Post by lostexpectation » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:32 am

updated http://www.freewebs.com/dublinstreams/i ... eaflet.gif

bond is bit shakey ain't it
test
JH
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by JH » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:08 am

You're gonna hate me for this. But 4th line up from the bottom; 'curch' / 'church' :)

Nice work on the leaflet, great idea, and thanks for putting all the effort in.
lostexpectation

Post by lostexpectation » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:09 pm

fixed again, i have this thing where i read something to check it and in my head its right. :roll: i know there still some punctuation mistakes.
Last edited by lostexpectation on Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
test
Ygern
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Ygern » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:07 pm

lostexpectation wrote:fixed again, i have this thing where i read something to check it and in my head its right. :roll:
I think that's pretty normal... I sometimes have to re-type what I post 3 times, its so poorly written :oops: That's why I prefer to type longer posts or articles in Word so that I can spell check them before I post.
eoin
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: De-Baptism

Post by eoin » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:33 pm

Hi all

I officially left the Catholic Church years ago - it is a sort of "de-baptism" process (a note is put next to your entry in the baptismal register to say that you have now left the church). The process is called a Formal Act of Defection, and the first step is to write to your local bishop requesting this.

Eoin
FXR

Post by FXR » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:27 am

eoin wrote:Hi all

I officially left the Catholic Church years ago - it is a sort of "de-baptism" process (a note is put next to your entry in the baptismal register to say that you have now left the church). The process is called a Formal Act of Defection, and the first step is to write to your local bishop requesting this.

Eoin

I am still of the opinion that one should not request permission but write with a threat of action. Personally I feel I should not ask for permission to leave the CCl, thereby imparting some authorithy to the irrational malcontents, but threaten the insidious and corrupt anti human organisation with legal action simply for having the cheek to include me on record and in doing so therefore link me by association with their blood-soaked anti human history.

Writing to the Catholic Church for official confirmation from the Catholic Church to no longer be allowed to be considered a Catholic by their remit, is like asking the local witch doctors for a certificate that says you are excluded from living according to breaking chickens wishbones for an indication of the future.

There is nothing to be excluded from only the case on hand of letting the record show you object to being counted as an irrational twit.
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
eoin
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by eoin » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:51 am

Hi FXR

Thanks for responding to this.

I wouldn't have been requesting permission, just requesting that they cancel my entry in the baptismal record, since I had never agreed to have it there, and never would have. If they had responded in any way that implied they had any say in the matter, rather than it just being my choice, I certainly would have taken action.

Cheers

Eoin
mkaobrih

Post by mkaobrih » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:21 am

Well when I did it - It wasn’t because I was requesting permission from them, more like I was telling the catholic church that I did not want to be counted as one of them - as their records showed.
The church complains of persecution when it's not allowed to persecute.
Caca

Post by Caca » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:03 pm

FXR wrote:
divil_a_bit wrote:

There are no voluntary catholics.
Except for Tony Blair.
It seems rather pointless. The fact that most of us are baptised Catholics cannot be held against us in a rational debate as the rite is performed at an age when sitting up is still a challenge. So it just seems like a petty way of p&*@ing off ones parents!

The Mormons will get to you eventually anyway; whether you like it or not! :) (Bastards)
"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members."
lostexpectation

Post by lostexpectation » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:05 pm

i've yet to see anyone express any strong ill-feeling towards there parents on any debpatism thread, its mostly directed the the church who continue to claim you.
test