David quinn doesn't like me!

General discussions
inedifix

Re: David quinn doesn't like me!

Post by inedifix » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:28 pm

mkaobrih wrote:1 is not a prime number. :wink:
Damn! I'd always kind of assumed it was :oops: Thanks teach :)
“What we call chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized. What we call random is just patterns we can't decipher. What we can't understand we call nonsense. There is no free will. There are no variables. There is only the inevitable.” Chuck Palahniuk
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Tulip1 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:28 pm

Pope says atheists pick & choose their morals. Correct. Today I will be frowning on child abuse & not having a problem with homosexuality.
aiseiri47
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by aiseiri47 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:45 pm

inedifix wrote:
aiseiri47 wrote:So maybe he's just referring to maths.
Nah, maths and christianity are inseparable. The kind of maths that says 1 is not actually a prime number but perfectly divisible by 3. :wink:

Aside from the prime slip-up, still a fair point. I mean, there's probably some pretty complicated maths going into how the earth is actually a few thousand years old when information seems to indicate it's several billion years old. And I there was some serious calculations involved when Jesus decided to feed an entire crowd with just a basket of bread.

So, that's the loophole then. No subjects - not even maths - are secular.
inedifix

Post by inedifix » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:14 pm

aiseiri47 wrote:So, that's the loophole then. No subjects - not even maths - are secular.
You can imagine the argument... "Sure, don't we have an entire book of the Bible dedicated to the subject: Numbers."
“What we call chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized. What we call random is just patterns we can't decipher. What we can't understand we call nonsense. There is no free will. There are no variables. There is only the inevitable.” Chuck Palahniuk