Previous Thread Regarding Traveller’s March – Deleted by Mod

Stuff not related to religion or atheism.
mkaobrih

Re: Previous Thread Regarding Traveller’s March – Deleted by Mod

Post by mkaobrih » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:23 am

FXR What is your problem?
The church complains of persecution when it's not allowed to persecute.
Ygern
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Ygern » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:32 am

Right - that is enough.

FXR - drop it.
You are at this stage trolling. You are a guest on this forum, and you do not get to dictate the terms here.

This thread is being locked by me, and no further correspondence is going to be entertained regarding this particular matter.

If anyone wants to have a serious discussion about Travellers, start a new thread but bear in mind that this forum is not going to be used as a platform where bigotry goes unchallenged.

It strikes me that this forum needs some clear posting guidelines as it is no longer the private property of an individual but is paid for by members of Atheist Ireland. I will post some guidelines for discussion on the Members Forum tomorrow, and we will take it from there.
The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time ~ Lawrence Krauss
Cork Skeptics
CatHerder
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by CatHerder » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:00 pm

davef wrote:My €0.02:
I reckon deleting the thread was too heavy-handed. Lock it, fine, I would have no problem with that. You can put a Mod message in the last post and say why exactly you're locking it, which leaves the option of developing the discussion in a further thread, without the abusive/offensive language. Or even re-opening it at a later time. As it stands at the moment, the thread is gone, and an opportunity for an interesting discussion is gone with it. Plus, we now have this snark-fest of a thread...

The last thing I'd like to see is for the moderation here to turn out like that at boards.ie, where threads are locked and posters banned at the drop of a hat.
Just thought I'd say that when a moderator talks about deleting a discussion it can be a bit misleading. Such discussions get moved to a forum where they cant be accessed by members or the public. They can be moved back if it's ever felt necessary.
Such decisions are made by the moderating team, not just by individual moderators.