Pope to Visit Ireland

General discussions
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: Pope to Visit Ireland

Post by Tulip1 » Mon May 16, 2011 12:51 pm

DaithiDublin wrote:Ah, let him come. The security budget will be way smaller than for HRH or BHO. The Pope is protected by God in his miraculous bulletproof bubble-Hummer with the run flat tyres.

The only real security risk would be to any journalists that might have the temerity to ask him about his involvement in covering up clerical sex scandals. And at best that would require us to have a packet of plasters on standby. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qvgdS0s56Q
When he visited Holland a long time ago there were more protesters then people to watch him. The police out numbered the pope lovers by 2 cops on 1 pope lover. I don't think he will be in a hurry to visit again.
Pope says atheists pick & choose their morals. Correct. Today I will be frowning on child abuse & not having a problem with homosexuality.
DaithiDublin

Post by DaithiDublin » Mon May 16, 2011 8:52 pm

Tulip1 wrote:The police out numbered the pope lovers by 2 cops on 1 pope lover.
Sounds like a party in a seminary! :lol:
As yet I have not found a single case of a terrestrial animal which fertilises itself.

- Charles Darwin, The Origin of Species
(he obviously never went to Bray)
zenbuffy

Post by zenbuffy » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:21 am

I expect that there'll be more protesters than people out to cheer. I certainly wouldn't be too happy with a visit, unless of course we could use his presence here to extradite him or bring various child abuse charges against him...
Beebub
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Beebub » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:41 am

Spam for Zenbuffy.com??
zenbuffy

Post by zenbuffy » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:50 am

Why? Because I have a link in my sig? Didn't see anything in the rules against a blog link or similar in signatures, but if there is one, I'll happily remove it.
Beebub
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Beebub » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:01 pm

Sorry, Zenbuffy. Usually, when a first time poster posts something in an existing thread with links below the post it's simply a spammer coming onto the forum to make one post and add a spam/ link. I apologise if this was not your intention :oops:
If you stick around you'll see it happens quite often.

Welcome by the way! :D
aZerogodist
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by aZerogodist » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:05 pm

zenbuffy wrote:I expect that there'll be more protesters than people out to cheer. I certainly wouldn't be too happy with a visit, unless of course we could use his presence here to extradite him or bring various child abuse charges against him...
Agree & welcome to AI
zenbuffy

Post by zenbuffy » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:08 pm

@Beebub - Understandable. I'm fairly net-savvy, and deal with spam stuff all the time in my line of work.

I'm often more of a lurker than a frequent poster, but I intend to read here more often now, and hopefully throw in my 2c wherever I feel it's useful.

I think that I'd probably be motivated to go and protest myself at any visit by the Pope, as to me, he represents not only a Church that I don't believe in, but also a person who has dodged abuse claims and trials by hiding behind diplomatic immunity. IMO, that's despicable, especially for someone who claims to be the guiding light and moral compass of millions.
DaithiDublin

Post by DaithiDublin » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:20 pm

zenbuffy wrote:I think that I'd probably be motivated to go and protest myself at any visit by the Pope, as to me, he represents not only a Church that I don't believe in, but also a person who has dodged abuse claims and trials by hiding behind diplomatic immunity. IMO, that's despicable, especially for someone who claims to be the guiding light and moral compass of millions.
+1

..and covering up the crimes committed by other members of his 'club'.

He showed his true colours recently by re-instating Williamson, the British holocaust denier. When he was prefect of the congregation for the doctrine of the faith (inquisition) under JPII he was the one who oversaw his excommunication. Coming from a Polish pope, it was easy to understand that order. (Even if schism was the reason)
Now as Pope himself, the former Hitler Youth member reversed the decision. That direct line to God doesn't seem very reliable, does it!
As yet I have not found a single case of a terrestrial animal which fertilises itself.

- Charles Darwin, The Origin of Species
(he obviously never went to Bray)
Elodie

Post by Elodie » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:38 pm

Is there any sort of anti-visit movement going on now? Obviously it wouldn't stop it from happening but it seems like a good idea to register our descent before hand.