public Life..

The Hello! Reality Calling Award is given to individuals in public life who support reality and thereby help to combat ignorance and superstition.

Congratulations Ray.

(And the Get Stuffed you Deluded Moron Award goes to Gareth O’Callaghan.)

I'd suggest sending Ray as much congratulations as possible since this kind of thing is only to be encouraged.

ray@todayfm.com
An expression of belief is perfecly ok but an expression of non-belief is an opinion one should keep to ones self. One good thing about not being the type of atheist who runs around saying people have to say 'happy holidays' is that I can take the moral high ground on an issue like this. I hope we never become that petty.
FXR

Post by FXR » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:29 pm

If all the Gawd followers kept their opinions to themselves we'e be in a much better world.
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
Pidge

Post by Pidge » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:21 pm

Does anyone have a link for this? I'd be interested to read the actual statement.
FXR

Post by FXR » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:25 pm

Pidge wrote:Does anyone have a link for this? I'd be interested to read the actual statement.
I only happend to pick up the Evening Herald from yesterday 25/4/07 and noticed two letters of support in the Your View. They both basically told O'Callaghan where to go. Thats all I know but you could still send Ray an email. I can imagine all the crawthumpers who will be getting on to him.
bipedalhumanoid

Post by bipedalhumanoid » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:43 am

FXR wrote:If all the Gawd followers kept their opinions to themselves we'e be in a much better world.
True but oppressing their opinions isn't the way to go. Freedom of speech should work to our benefit anyway. The god hypothesis doesn't stand a chance if pit against the harch reality of... reality.
FXR

Post by FXR » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:49 pm

bipedalhumanoid wrote:
True but oppressing their opinions isn't the way to go. Freedom of speech should work to our benefit anyway. The god hypothesis doesn't stand a chance if pit against the harch reality of... reality.
I was pointing out the hypocricy of O'Callaghan telling Ray he should keep his opinions to himself. Far as I'm concerned the more information there is out their about the kind of drivel they talk the better.

The fires of hell are real: sure
Limbo being cancelled: sure
The AnitChrist might be a pacifist enviromentalists...Sure any thing you say!
Last edited by FXR on Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bipedalhumanoid

Post by bipedalhumanoid » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:32 pm

I just emailed Ray Darcy. Short and sweet...

Hello Ray,

Good job exposing the hypocrisy in our society and for having the courage to state publicly that you don’t believe in god. I wonder if Gareth O’Callaghan would be as upset over an expression of belief… what a hypocrite.

I’ll have to start listening to today fm. I’m getting tired of the constant religious connotations on Newstalk!

Cheers,

Me
divil_a_bit

Post by divil_a_bit » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:01 pm

I found an article on what Gareth O’Callaghan said about Ray:
http://www.citizens1st.com/story.asp?idstr=105505402
tony

Post by tony » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:24 pm

O'Callaghan said: "Maybe it's not trendy today to believe in a God in some shape or form. He said recently on his radio show that he didn't believe in God.

"That's fine by me but he should keep his beliefs - or 'non- beliefs' - to himself, particularly when he's dancing barefoot on a subject that still forms the cultural tapestry of who we are."

Cultural tapestry my arse. We are an abused nation.

O'Callaghan said much of D'Arcy's audience was made up of impressionable young people.

It just goes to show how blind people can be when they make statements like this. Of course he will be backed up by the majority. Primary school children are the most impressionable and thats when the Church gets at their minds. Complete abuse. Nationally accepted but not recognised as abuse. As long as the church controls primary schools they will ensure their own survival.

Well done to Ray Darcy. He might start raising awareness. He chips away all the time on the radio. At least he has balls. O'Callaghan is a complete langer.