De-Baptism

General discussions
Martha

Post by Martha » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:09 pm

randomcrisis wrote:http://www.dataprotection.ie/ViewDoc.as ... tID=16&m=r

Right of rectification or erasure and blocking

If you find out that information kept about you by someone else is inaccurate, you have a right to have that information corrected (or "rectified").
Data Protection wrote:The Data Protection Acts, 1988 and 2003 gives you rights to protect you against these and similar problems, and creates obligations for those keeping personal information.

Not true. I have tried to change inaccurate information held about me in the Irish Medical System/Establishment, but they refused to amend it. NB, I wasn't aware of these inaccuracies until I recently requested copies my medical files. It was a very interesting experience, to say the least.... its hard to comprehend the depth of corruption that underlines the Irish Status Quo :roll:

So, I had to find other ways of proving the facts of my medical history - which I did, with some effort. As the saying goes, TRUTH will out! :D
Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end.

Woody Allen
lostexpectation

Post by lostexpectation » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:01 pm

randomcrisis wrote:my de flocking is currently working its way through the UK system. I'm sure it would work here, would be interesting in finding out...
somehow I read that as deflowering???
lostexpectation

Post by lostexpectation » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:05 pm

mkaobrih

Post by mkaobrih » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:43 pm

I hope that this works - letter written out and ready for posting in the morning. I hope that it's this simple. Thanks for the link
randomcrisis
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by randomcrisis » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:25 pm

I will post my response up here in pdf when I get it back.

will be interesting to see the outcome and differences between the Irish and English systems...

Good stuff....
bipedalhumanoid

Post by bipedalhumanoid » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:32 am

lostexpectation wrote: http://www.gcn.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=2133
Leaving the catholic church, its easier than you think!
Excellent. I'm going try this out on the archbishop of Brisbane immediately!
mkaobrih

Post by mkaobrih » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:08 pm

Got my letter back today, The CC sent me out a form to fill
DECLARATION OF DEFECTION FROM
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH
, do hereby give formal
notice of my defection from the Roman Catholic Church. I want it to be known that I no longer wish to be regarded as a member of the Roman Catholic Church.
I further declare that I am aware of the consequences of this act regarding the reception of the sacraments of the Church, including the sacraments of the Eucharist, marriage and the sick and also with regard to burial.
I undertake to make this decision known to my next of kin and to ensure that they are aware of these circumstances in the case of my being incapacitated.
I acknowledge that I make this declaration under solemn oath, being of sound mind and body, and in the presence of a witness who can testify as to the validity of this document.
Signed: Address:
Witness: Address:
Date:
dont know how to post a word doc so this has no formating.
Martha

Post by Martha » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:35 pm

mkaobrih wrote:Got my letter back today, The CC sent me out a form to fill
DECLARATION OF DEFECTION FROM
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH
, do hereby give formal
notice of my defection from the Roman Catholic Church. I want it to be known that I no longer wish to be regarded as a member of the Roman Catholic Church.
I further declare that I am aware of the consequences of this act regarding the reception of the sacraments of the Church, including the sacraments of the Eucharist, marriage and the sick and also with regard to burial.
I undertake to make this decision known to my next of kin and to ensure that they are aware of these circumstances in the case of my being incapacitated.
I acknowledge that I make this declaration under solemn oath, being of sound mind and body, and in the presence of a witness who can testify as to the validity of this document.
Signed: Address:
Witness: Address:
Date:
dont know how to post a word doc so this has no formating.
When I read this (declaration?) I laughed out loud! I'm still laughing my head off! Really, do you guys take all this SHIT seriously?????? Its like a Monty Python sketch :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't you know that the best way to CUT THE CORD is to just walk away from the yobboes in your life? Filling out declaration forms like this, is like asking a rapist "Can I go now?". Its too daft for words!!!

Woody Allen
mkaobrih

Post by mkaobrih » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:13 pm

What’s the matter Martha when I read your posts I get the feeling that your putting down people all the time and that your vaguely superior to everyone else. Lighten up for fuck sake.
Martha

Post by Martha » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:42 pm

mkaobrih wrote:What’s the matter Martha when I read your posts I get the feeling that your putting down people all the time and that your vaguely superior to everyone else. Lighten up for fuck sake.
Lighten up, you say? FYI, I'm the funniest kid on the block, as it were.... despite the fact that I happen to be one of the RANDOM (I hope you understand what the word RANDOM means?) victims of the Irish status quo: not a nice experience, I can tell you. Hey, but still, I manage to have a sense of humour. Too bad, you can't share it with me :cry:

Hey, did you hear the one about Bertie... and his not taking any bribes...

Its hilarious, isn't it!

Woody Allen