To all youtubers here concerned about spam & votebotting

Stuff not related to religion or atheism.
peter63
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

To all youtubers here concerned about spam & votebotting

Post by peter63 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:45 am

In the war against censorship, one of our forum members and Youtuber joshTheGoods is taking matters into his own hands...
More here:
League of Reason forum
“God and Country are an unbeatable team; they break all records for oppression and bloodshed” Luis Buñuel. Quoted in The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins.
Irish Shaman

Re: To all youtubers here concerned about spam & votebotting

Post by Irish Shaman » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:30 pm

Thanks for the link, checking it out right now.

EDIT - Checked it out, will be giving it a mention in the last bit of video I have to film now.

Thanks for the heads up once again.
- Paul M.
*COUGH* SHAMELESSPLUG *COUGH*
http://www.youtube.com/1rishShaman

Atheism, Atheist Ireland, Gaming, The Atheist Experience... what more could you want?
peter63
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by peter63 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:48 pm

You are very welcome Paul. Keep up the good work!
“God and Country are an unbeatable team; they break all records for oppression and bloodshed” Luis Buñuel. Quoted in The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins.
aZerogodist
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by aZerogodist » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:00 pm

sounds good, hopefully this will help, personally i would be afraid of putting my YT password into any programme, as there will be clones. It's a pity that YT has allowed this to happen for so long, they did
stop false views from bots as having to pay partners.

Anyway this will help but not stop vote-bots, untill youtube decides to do something.
Atheist Ireland Youtube
HOME RULE not ROME RULE
If I'm your mission shepherd, best give it up, your welcome on my boat..god aren't. -firefly
Irish Federation of Astronomical Societies-links to local clubs & news
Irish Shaman

Post by Irish Shaman » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:37 am

aZerogodist wrote:sounds good, hopefully this will help, personally i would be afraid of putting my YT password into any programme, as there will be clones.

Anyway this will help but not stop vote-bots, untill youtube decides to do something.
Ok, well I'll have a brief review of this program later on today or tomorrow depending.
I have a video to make on updates and details on the Ryan Commission that I want to get done for people who are not located in Ireland that are subbed to me on YT.

I've gotten into contact with both the producer of this program minutes ago (he actually contacted me on the 26th July, just five days after I was hit - mentioning that this was in BETA), SuperflyNB and DefenderOfReason.

Both Superfly and DoR give this program a total of four thumbs up. Defender was actually hit about 4 days ago and the program kicked into action after only five 1* ratings on her account. Lets see... I can give her personal testimonial here...

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAU-deWBEA4

The video also gives info on how to work the program.

I'm actually starting a Media course this coming Wednesday, mainly focussing on film-making, editing, program design and (the main reason for me doing the course) videogame design. That means more time at the PC and more videos to be made and uploaded, so hopefully...

*fingers crossed*

I get hit again soon so I can properly demo this out.

Here is my latest message that I mentioned I recieved a few minutes ago
joshTheGoods

Re: TubeGuardian program?
Paul,

Hey, I heard about your attack (I actually PMed you on the 26th ... or so ...), and it was my concern over how easily I could find people that had been attacked that partially drove the development of TubeGuardian. For what it's worth, the online version of TubeGuardian will have some tools meant to address channels that were previously hit.

"So now I hear about this program, and that it apperently works."

It does! You can get it here: http://www.TubeGuardian.com (actually hosted @ tg.leagueofreason.co.uk, TubeGuardian.com redirects there ;p).

It is, and always will be, completely free. I have a blog post on the League of Reason with a complete explanation of how the program works. In the forums entry for that blog post I have some detailed instructions on setting up, and using TG. As you've probably seen, I also have a video walk through up on my channel.

Thanks for the interest mate, and I hope we get this BS handled.

- Josh
*COUGH* SHAMELESSPLUG *COUGH*
http://www.youtube.com/1rishShaman

Atheism, Atheist Ireland, Gaming, The Atheist Experience... what more could you want?