Apostasy

General discussions
Elemis

Apostasy

Post by Elemis » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:55 am

Hi all, was just wondering about apostasy as a means of excommunication from the Catholic Church. I followed the process to defect from the church last year but as we all know, due to the change in canon law blah blah blah it is now only possible to be named on a "de-facto" list expressing your desire to leave which frankly, is not good enough. So has anyone tried going down any other route? Thanks.
Bik
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: Apostasy

Post by Bik » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:09 am

Move to Germany and opt out of the church tax and they'll kick you out quick enough :D

I got out before they closed the door on the countmeout route.
"Prayer has no place in the public schools, just like facts have no place in organized religion." Superintendent Chalmers
Elemis

Post by Elemis » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:16 am

Fair play, I was on the cusp when I applied :(
munsterdevil

Post by munsterdevil » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:22 am

It honestly doesn't bother me, they might consider me one of their minions, but I know I'm not a catholic and that's all that matters!
Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying. Arthur C. Clarke
bipedalhumanoid

Post by bipedalhumanoid » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:22 am

I say fair play to anyone who defected from the church when the option was there. It was a fantastic stunt which drew considerable media attention. The nay sayers can't argue with that.
"The fact of your own existence is the most astonishing fact you will ever have to face. Don’t you ever get used to it." - Richard Dawkins... being shrill and offensive again I suppose.