Vegas Wedding!

Stuff not related to religion or atheism.
Flower

Vegas Wedding!

Post by Flower » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:18 pm

Wish me luck i am getting married in Vegas next week!!! :twisted: my fellas father will never get over us not getting married in a church!.... by a priest.... ha ha!! :lol: :roll: but i dont care , why do people think having a wedding is about religion. ???
Tulip1
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Re: Vegas Wedding!

Post by Tulip1 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:10 pm

Flower wrote:Wish me luck i am getting married in Vegas next week!!! :twisted: my fellas father will never get over us not getting married in a church!.... by a priest.... ha ha!! :lol: :roll: but i dont care , why do people think having a wedding is about religion. ???
Congratulations!!! Hope you get an Elvis wedding though!!
Pope says atheists pick & choose their morals. Correct. Today I will be frowning on child abuse & not having a problem with homosexuality.
dugges
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by dugges » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:28 pm

Congrats, I would totally do a Vegas Wedding! Between the airport and hotel have a Drive Thru Wedding, and a Drive Thru Divorce on the way back to the Airport 8)
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
Douglas Adams
Dr Raskolnikov
Location: "In the beginning there was the word, and the word was "word up biatch""

Post by Dr Raskolnikov » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:43 pm

Flower wrote:Wish me luck i am getting married in Vegas next week!!! :twisted: my fellas father will never get over us not getting married in a church!.... by a priest.... ha ha!! :lol: :roll: but i dont care , why do people think having a wedding is about religion. ???
I'm sure you won't need any luck Flower! Well done to your husband-to-be for supporting you in the face of family disapproval. That's not an easy thing I know! :)

People think having a wedding is about religion because of tradition. But that's no excuse. The ancient Egyptian religion of Isis and Osiris lasted a lot longer than Christianity has, and no one today takes that tradition seriously. You're right - religion should have nothing to do with weddings, marriage or anything else of importance.
Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins the movie by telling you how it ends. Well, I say there are some things we don't want to know. Important things. - Ned Flanders
mkaobrih

Post by mkaobrih » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:57 am

Best of luck I hope you have a great day!!!
The church complains of persecution when it's not allowed to persecute.
Beebub
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by Beebub » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:15 am

Best of luck Flower. I hope it goes well for you.
Dr Raskolnikov wrote:You're right - religion should have nothing to do with weddings, marriage or anything else of importance.[/
I simply can't agree with that. I'm all for separation of church and state and all that it entails. But plenty of people hold marriage very much to do with religion. If two religious people want a religious wedding, who are you to tell them religion should have nothing to do with their marriage? It's entirely their business what they do and how they get married. They're not infringing on anyone else's rights by having a religious wedding. Let them at it I say and good luck to them.

And what do you mean by 'anything else of importance'? Are you suggesting that religious ceremonies should not take place?
chemicals
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by chemicals » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:28 pm

well done Flower - post us a few pics if you can :D - enjoy the day and ignore negative comments etc
والقس هو مجنون
Dr Raskolnikov
Location: "In the beginning there was the word, and the word was "word up biatch""

Post by Dr Raskolnikov » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:12 pm

chemicals wrote:well done Flower - post us a few pics if you can :D - enjoy the day and ignore negative comments etc
Hi Chemicals. I hope you're not suggesting that my comment was negative? :shock:
Last edited by Dr Raskolnikov on Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins the movie by telling you how it ends. Well, I say there are some things we don't want to know. Important things. - Ned Flanders
Dr Raskolnikov

Post by Dr Raskolnikov » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:17 pm

I thought my comments were thoroughly supportive of Flower? Constructive feedback can be useful in helping me deal with my social shortcomings... Please do correct me if I've said something wrong! :lol:
aZerogodist
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by aZerogodist » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Don't worry you can always do another when you get back ;) ..don't know if you ever watched 'Fraiser' the episode where Daphne & Niles got married 3 or 4 times after a Vegas wedding.

Congrads have a great day.