Really, Truly True Believer (™) - December Edition

General discussions

Decembers Winner is...

New Date for Rapture.
No votes
Eugene Delgaudio fear of pat downs turning him on.
27%
Torah tells us not to rent to Arabs
7%
Texan Christian bigotry
No votes
Atheist Bus Stalker Truck
No votes
Business Card Blasphemy
20%
Elf Executions to save Christmas
20%
Daily Mails Faith Healers
20%
Muslim children Swinophobia.
7%

Total votes: 15
Ygern
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Really, Truly True Believer (™) - December Edition

Post by Ygern » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:29 pm

New date for The Rapture: 21 May 2011

You'd think that people would have wised up to the fact that the last 2000 years have brought hundreds of End Of Days prophecies, all of them embarrassingly wrong each and every time. But here's another one.

And don't you dare snigger. You are warned: The Rapture is going to be a great day for God’s people but awful for everyone else.
. So there.

http://freethinker.co.uk/2010/12/03/nex ... -atheists/
The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time ~ Lawrence Krauss
Cork Skeptics
MichaelNugent
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: Really, Truly True Believer (™) - December Edition

Post by MichaelNugent » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:48 pm

Should we choose the December winner mid-month, and use the second half of the month for Really True Believer of the Year - with the winners from each of the monthly ones being the entrants?
Hemingway
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Hemingway » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:12 pm

I'll book my holliers for early May so. I want to be nice and tanned when I meet St. Peter at the Pearly Gates dont cha know!
Dont try to fix me, I'm not broken
aZerogodist
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by aZerogodist » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:00 pm

Our Imbecile of the Week award goes to fundie nutter Eugene Delgaudio
See Freethinker is doing imbecile of the week.
Eugene Delgaudio a Republican politician in Virginia, is convinced that airport security “pat-downs” are part of “a wide-scale homosexual agenda”
Atheist Ireland Youtube
HOME RULE not ROME RULE
If I'm your mission shepherd, best give it up, your welcome on my boat..god aren't. -firefly
Irish Federation of Astronomical Societies-links to local clubs & news
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Tulip1 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:01 am

they have to do it weekly due to more idiots in the states.....
Pope says atheists pick & choose their morals. Correct. Today I will be frowning on child abuse & not having a problem with homosexuality.
Feardorcha
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Feardorcha » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:55 pm

I’d like to nominate Rabbi Yosef Scheinen, Blessed Be He, for the Truly Truly award.
This from Haaretz:
Top rabbis move to forbid renting homes to Arabs, say 'racism originated in the Torah'.
Dozens of Israel's municipal chief rabbis signed on to the ruling, which comes just months after the chief rabbi of Safed initiated a call urging Jews to refrain from renting or selling apartments to non-Jews.
"Racism originated in the Torah," said Rabbi Yosef Scheinen, who heads the Ashdod Yeshiva. "The land of Israel is designated for the people of Israel. This is what the Holy One, Blessed Be He, intended and that is what the [sage] Rashi interpreted."

http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/to ... h-1.329327
Ygern
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Ygern » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:43 pm

Texan Christians deserve this award for deciding that all non-Christians should be banned from participating in holiday parades.
(Sucks to be you Jews, Hindus, atheists, Muslims, Buddhists and African traditionalists)

"I spent many years teaching my children to love and respect other people and to love the fact that they were children of God and I don't feel that they should be influenced in any other way especially not at a Christmas parade," said Tina Corgey.

Yeah, god forbid that children learn that other human beings think differently, do things differently and dress differently; that will definitely corrupt them forever.
The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time ~ Lawrence Krauss
Cork Skeptics
chemicals
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by chemicals » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:50 am

Ygern wrote:
Yeah, god forbid that children learn that other human beings think differently, do things differently and dress differently; that will definitely corrupt them forever.
see quotes after article....
All of this makes me sad. From the people insulting others to the ones who don't believe in God. Look at this word: Christmas...CHRISTmas! This is the day of celebration for Jesus' Birthday. If you don't believe in God or His son, then why? Why would you participate in celebrating His son's birth? Seems like they were trying to make a mochary of His blessed name. I'm praying for not only the lost, but for this whole country. Merry Chistmas! GOD bless EVERYONE!
:lol:
والقس هو مجنون
aZerogodist
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by aZerogodist » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:18 pm

Christian-Stalker-Truck
Christians Hire Stalker-Truck for Atheist Bus Ads
http://religionismanmade.blogspot.com/2 ... nners.html
An anonymous group of christians have hired an truck to follow a bus around Fort Worth, the bus displays "Millions of Americans are Good without God" and the truck says "I still love you. -God"
On the video the owner of the truck says if they can bring one Atheist to god it will be worth it.
Atheist Ireland Youtube
HOME RULE not ROME RULE
If I'm your mission shepherd, best give it up, your welcome on my boat..god aren't. -firefly
Irish Federation of Astronomical Societies-links to local clubs & news
nozzferrahhtoo
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by nozzferrahhtoo » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:40 am

A doctor in pakistan was arrested on suspicion of blasphemy for discarding a business card that happened to be of a man named Mohammad.

Great way to do business. Change your name to Mohammad and everyone has to hold on to your business cards when you give them out.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... .DTL&tsp=1