Kimyal Tribe of West Papua getting NT for first time

General discussions
Ephesians2:8/9
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:12 am

Kimyal Tribe of West Papua getting NT for first time

Post by Ephesians2:8/9 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:56 am

DaithiDublin
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Bray, Co. Wicklow
Contact:

Re: Kimyal Tribe of West Papua getting NT for first time

Post by DaithiDublin » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:22 am

Far from being beautiful, this is the sad tale of a tribe connecting with the modern world and being immediately thrust back into the bronze age.

All I saw here was another group of natives in a remote part of the world believing the first people to bring them the stories of their god. Muslims show similar videos of similar groups believing their stories, like this one from elsewhere in Papua:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6Y7UOWDk4Q

And now tribes who have learned over the millennia to settle their disputes in their own way, are beginning to fight sectarian battles with each other. Mosques and churches are being fire bombed. Blood is being shed, yet again, in the name of God and Allah.

And that's what religiots call progress.
As yet I have not found a single case of a terrestrial animal which fertilises itself.

- Charles Darwin, The Origin of Species
(he obviously never went to Bray)
Ygern
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member
Posts: 3003
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:02 pm
Location: Cork
Contact:

Re: Kimyal Tribe of West Papua getting NT for first time

Post by Ygern » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:40 pm

Ephesians2:8/9 wrote: Think this is beautiful.
Also, stop spamming my email address with your religious propaganda. It's not welcome and now goes straight into the file marked Bin.
Feardorcha
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member
Posts: 1266
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: Kimyal Tribe of West Papua getting NT for first time

Post by Feardorcha » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:31 pm

What was in the other box that came off that plane? Free pork?
Ephesians2:8/9
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:12 am

Re: Kimyal Tribe of West Papua getting NT for first time

Post by Ephesians2:8/9 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:23 am

DaithiDublin wrote: Blood is being shed, yet again, in the name of God.
Where in the New Testament does it call for the shedding of blood in the name of God? John 16:2b says, "yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service."

Any one who sheds blood in the name of God (Yahweh I presume you mean) is disobeying the gospel of Jesus Christ.

“Love your neighbor as yourself” Matthew 22:39
“But I say to you who hear, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you” Luke 6:27
“But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you” Matthew 5:44
funkyderek
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 373
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:54 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Contact:

Re: Kimyal Tribe of West Papua getting NT for first time

Post by funkyderek » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:34 am

Ephesians2:8/9 wrote:Where in the New Testament does it call for the shedding of blood in the name of God?
Who said anything about the New Testament? Do you not believe the Old Testament is the Word of God?

But anyway, Matthew 10:34
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

Image

Image Image Image Image
oldrnwisr
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:09 pm
Location: Limerick, Ireland
Contact:

Re: Kimyal Tribe of West Papua getting NT for first time

Post by oldrnwisr » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:37 am

Ephesians2:8/9 wrote:
DaithiDublin wrote: Blood is being shed, yet again, in the name of God.
Where in the New Testament does it call for the shedding of blood in the name of God? John 16:2b says, "yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service."

Any one who sheds blood in the name of God (Yahweh I presume you mean) is disobeying the gospel of Jesus Christ.

“Love your neighbor as yourself” Matthew 22:39
“But I say to you who hear, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you” Luke 6:27
“But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you” Matthew 5:44
Are you kidding?

Jesus actually commands his disciples to kill unbelievers.

"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me"

Luke 19:27
"Science doesn't know everything. Religion doesn't know anything." AronRa - WAC 2011
Feardorcha
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member
Posts: 1266
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: Kimyal Tribe of West Papua getting NT for first time

Post by Feardorcha » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:19 pm

Would that they who cometh forth unto this forum wouldst use unto us the word of the English language of the 21st century for then in truth it would be shown unto us what the crap it is of which they speaketh.
aZerogodist
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member
Posts: 1280
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:04 pm
Location: Co. CORK
Contact:

Re: Kimyal Tribe of West Papua getting NT for first time

Post by aZerogodist » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:15 pm

Feardorcha wrote:Would that they who cometh forth unto this forum wouldst use unto us the word of the English language of the 21st century for then in truth it would be shown unto us what the crap it is of which they speaketh.
:D
+10
User avatar
mkaobrih
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1602
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:48 pm

Re: Kimyal Tribe of West Papua getting NT for first time

Post by mkaobrih » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:27 pm

Feardorcha wrote:Would that they who cometh forth unto this forum wouldst use unto us the word of the English language of the 21st century for then in truth it would be shown unto us what the crap it is of which they speaketh.
You have a great wit Feardorcha. :lol:
The church complains of persecution when it's not allowed to persecute.
Post Reply