Vegas Wedding!

Stuff not related to religion or atheism.
mkaobrih

Re: Vegas Wedding!

Post by mkaobrih » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:55 pm

Dr Raskolnikov wrote:I thought my comments were thoroughly supportive of Flower? Constructive feedback can be useful in helping me deal with my social shortcomings... Please do correct me if I've said something wrong! :lol:
I think chemicals is referring to the new father in laws comments.
The church complains of persecution when it's not allowed to persecute.
Dr Raskolnikov
Location: "In the beginning there was the word, and the word was "word up biatch""

Post by Dr Raskolnikov » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:45 pm

mkaobrih wrote:
Dr Raskolnikov wrote:I thought my comments were thoroughly supportive of Flower? Constructive feedback can be useful in helping me deal with my social shortcomings... Please do correct me if I've said something wrong! :lol:
:lol:

See, I told you I need help to understand the crazy mores of the social whirlwind! :mrgreen:
Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins the movie by telling you how it ends. Well, I say there are some things we don't want to know. Important things. - Ned Flanders
Dr Raskolnikov
Location: "In the beginning there was the word, and the word was "word up biatch""

Post by Dr Raskolnikov » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:54 am

Beebub wrote:
Dr Raskolnikov wrote:You're right - religion should have nothing to do with weddings, marriage or anything else of importance.[/
I simply can't agree with that. I'm all for separation of church and state and all that it entails. But plenty of people hold marriage very much to do with religion. If two religious people want a religious wedding, who are you to tell them religion should have nothing to do with their marriage? It's entirely their business what they do and how they get married. They're not infringing on anyone else's rights by having a religious wedding. Let them at it I say and good luck to them.

And what do you mean by 'anything else of importance'? Are you suggesting that religious ceremonies should not take place?
Look Beebub, the fact is, I'm saying that religion should have nothing to do with anything of importance. That's my stance. It's what I believe. But I'm not saying that religion must have nothing to do with anything. I'm not standing for election as the head of the next fascist junta. As long as religious people just do their thing and leave the rest of us be that's fine. But they won't leave us be. They cannot. They are commanded to make it their very life's work to piss all over our rights. As long as there is any vestige of religion we are not safe.
Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins the movie by telling you how it ends. Well, I say there are some things we don't want to know. Important things. - Ned Flanders
chemicals
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by chemicals » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:36 am

mkaobrih wrote:
correct
والقس هو مجنون
Flower

Post by Flower » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:58 am

Guys I realise my mistake i shouldnt have mentioned religion in my post!!! as it is off topic, So really sorry about that, i really do not want to create any negative vibes between anyone!
just really want to say i am getting married in Vegas, Graceland wedding chapel..., yes by Elvis!!
Yes i watched the one in Fraiser when they got married 3 times, that made us even more sure that we should do it to please ourselfs!!
:D
Flower

Post by Flower » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:59 am

Guys I realise my mistake i shouldnt have mentioned religion in my post!!! as it is off topic, So really sorry about that, i really do not want to create any negative vibes between anyone!
just really want to say i am getting married in Vegas, Graceland wedding chapel..., yes by Elvis!!
Yes i watched the one in Fraiser when they got married 3 times, that made us even more sure that we should do it to please ourselfs!!
:D
funkyderek

Post by funkyderek » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:12 am

Flower wrote:Guys I realise my mistake i shouldnt have mentioned religion in my post!!!
It's like throwing a dripping steak to a pack of hungry dogs. :wink:

Hope you have a fantastic wedding and a great time in Vegas. Put $10 on red for me. I'll pay you later :mrgreen:
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

Image Image Image Image