Bill Maher's "Religulous" Torrent WTF !?!?!?

Stuff not related to religion or atheism.
adamd164
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by adamd164 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:15 pm

LOL :lol:

I'm watching this now. Man, this is f*cking HILARIOUS! Bill Maher is a genius.

People - you MUST see this documentary. Absolutely brilliant... essential viewing!

I'm gonna buy the DVD to support it. Hopefully they'll give it a proper cinema release here at some point.
robdonn
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by robdonn » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:54 am

I just inished watching it now. Brilliant movie, I'll definately be buying it on dvd also. I'm willing to help campain or whatever to get this shown over here.
Wened

Re:

Post by Wened » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:02 pm

robdonn wrote:Be careful what you download! Do not click this link! It will make the world explode!! http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4595079 ... .XViD-BaLD

TY. It was great. Ill buy the dvd also
"They can keep their heaven. When I die, I’d sooner go to middle Earth." - George RR Martin
davef

Re: Bill Maher's "Religulous" Torrent WTF !?!?!?

Post by davef » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:53 am

You can now watch Religulous online here: http://www.atheistnation.net/video/?vid ... full-movie

Well, you can watch 72 minutes of it, then go back and watch the rest tomorrow, or else sign up (and pay, I presume) to Megavideo.

EDIT - scratch that. I just refreshed the page.
I really enjoyed that. I'm not sure if the wah it finished was OTT or not. It veered into doom-mongering very quickly, whick struck me as quite out of place given the easy-going pace of the rest of the film. I can't say I don't agree with everything he says though.

And a VERY appropriate end credits song!
bipedalhumanoid

Post by bipedalhumanoid » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:46 pm

I watched it on you tube. Can't find the link to the full version now though. It may have been removed.
"The fact of your own existence is the most astonishing fact you will ever have to face. Don’t you ever get used to it." - Richard Dawkins... being shrill and offensive again I suppose.
dj357

Post by dj357 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:31 pm

Regarding the delay with the torrent coming out, I think that may have been due to the manner in which it was released combined with the fact that people online tend to prefer to wait for the actual DVDrips as opposed to camera recordings of it taken from a cinema etc...

as for the documentary itself, I found it was extremely interesting. I loved the scene where he was in the trucker's chapel, because I can imagine Richard Dawkins in such a situation, and I'm positive that he would have received the same reaction from everyone as Bill did from the first guy who left. He seemed to be much more approachable towards those kind of people.

regarding the ending I felt it was pretty appropriate to end it that way. personally I felt his outrage slowly building throughout the documentary as he met sillier and sillier people with more and more dangerous ideals and beliefs, and the ending was his way of shouting from the rooftops how f**ked up religion is and just how dangerous it can be if we let it run rampant.
"In meinem Himmel gibt's keinen Gott!"
I'm An Atheist...
Midwest Humanists!! - http://midwesthumanists.wordpress.com
Lord Supposer

Post by Lord Supposer » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:09 pm

Release date for this has been put back to April has not? Going to come out around Easter too for cheap publicity bumps too AFAIK
Are You Horny.. For Truth?!?
http://www.horny4truth.com
FXR

Post by FXR » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:08 pm

The Screen cinema in Hawkins st is advertising Bill Mahers movie coming soon........
Human communication is a very rickety rope bridge between minds. Its too narrow to allow but a few thoughts to cross at a time. Many are lost in the chasms of noise, suspicion, misinterpretation and shooting the message through dislike of the messenger.
munsterdevil

Post by munsterdevil » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:15 am

For any of the stragglers who have yet to see it:

Religulous
Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying. Arthur C. Clarke
dandabananaman

Post by dandabananaman » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:46 am