mkaobrih

Post by mkaobrih » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:49 pm

The fuckers
FXR

Post by FXR » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:51 pm

tony wrote:See this document on ACTUS FORMALIS DEFECTIONIS
AB ECCLESIA CATHOLICA. http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/ponti ... is_en.html

Extract
7. It remains clear, in any event, that the sacramental bond of belonging to the Body of Christ that is the Church, conferred by the baptismal character, is an ontological and permanent bond which is not lost by reason of any act or fact of defection.
There is no escape.
Typical! The same type of foggy meaningless shite devised to intimidate medieval peasants. You can go but we still have you! wooooooooooo
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
adamd164
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by adamd164 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:54 pm

Sorry I'm not up to speed on this, does one simply write to the local parish priest declaring the fact that they have wish to formally defect?
mkaobrih

Post by mkaobrih » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:17 pm

adamd164 wrote:Sorry I'm not up to speed on this, does one simply write to the local parish priest declaring the fact that they have wish to formally defect?
Write to your local bishop. He will inform the pp. then write to your pp for confermation.
FXR

Post by FXR » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:21 pm

I'm still in two minds about this. It must certainly have an effect on the clerics every time someone basically says: stuff your superstitions, I'm not in your club and I'm making it official.

On the other hand asking some bunch of nutters to release me from a club I was never a member of in the first place (except in their tiny minds) seems unnecessary. I'd be more inclined to take the approach of instructing them by solicitor’s letter to disassociate my name from their history of abuse or be brought to court. I'd rather tell them than they tell me. If one could engineer the situation into a high profile court case it would be possible to drag their entire blood soaked history into the public eye.

Either way everyone who has gone to the trouble of deregistering should be congratulated for their courage.

The turning tide follows the first wave.
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
tony

Post by tony » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:18 pm

FXR wrote: It must certainly have an effect on the clerics every time someone basically says: stuff your superstitions, I'm not in your club and I'm making it official.

Either way everyone who has gone to the trouble of deregistering should be congratulated for their courage.

I intend to go ahead and defect. I want to make it official. I want to disassociate myself with that organisation completely.
FXR

Post by FXR » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:27 pm

tony wrote:
FXR wrote: It must certainly have an effect on the clerics every time someone basically says: stuff your superstitions, I'm not in your club and I'm making it official.

I intend to go ahead and defect. I want to make it official. I want to disassociate myself with that organisation completely.
I think I'll get on it in January. At least hopefully it will mean they can't have my corpse to play with when I die.
mkaobrih

Post by mkaobrih » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:04 am

I suppose what really pisses me off if not being taken seriously. If some one says to me “yes - yes I know” and then railroads over what I have previously stated – that drives me nuts. My Mam and my Mother In Law do it constantly, a fact that I will have to live with. But when the Catholic Church ignores what I have stated and in fact re-states the opposite of what I have stated, I just want to scream, “I am not a member of your club. You do not speak for me, and I disregard your authority” if I had the cash and the time I would fight this on a basic level through the courts with no settlement. I am not a catholic, I just was unfortunate enough to be born a child of catholic parents.
lostexpectation

Post by lostexpectation » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:17 pm

mkaobrih could you write to the priest quote that piece and ask him to clarify things? both from a church/religious point of view and a non-religious/real world point of view.
Last edited by lostexpectation on Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
mkaobrih

Post by mkaobrih » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:07 am

Sure no problem - I can only ask. Also I’ve got a very nice uncle whom is high up in his priest order. He has his head screwed on straight and if I see him this Christmas I’ll ask him about this.