Jehovah's Wittnesses

General discussions
Buzz

Re: Jehovah's Wittnesses

Post by Buzz » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:41 am

inedifix wrote:
Buzz wrote:if no homicides at all were done by schizophrenics, and their likelihood of committing a homicide was the same as the general public, then you have an argument.
Actually... if you could show us evidence of a significant number of incidents where schizophrenic Jehovah's Witnesses have gone out, Watchtower in hand, to knock on people's doors, then attacked and/or murdered people whose doors they've knocked on... then you'd have a point. But you haven't done so, you won't be able to, and therefore, you don't have a point at all.
I have a point but you are too stupid to concede that you are an idiot.

The point is - why do I bother? - that any Schizophrenic is 10 times - that 1000% - more likely to commit homicide than a person from the general public.

That said, Schizophrenia is 300% more prevalent and Paranoid schizophrenia is 400% more prevalent in the JWs cult than the general rate for both those illnesses.

Therefore, when a JW knocks on your door to spread their cult rubbish, the chances that they are a schizophrenic are 3 or 4 times higher than if they were not a JW.

As Schizophrenics commit between 5 and 10% of all homicides, and they are 10 times more likely to commit homicide than a non schizophrenic, when a JW knocks on your door, the chances are that they are 3 or 4 times more likely to be a schizophrenic - and therefore more likely to be a person capable of homicide than a non JW.

But seeing as you are clearly a fekin Ejut, you just can't see it.
inedifix

Post by inedifix » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:18 am

It'll take more than primary level childishness to goad me, I'm afraid Buzz.

The point is, that conjecture and extrapolation do not constitute proof that JW's are dangerous. An adult mind should be capable of grasping that fact. Instead, you need to show some hard evidence of JW's attacking people on their doorsteps while out knocking doors.

But you can't.

Never mind. You just carry on cowering behind the sofa from the dangerous Jehovah's Witnesses. I'll continue looking both ways before I cross the road.
“What we call chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized. What we call random is just patterns we can't decipher. What we can't understand we call nonsense. There is no free will. There are no variables. There is only the inevitable.” Chuck Palahniuk
Davo

Post by Davo » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:34 am

Buzz wrote:As Schizophrenics commit between 5 and 10% of all homicides, and they are 10 times more likely to commit homicide than a non schizophrenic
Buzz, can you be more specific because otherwise your statistics mean shit.

What types of schizophrenia are we talking about?

Paranoid schizophrenia?
Hebephrenic schizophrenia?
Catatonic schizophrenia?
Undifferentiated schizophrenia?
Residual-type schizophrenia?
An explanation of Logical Fallacies : http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies ----- ferox deo vacuus vinco
inedifix

Post by inedifix » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:49 am

Hey Buzz, thought you might like to consider the fact that the current scientific view of Schizophrenia is that it is a disease of the brain, in much the same way that Alzheimer's is also a disease of the brain. And that the predominant causes are genetic ones.

There's an interesting round up of scientific studies here: http://www.schizophrenia.com/family/dis ... urological

Here are some brief excerpts of the prevailing scientific findings...

• "... the evidence has become overwhelming that schizophrenia and manic-depressive disorder are diseases of the brain, just as multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, and Alzheimer’s disease are diseases of the brain."

"Individuals with schizophrenia, including those who have never been treated, have a reduced volume of gray matter [up to 25%] in the brain, especially in the temporal and frontal lobes."

"Individuals with schizophrenia ... typically have enlarged ventricles in the brain, as demonstrated in over 100 studies to date."

"Individuals with schizophrenia ... show decreased function of the prefrontal area, an area of the brain that we use for planning and thinking about ourselves."

Clearly, joining the Jehovah's Witnesses cannot...

a). alter a person's genes.
b). cause physical changes in the structure of the brain.
c). cause a person to acquire a disease of the brain such as Parkinsons, Alzheimers (or Schizophrenia).

Or at least, that's what the science on this subject says.

Naturally, those who have no regard for science are free to follow their irrational predispositions wherever they may illogically lead.
“What we call chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized. What we call random is just patterns we can't decipher. What we can't understand we call nonsense. There is no free will. There are no variables. There is only the inevitable.” Chuck Palahniuk
Fiammetta

Post by Fiammetta » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:20 am

Tulip1 wrote:
Buzz wrote:
Fiammetta wrote:Sharks are known killers. A shark is far more likely to kill me than is a goldfish. No shark has managed to kill me in a lifetime of surfing. No goldfish has either. Isn't that just so remarkable?

