De-Baptism

General discussions
ThinkForYourself

Re: De-Baptism

Post by ThinkForYourself » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:31 pm

Scorpio wrote:I have more respect for governmental espionage mind-control brainwashing then I do for the catholic church. They are actually allowed do this?! :|
well nobody seems to be against it apart from us select few so ye, unfortunatly, i guess they are!!
Belief is a matter of guess work, Truth is a matter of hard work!!
cosmosforest

Post by cosmosforest » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:33 pm

Oh, of course. I'm still going to go through with my own Act of Defection. It's just rather obnoxious that their attitude, even when you reject their religion formally, through their own process, is "Oh well, you're still Catholic as far as we're concerned." Obnoxious, but not surprising, I guess.
They will still see you as a Christian/Catholic (whatever), but bear in mind that they also believe that someone rose from the dead, that there is an omni-potent invisble deity all around us, and that when they take communion and wine, they view it as the body and blood of the aforementioned 'zombie'.
I think they will be allowed to their opinion, for want of a better word, of you even after defection, just as we are allowed an opinion of a priest or a friend or family member as being deluded and a member of a farcical organisation.

My main worry is that, when I die, a priest gives me the last rites... I heard once that they are bound by the church to administer these to anyone if they are present. Can someone confirm this?
"Only the dead have seen the end of war"
Plato
Scorpio

Post by Scorpio » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:42 pm

@ Cosmosforest:

Over my dead body?!

:lol:
Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer. - Anonymous
cosmosforest

Post by cosmosforest » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:49 pm

Scorpio wrote:@ Cosmosforest:

Over my dead body?!

or not.... :wink:
Plato
Scorpio

Post by Scorpio » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:09 pm

I find it rather disturbing to think that people put so much trust in these people, while some are sexually molesting and abusing young children. Religion is a reflection of the stupidity of the human race.
Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer. - Anonymous
cosmosforest

Post by cosmosforest » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:51 am

Scorpio wrote::lol:

I find it rather disturbing to think that people put so much trust in these people, while some are sexually molesting and abusing young children. Religion is a reflection of the stupidity of the human race.
I just cannot get over the fact that the Irish Government paid compensation to the victims of abuse at the hands of the Christian brothers!! The Church has ample funds to pay for its mistakes/actions, and the mistakes/actions of it's members.
Plato
lostexpectation

Post by lostexpectation » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:32 am

oops wrong thread
Last edited by lostexpectation on Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
test
aiyic

Post by aiyic » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:09 pm

But look at the thrifty services you guys are missing out on.

http://www.churchresources.ie/
niallllll

Post by niallllll » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:16 pm

well if set mine in motion. Letter has been sent to the archbishops office where i was baptised and letters will continue to be sent every month or so until i get confirmation. regardless of whether they still believe you are still a catholic or not i still thought....why not just do it. its only a letter, takes 10 minutes to do and distracts me for a bit when at work!
eoin
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by eoin » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:22 pm

Go for it! It feels good.

Eoin :D