Need Help

Stuff not related to religion or atheism.
FreeThinker2010
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Need Help

Post by FreeThinker2010 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:17 pm

Hey guys,me and my fiancee have known eachother for almost 5 years and have been engaged for 3 years,my fiancee lives in trinidad and i live in ireland.Her family on a daily basis upset her,torment her and even treathen to kick her out of the house if she dont agree to do as they say,of course they justify this behaviour with religion and we have been seperated for almost 3 years as a result.I have been finding it hard to find a job so i can get my own place so she can come over so we can get on with our lives.Is there anyone that can offer me a job that can pay rent,bills ect in ireland,all we want is to be together.
funkyderek

Re: Need Help

Post by funkyderek » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:45 pm

Want to narrow it down a bit? What field are you qualified in?
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

Image Image Image Image
FreeThinker2010
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by FreeThinker2010 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:19 am

I dont have any qualifications as of yet but i am very intelligent,fast learner,dedicated,innovative,confident,proactive,realistic,decisive,flexible and energetic person with good communication skills and have a sharp understanding of computers and business.

I just hope i find something soon...she said she felt numb yesterday as i was talking to her today and just the two days ago everything was fine,we were affectionate and joking around as allways then the next day i got no reply from her,she wouldnt answer her phone or text back,which aint the norm,she allways let me know she was ok.

Her parents must have upset her terribly,i think us being seperated for so long with her parents tormenting her all the time has finally got to her,i was talking to her today but she seemed upset.If she ever had a problem or something was bothering her,she always came to me,she always felt comfortable with me even when she needed space.

If anyone could offer me a job,i will be very grateful.
funkyderek

Post by funkyderek » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:25 pm

FreeThinker2010 wrote:I dont have any qualifications as of yet
That's a pity. Qualifications are important. Are you at least working towards something? Do you have anything to your credit that you might not think of as a qualification? A completed FÁS course? Driving license? First Aid certification? A good Leaving Cert?
but i am very intelligent,fast learner,dedicated,innovative,confident,proactive,realistic,decisive,flexible and energetic person with good communication skills and have a sharp understanding of computers and business.
Well, those are pretty much exactly the qualities my employer - and every employer - will be looking for. Unfortunately, they're also the qualities virtually every candidate claims to have. Do you have experience to back up those claims? Have you done volunteer work you can point to, in the absence of relevant commercial experience?
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

Image Image Image Image
FreeThinker2010
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by FreeThinker2010 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:29 pm

I have my junior cert and first aid cert,i will be going to collage this year to finish my leaving,that is if my fiance dont go crazy or give up on life which would devastate me,other then that i understand how mircosoft office,word,excel and internet browser works.I know how things work i just dont have certs.

I dont have much time,ill take just about any job,as long as i can pay rent so she can come over...
funkyderek

Post by funkyderek » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:57 pm

FreeThinker2010 wrote:I dont have much time
Then you have a real problem. Your only advantage over the average 16-year-old is that they're too busy going to school and studying for their Leaving Cert to work full-time.
You should work on your education. If you ever want to earn more than minimum wage, you'll need at least a second-level education; and ideally, third-level.
In the meantime, perhaps you should encourage your fiancée to move out from her family home. She has presumably lived abroad before (or did you live in Trinidad?) so if her home life is so unpleasant and she's planning to move to Ireland anyway, it's the obvious step. Is she working on whatever visas she needs to get a job here? It's unlikely you'll be able to support her on what you'll earn even if you do find a job.

Image Image Image Image
FreeThinker2010
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by FreeThinker2010 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:45 pm

Me and my fiancée are both adults,once we get married she can stay a year and she will be entitle to work here...so once i get a job she can come over,she will get a job,the employer can keep extending her stay,once she is here living in ireland with me and working for 3 years,she can stay permanently with me but in the mean time i need to get a job before anything can happen.

I am very intelligent and i will get my leaving cert but in the mean time i need some sort of job,trinidad is a very dangerous country,anything could happen to her if she was living on her own and its not like i am superman and can simply fly over within a night to protect her.I am a very strong person,i think for myself like you but if she took her own life it would devastate me.

I thought since you guys think for yourselfs like me and understand what is might be like to lose someone you love because of the stupity and ignorence of others.that you would help me out because i would help you if i could.
funkyderek

Post by funkyderek » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:36 pm

I can't really help directly with your job search as I don't work in a sector that requires unskilled labour.
You've probably tried all the supermarkets and fast food restaurants in your area but keep trying. They'll be impressed by your persistence and may think of you when they have an opening. Go to the nearest industrial estate with a stack of CVs and bring them to every factory there. A well-presented CV may help you stand out from the crowd, even if there's little on it.
You may not have considered cleaning companies as they're less visible. If there are no ads in the local paper, consider going through the Golden Pages and calling up each company listed to see if they have any vacancies.
You'll have difficulty supporting two people on minimum wage, and if you have found it so hard to get a job, things will undoubtedly be at least as difficult for your fiancee. Is she qualified in anything likely to be in demand here? If not, is it her goal to get qualified?
Getting your leaving cert should be your major priority. Without it, you're always going to struggle to stay above the poverty line.

Image Image Image Image
FreeThinker2010
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by FreeThinker2010 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:29 pm

My fiancee should find a job no problem,she has allready has many times but its no good unless she is living here,whats more messed up is my education standard and skills are above the certs i have...Thank you for your advice i will keep trying.
FreeThinker2010
Atheist Ireland Member
Atheist Ireland Member

Post by FreeThinker2010 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:30 am

Ok for an update,i am doing a business IT diploma,within six or under months ill complete it...perhaps then someone on here will employ me.