Send your sick to lourdes

General discussions
Rincewind

Send your sick to lourdes

Post by Rincewind » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:20 pm

Got inspired by a box today.

Annual trips to Lourdes 5,000,000 (wikpedia)
Minimum cost for trip 500
Annual miracle expenditur 2,500,000,000

Official miracles 70 (over lest say 140 years)
1 miracle per 2 years
Average cost per miricle 5,000,000,000

This is just one pilgrimage, not taking any of the american crap or other stuff around the world. I found an article ( I only spent 5 mins looking for something so feel free to lampast my figures) which says the WHO currently has a budget of 6 billion. Maybe if people gave the money to science (not to mention time) they might get better value for their money.

No matter how bad the HSC is God could do no better.
Religious people should not complain about the state of our health service.
Praying for the sick is SICK
Stupidy is good for the economy. (same way as prime lenders)

Note: Population of Lourdes 15,000 -- sweet.

Rincewind

Existence does not mean we should follow.
FXR

Re: Send your sick to lourdes

Post by FXR » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:23 pm

Rincewind wrote:Got inspired by a box today.

Annual trips to Lourdes 5,000,000 (wikpedia)
Minimum cost for trip 500
Annual miracle expenditur 2,500,000,000

Official miracles 70 (over lest say 140 years)
1 miracle per 2 years
Average cost per miricle 5,000,000,000

This is just one pilgrimage, not taking any of the american crap or other stuff around the world. I found an article ( I only spent 5 mins looking for something so feel free to lampast my figures) which says the WHO currently has a budget of 6 billion. Maybe if people gave the money to science (not to mention time) they might get better value for their money.

No matter how bad the HSC is God could do no better.
Religious people should not complain about the state of our health service.
Praying for the sick is SICK
Stupidy is good for the economy. (same way as prime lenders)

Note: Population of Lourdes 15,000 -- sweet.

Rincewind

Existence does not mean we should follow.
Dear Mr. Rincewind
I have been informed you have recently been critical of one of our franchise outlets in France. It is my duty to inform you that such attacks will be met by the most robust legal defence.

Virgin Mary franchises have a long and very successful history in business. We have a proven track record in the area of regional tourism promotion.
A Virgin Mary franchise contains the perfect range of products to create tourism in areas which otherwise have no obvious attractions. A Virgin Mary franchise has many unique features making it the number one tourism product far out stripping any of our rivals.

For example child labour is not only allowed but encouraged. A suitably trained employee can be ready and fully trained to the “visionary stage” by only six years of age. There is no initial capital outlay as a local stable, rock, cave or hill is almost always sufficient. Start ups can take advantage of market conditions by being free to choose areas where land costs are low allowing good prospects for future expansion.

At this time we have successful outlets in Knock, Fatima, Medjugorje, Guadalupe, Lourdes, La Salette, Pontmain, Beauraing, and Banneux with new outlets coming on stream constantly.

Add on products are inexpensive and can be produced locally. Water is one of our great sellers and we carry a large range of suitable containers which can be customised to you specifications. We also have a large selection of medals, trinkets, candles, tea bags, towels, window lights and cushions and much, much more.

Hoping this letter serves to clarify the matter.

Joseph Carpenter
Worldwide Sales Coordinator
Virgin Mary Franchises
Knock Off Airport
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
lostexpectation

Post by lostexpectation » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:40 am

excellent satire
FXR

Post by FXR » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:06 pm

lostexpectation wrote:excellent satire
Proably all the more so because its so much more the underlying truth of the situation.

Hey! I just made a pancake and it formed itself into the shape of the VM. Visit my kitchen for 5 euro voluntary admission fee which is of course compulsory!
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
bnt

Post by bnt » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:30 am

"I'm sick! So... I'm going to take a stressful flight, to go and hang out in the same place as thousands of other sick people, some maybe infectious... in the hope of a miraculous cure. Make perfect sense to me."
CatHerder
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by CatHerder » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:58 am

Sorry, just read the title of this post and thought it meant "send you're puke to Lourdes"