Different Types of Atheists

General discussions
Buzz

Re: Different Types of Atheists

Post by Buzz » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:54 am

aZerogodist wrote:Buzz, don't mind us, at first I thought you where a spammer.

From reading your other posts I understand why & what you mean by:
Anomic: "PSYCHOLOGY somebody affected by alienation: somebody who feels alienated and disorientated because of the lack of a social and moral framework"

It is time that we stop sitting back while a bunch of old men in Rome trample over our rights and the rights of micro-catholics. You know I bet if you asked randomly a hundred people (who say that they are Catholic) what is the actual name of the pope, most would get it wrong and some wouldn't even know.
I bet even one would say pope John II.
I went to the pub last night and after a couple of pints I put on Torn by Natalie Imbruglia and I did the "Torn Dance" to the great amusement of the pub goers - especially the girls who joined in with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_pQCJ89YgE

And anyway - then I went home and as I was hungry I had some Spam with tomato sauce and Tabasco sauce.

So in that way last night I was a spammer - but only when hungry after being at the pub.

What I say about religion I say with conviction from bitter experience.
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Tulip1 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:24 am

Buzz wrote: What you describe, letting people believe any crap they like - so long as they don't push it on you and others I dont agree with.

There are millions of people in the USA that believe in Creation, a Young Earth and Genesis and reject Science and Evolution by Natural Selection, and I think that is an appalling state of affairs, and so rather than just letting it happen, I try and join in the fight against ignorance and stupidity.

That is being an anomic atheist I believe.
I agree that this is an appalling state of affairs. These people are pushing it upon others and therefore should be fought. I came across someone here in Ireland that didn't know dinosaurs were extinct. Should I fight his ignorance too or is it only when it comes from religion? Fighting ignorance has little to do with atheism (all though I agree that it sometimes looks like it). And I am agree (again :wink: ) these people should be educated but this goes for non relilgous as well as religous people.

Hence my signature!
Pope says atheists pick & choose their morals. Correct. Today I will be frowning on child abuse & not having a problem with homosexuality.
eccles
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by eccles » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:19 am

Sisters of Mercy!
Sisters of NO MERCY.
em hotep

Robert Tobin Minister, First Church of Atheism (Philidelphia)
"May Your God Go WIth You"
Hemingway
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Hemingway » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:36 am

Buzz wrote: I went to the pub last night and after a couple of pints I put on Torn by Natalie Imbruglia and I did the "Torn Dance" to the great amusement of the pub goers - especially the girls who joined in with me.

Hee hee.... funny video. Shes one good looking young one too! Very cute.
Dont try to fix me, I'm not broken
Buzz

Post by Buzz » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:05 am

Hemingway wrote:
Buzz wrote: I went to the pub last night and after a couple of pints I put on Torn by Natalie Imbruglia and I did the "Torn Dance" to the great amusement of the pub goers - especially the girls who joined in with me.

Hee hee.... funny video. Shes one good looking young one too! Very cute.
Natalie is just beautiful and no mistake.

If you like that you make enjoy this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-EMjTXvHPU
aZerogodist
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by aZerogodist » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:12 pm

Atheist Ireland Youtube
HOME RULE not ROME RULE
If I'm your mission shepherd, best give it up, your welcome on my boat..god aren't. -firefly
Irish Federation of Astronomical Societies-links to local clubs & news
eccles
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by eccles » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:27 am

aZerogodist wrote:Unitarian Universalism ???
They do not claim to be a Religion, but the word is plastered all over their site. They have a church: Unitarian Universalist church in Charleston, South Carolina, United Christian States of America. Why do they need one? Who/what do they worship?

Of course the answer is Money - TAX EXEMPTION.
em hotep

Robert Tobin Minister, First Church of Atheism (Philidelphia)
"May Your God Go WIth You"