Hint to Buzz: If you go diving near sharks, wear an orange wetsuit. Over 99% of shark attacks on divers are on those wearing black wet suits.

If you accept what I said then you prove you know fuck-all about statistics. If you recognise the causation flaw in the statistical information then why have you been lying all this time?
I have just read this post.

I strongly suggest you seek urgent psychiatric help.
WOW what a strong argument!! You really showed every one now!!! Amazing. And you do read other posts!
ROFL! Yep, Tulip :)

I notice in posts thereafter, Buzz refers to goldfish, not sharks. I guess continual repetition dulls the brain.

In the same vein, here is Buzz on a previous post:
Buzz wrote:
Fiammetta wrote:The latest information from Buzz has improved upon inedifix's figure of one JW homicide every 174 years. Unless you already know the JW in question, the figure is now out to once every 305 years in Ireland, although the frequency of these when door-knocking is unable to be counted owing to the lack of any known event in the country. Thanks, Buzz, for the excellent reassurance.

Meanwhile, the killing rampage by banana-benders, terrifyingly chronicled by davo, continues unabated and unchecked.

How does it feel, not to know the arse-end of a statistic from the front, Buzz? Just curious.
blow it out yer arse.
Yep, you got us there, Buzz. Repetition and personal abuse maketh the argument all right, especially when all you really want to do is to support your devout hatred.

If it is a matter of sanity affecting personal safety, I would rather encounter a random JW than Buzz; just my opinion.
Davo

Post by Davo » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:29 am

Bananas are rich in potassium.

Potassium explodes on contact with water.

The human body is > 60% water - and in infants that number is higher!

Therefore, bananas make you explode.
An explanation of Logical Fallacies : http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies ----- ferox deo vacuus vinco
Fiammetta

Post by Fiammetta » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:51 am

Thank you davo.

I have noted it down in my little book. :D
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Tulip1 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:23 pm

I just removed all bananas out of the house just to be save!
Pope says atheists pick & choose their morals. Correct. Today I will be frowning on child abuse & not having a problem with homosexuality.
Regens Küchl

Post by Regens Küchl » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:45 pm

Jehovah's Witnesses Hate the Smurfs
In the early 80's, the primary preoccupations of the Jehovah's Witnesses were Armageddon, Smurfs, Michael Jackson and demonic attack, but not necessarily in that order. As a young Jehovah's Witness girl, my worldview was what you might describe as surreal. Smurfs were little blue imps disguised as Saturday morning cartoon characters. They were capable of murder, rape, violence and general mayhem, and, as such, all Smurf paraphernalia had to be either banished or burned or both from any respectable Jehovah's Witness home. Armageddon was regarded with frenzied anticipation. We couldn't wait for the bloodletting of the wicked to begin. Demons roamed the earth, along with Satan the Devil. They lurked behind every corner, literally, just waiting for an invitation to wreak havoc on one's mind and body. And Michael Jackson was the subject of many rancorous sermons at the Kingdom Hall. Michael Jackson and Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom replaced the Smurfs as the most blatant signs of the end times, the last days of this system of things.
http://www.daylightatheism.org/2009/11/ ... murfs.html

Gen Xers--Who remembers when Smurfs were Demonic?

When word came down that a Smurf jumped up in the middle of a meeting, yelled 'I've had enough of this shit!' and stormed out, I was probably 9 years old. At the time I had a Smurf record. That week, my aunt had noticed that the record skipped (I guess that had nothing to do with the gaping HOLE in it). Naturally, we had to get the demons out of the house and cracking it into vinyl slivers became a family affair.

What was your Smurf-a-licious experience?
http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/frie ... re-Demonic
i heard it as...a little girl had been given Smurf curtains for her bedroom and the first night she awoke to find the evil Smurfs had jumped off the curtains and began dancing around her room, laughing demonically.
SCARY(actually hilarious) JW Urban Legends (smurf content)
http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/expe ... rf-content
Davo

Post by Davo » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:05 pm

that's it I am getting blue body paint and my girlfriend is gonna cop it, just in the name of diversity.

heave ho me hearties! ...