Ratzinger: I'm real and you're not so there!

General discussions
FXR

Ratzinger: I'm real and you're not so there!

Post by FXR » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:18 pm

(This could be describe as bald men fighting over a combs)

http://www.thetrumpet.com/index.php?pag ... le&id=3418

Vatican: Catholic Church Still the Only Real Church
By Mark Jenkins Thursday, July 12, 2007

If Orthodox and Protestant churches want unity with the pope, they will have to convert to Catholicism.

When Benedict xvi emerged as the new pope in May 2005, many wondered if he would maintain the stance toward other churches he had taken as Cardinal Ratzinger—that non-Catholic churches are “gravely deficient.”

At first, he gave his detractors hope that he would view them as equals. On May 8, 2005, Reuters reported, “Pope Benedict extended an olive branch to some of his harshest critics at the weekend, sending a cordial message to a French Protestant church and saying he wanted to work toward the unity of all Christians.”

The head of France’s largest Protestant church, Pastor Marcel Manoel, noted that “Benedict referred to his denomination as a church rather than an ‘ecclesiastical community.’”

But given Benedict’s earlier belief that Catholicism’s rivals are “not churches in the proper sense,” many have anticipated further comments from him as pope on what he earlier referred to as “daughter churches.”

The verdict is in: Protestant denominations are not churches. In the words of a newly released document from the Congregation of the Doctrine of the Faith, which carries the pope’s approval and authority, other communities cannot, according to Catholic doctrine, “be called ‘churches’ in the proper sense.” The document also says the Orthodox churches suffer from a “wound” because they do not accept the authority of the pope, a wound that is “still more profound” in Protestant denominations.

Full document from the Hypocircy HQ:
http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/congr ... es_en.html
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
Neesik

Post by Neesik » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:26 pm

Image They're worse than kids in a playground, but as far as I'm concerned, the dafter they get the better.
I see he doesn't mention Mosques or Synagogues though, coward.
Abstinence makes the Church grow fondlers.
FXR

Post by FXR » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:59 pm

Neesik wrote:Image They're worse than kids in a playground, but as far as I'm concerned, the dafter they get the better.
I see he doesn't mention Mosques or Synagogues though, coward.
Ratzinger is to the Rational what Paisley was to the IRA: a recruiting sergant.
He coludn't do more harm if Christopher Hitchens was writing his speeches for him. How many people out there are thinking "this guy is just nuts"
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
ctr
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by ctr » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:35 pm

Who really gives a Sh*% what they think of each other. :twisted:
FXR

Post by FXR » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:27 pm

ctr wrote:Who really gives a Sh*% what they think of each other. :twisted:
Apparently the vast majority of people on this island including our politicians and our president and an estimated 1.1 billion across the world and the leaders of all the western countries and rock stars and........